PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers or extender springs???

FlamingC19
07-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey everyone, I just bought a car a couple of days ago, and was wondering if I could get some insight into what to do for driving in the winter!!! The car was never winter driven and has a full body kit and is lowered. I can take the body kit off myself and put the stock bumper on but I dont really want to screw around with the lowering springs!!! I was wondering if people think I should get coilovers to make it easier to adjust the height whenever I want or a friend said I could go to Princess Auto and grab spring extenders to get me through the winter (which would be a lot cheaper). What do you guys think??? I would appreciate any kind of help I can get.

Thanks Scott

DeeCEE101
07-31-2006, 08:55 PM
I've had the eclipse for a few years now, and it still hasn't seen snow (it's from nevada) anyways... I couldn't bear to expose it to the snow/salt/rocks so if you can reason, I'd get a winter car, something reasonable that won't break the bank and won't leave you stranded in the cold, and then sell it once spring comes around (which is what i've been doing) or even keep it as a DD if you like it that much, and keep your car as mint as it was as the day you bought it..

if that's not possible, I'm sure other beyonders will shine in and let you know what they do during the winter...