PDA

View Full Version : engine light problem

Accord_tunerx
07-30-2006, 11:22 PM
okay i own a 94 acura legend coupe 6spd
i was just driving alot deerfoot..then my engine light just turn on so i pulled over and check...its does a knocking sound like if you dont prenuim (sorry for spelling mistake) in a rsx type it has that click
does anyone have and idea what it might be?

The Cosworth
07-31-2006, 08:43 AM
could be bad fuel, could be a bad sensor, could be a lot of things, try some things first or get an OBD code reader and figure out what the code is for

Heep
07-31-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by brendankharris
could be bad fuel, could be a bad sensor, could be a lot of things, try some things first or get an OBD code reader and figure out what the code is for

Yep, your best starting point is finding out what the code is. Your Honda dealer should be able to check the code for you - sometimes dealers charge for a code read, sometimes they don't. Is your fuel cap closed tightly (newer Hondas use a click system (need to turn it until it clicks 4 times I think), not sure if '94s do as well)?

liquidboi69
07-31-2006, 10:25 AM
Auto Value checks codes for free I think.

black_radiation
07-31-2006, 10:29 AM
yeah try auto value, but also before you do that, make sure you have your oil topped up, and if that knocking sound you hear is coming from your valve cover, its most likely knocking valves, a common honda engine problem, get a valve adjustment done but get that code checked by auto value because that only usually comes on for a few thing
-dirty air filter
-02 sensor
-low oil pressure
-damaged maf sensor

let us know what it is once u get it checked :)

black_radiation
07-31-2006, 10:30 AM
btw liquidboi..... tila nguyen ftw lol(i hope thats her in your avatar because otherwise im gonna feel like i just finished 9th out of 10 in the special olympics....

Accord_tunerx
07-31-2006, 10:39 AM
alright thanks guys
ill keep you all posted