PDA

View Full Version : M3 vs 3rd gen Rx-7

Glowrider
04-16-2003, 11:11 AM
Last night I was at the "hangouts", with my car. Anyways, a friend of mine who has a black M3 found some guy with an Rx-7 that said he wanted to race me. Well, the cops came because there was a Ford Explorer that was on fire down the street, so we all left and went to a gas station down the road a bit.

I get to the gas station and get talking with the Rx-7 owner. He has full exhaust (midpipe, downpipe, Pettit catback) and intake. His turbo's are going bad, but he is still boosting 10 psi. So we agree to run.

We pull out into the street. I turn off DSC, and put SMG into S6 and manual mode. He wants to roll from 20 mph in first gear.

So we get going 20 mph. He honks three times and we hit it. I jump on him a tad right away, we get to 2nd gear and stay the same, 3rd he starts creeping up. 4th gear we were DEAD even. No one was puilling on anyone, just even, approaching 140 mph. He hits the brakes and we turn around and shoot the shit for a little while. On the way back his car made some weird gurgling sound, I think he blew his turbo's. Cool guy though.

:thumbsup: for M3's and Rx-7's :)

ExitSpeed
04-16-2003, 03:16 PM
Interesting race....

The gurgling sound is probably his Air Seperation Tank (AST) purging out the air from his coolant....hope he has an aftermarket one as they are notorious for going bad and blowing up.

If he did blow his turbo, it's a great excuse to go single and go big.

Fluidic
04-16-2003, 03:56 PM
Glowrider, off topic, but I was wondering when the photos of your car (accessed through the link in your sig) are going to become active again? I love reading your stories and then looking at your car!

Peter

Glowrider
04-16-2003, 04:20 PM
My bad, Peter. Picturetrail "phases out" accounts that aren't being logged into frequently. I'll upload them on a new account.

EDIT: Fixed. :thumbsup:

Fluidic
04-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Right on, thanks!

Maxt
04-17-2003, 06:51 AM
Hey Glowrider, anytime you want to go up against a 2nd gen Rx-7, let me know.. Maxt

rx7_turbo2
04-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
Hey Glowrider, anytime you want to go up against a 2nd gen Rx-7, let me know.. Maxt
Hahaha, that would be fun to see.

ecstasyracer
04-21-2003, 11:54 PM
I would pay to see that.

littledan
04-21-2003, 11:59 PM
i would give my left nut to have a m3...:drool: