PDA

View Full Version : WTB: PIII 1.4GHz computer or just processor

Flashmeister
07-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Actually I am just looking for a Pentium III 1.4 GHz processor, but
will take a complete computer if priced reasonably.

I need this for a project PC that just needs a bit more power and can't afford to do a full upgrade. My budget for this project is very
limited, but email me with what you have and I will consider it.

I am hoping that someone will have such a PC sitting around collecting dust...

I do see several eBay sellers with these, however they are all stateside and want to avoid the usual S&H + Duty + Brokerage nightmare... I prefer local (Calgary and possibly Lethbridge or Edmonton), but anywhere in Canada would be better than from the US.

Thanks,

Greg
greg.gall AT mail.com

3G
07-30-2006, 11:43 PM
how much u lokin to spend? i got a p3 1.7GHz

Flashmeister
07-31-2006, 12:12 AM
1.7 GHz would be SWEET but 1.4 GHz is the fastest PIII that was made, as far as I know...

Please correct me if I am wrong...

I suspect yours is a P4?

One thing I neglected to mention, should be an S370, but I think all PIII's were at that speed (some slower were Slot mounted).

Thanks,

Greg

Greek Wizard
07-31-2006, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Flashmeister
1.7 GHz would be SWEET but 1.4 GHz is the fastest PIII that was made, as far as I know...

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Since you asked.

I am pretty sure that the fastest PIII ever made was 1.3 Ghz or something, I remember looking into it when I had a 815e board but they were never released or recalled or something due to burning out issues or something.

1.2Ghz Pentium III Tullys were released I think , but are very rare man

I also think 1.4 PIII Cellys were reased too, maybe that is what you are looking for?

IMO PIII 1Ghz would be better than a 1.4 Ghz Celly.. easiest to find, cheaper and faster in the long run.

Anyways, I never looked it recently, but I did back in the day of my CUSL2-C board.

www.cusl2.com, which became www.asusboards.com and is now http://www.abxzone.com has some stuff like this arcived if you want to take a look.

glennc
07-31-2006, 03:20 AM
Ive got an athalon 1.25 something GHZ with asus motherboard and some asus video card. All components are 2/3 years old. 70 dollars take mobo, vid card and processor. Will include fan, heatsink and screws if needed.

GTi-RS
07-31-2006, 07:00 AM
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PIII1400FC&cat=CPU

erikm5150
07-31-2006, 08:13 AM
i got a P3 1.0 Ghz system if you're interested.

it's a complete IBM system, with video, audio, hard drive, etc.

i'll let it go for $60

Greek Wizard
07-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by GTi-RS
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PIII1400FC&cat=CPU

I stand corrected...

I was thinking of the PIII Tualatin 256KB CPU which reached 1.2 Ghz.

The 1.4 Ghz was a PIII Tualatin 512KB CPU which I honestly did not know existed.

Must be pretty hard to find I say.

Flashmeister
07-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Thanks to GTi-RS for confirming the existance of the PIII/1.4 GHz.

I am mainly looking for a PIII, but may consider a Celeron if it was really cheap.

I have a Compaq motherboard that supports Tualatin processors, but ability to overclock is really limited, so Celerons wouldn't be of any advantage there.

I am mainly looking to either upgrade or replace my existing small form factor (SFF) PC that I keep in my TV stand (HTPC). Full size motherboards (ie. ATX) or PC's aren't of much use to me, however they may provide parts to upgrade my existing SFF PC.

Thanks,

Greg

vincent-h
07-31-2006, 12:44 PM
i might have one in a old computer at my friend's house i'd have to check the speed can't quite remember.

3G
08-01-2006, 01:15 AM
sry my bad its a p4

Flashmeister
08-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Still looking for a PIII / 1.4 GHz processor...

Thanks,

Greg

Mar
08-04-2006, 01:09 PM
It's not for a Car PC project is it? I'd advise against it if it is.

Flashmeister
08-04-2006, 01:56 PM
No, its for un upgrade to my existing HTPC, that was made out of an old Dell GX-150 SFF.

Just curious why you wouldn't recommend it for a car PC?

Thanks,

Greg

Mar
08-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Too much power consumption used and requred. Most Mini-ITX boards used in cars have built in processors that can't be changed.