PDA

View Full Version : aaaarghh... stupid deerfoot trail

h_s
07-31-2006, 11:10 PM
about 6pm today i was heading up to the nw on deerfoot trail and all of a sudden this HUGE block of wood pops up out of nowhere (after the truck in front drives around it) i swerve trying to avoid it (kind of hard because i have a split second to think) and i smoke it HARD, it f-ed up my front bumper/grill/sideskirt paint and my rad is leaking now... on top of that both my passenger side wheels are dented so bad that my tires leaked and were flat and i had to get it towed. what a day

my question is... can i claim this damage to the city of calgary or provincial something??? im lucky i didnt crash into any other cars or die or something...

pictures later tonight or tomorrow... whenever i find my camera

edit: and on top of that i ask the damn towing company countless times to PLEASE BRING A F-IN FLATBED but the brought a damn regular tow truck and i had to pop off my rear bumper to tow it home..... plus the drivers side window came off its rails

h_s
07-31-2006, 11:32 PM

h_s
07-31-2006, 11:33 PM

h_s
07-31-2006, 11:33 PM

h_s
07-31-2006, 11:34 PM

Zoom_Zoom
07-31-2006, 11:47 PM
u probly seen tokyo drift and got happy or something.

nismodrifter
07-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Deerfoot is F'ing gay...sick of all the stupid left lane lingerers who never get out of the F'ing way and all of the bullshit on the road. Saw a hockey bag with shit in it sittin in the middle of a lane and also saw a huge freaking piece of metal today. Gayness.

h_s
07-31-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Zoom_Zoom
u probly seen tokyo drift and got happy or something.

well that post didnt make any sense to me at all but i did see tokyo drift and i was so happy that i was punching my windshield with joy... i guess some thing good came out of this whole ordeal... my front tube of underglow broke in a bunch of pieces

rockym20
07-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Unless you saw it come off a vehicle, you are considered to be at fault for hitting it.

saiyajin
08-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Deerfoot is F'ing gay...sick of all the stupid left lane lingerers who never get out of the F'ing way and all of the bullshit on the road. Saw a hockey bag with shit in it sittin in the middle of a lane and also saw a huge freaking piece of metal today. Gayness.

there was a ladder this one time i was on deerfoot i thought it was goddamn insane good thing it was parrallel with the lane ...imagine it if it was perpendicular to the lane someones car would get fukked right up :banghead:

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-01-2006, 12:44 AM
i hate deerfoot... i feel like doing tokyo drift, just to get past anyone (but... without the drifting)

its insane... no one moves... traffic backs up because people are idiots... and then everything falls off

FiveFreshFish
08-01-2006, 12:45 AM
I think this needs to be added.

Originally posted by rockym20
Unless you saw it come off a vehicle and you are able to positively identify the vehicle, you are considered to be at fault for hitting it.

88CRX
08-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I think this needs to be added.

ding ding ding. you must be 100% sure... no guessing aloud.

BTW, i feel your pain.... i fucking hate deerfoot trail :thumbsdow

AcuraTl
08-01-2006, 07:13 AM
i hope your alright man, im ont he foot atleast 3-4 times a day, it coul dhave happened to anyone, and i think i saw your car on the shoulder, gl

jdmakkord
08-01-2006, 07:29 AM
I saw you on the shoulder, northbound right? I was wondering why there were 3 or 4 cars all pulled over.

4doorj
08-01-2006, 08:39 AM
ouch that sucks:thumbsdow

h_s
08-01-2006, 09:30 AM
me and this other lady originally pulled over because she hit it too, but she drove off cuz her tires werent f-ed.. just a bunch of buddies, i was using one guys CAA, and they told us it would be up to 2 hours so we got some cold shots and sat up on the hill

accord885
08-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Ya I had to dodge a f-ing picnic table upsidedown in the centre lane. Thank god for ESP on my Magnum otherwise i would have been in the ditch.

slickk
08-01-2006, 09:45 AM
oh SNAP! I'd friggin lose it! Tough break man...

khtm
08-01-2006, 10:01 AM
So you were tailgating the truck in front of you and hit a piece of wood?

Boo-fucking-who.

If you kept your distance you would have seen the wood in advance and had time to avoid it.

HiSpec
08-01-2006, 10:01 AM
ever seen a F150 with a BBQ in the back, then the cardboard box "holding it together" flew off??

This happened to me while I was following it while coming off a off-ramp onto 'Foot.

SilverBoost
08-01-2006, 10:04 AM
I saw a woman dragging the tailgate off her truck off the deerfoot on sunday.

At least she moved it, but it was crazy. She could have gotten herself killed trying to pull it off. I just saw her in front of me from a ways back, and then she lifts this thing up and zips off to the side. If someone had it that which would have been almost impossible to see until you were on it, it would have been bad news.

adam c
08-01-2006, 10:23 AM
hmm i was driving in the new areas onm sunday and there was a piece of sheet metal flying around in the wind. almost hit my car, must have been about 5' x 6' crazy!

and i was on mcknight and someone finally decided to dispose of their christmas tree on the fucking road along with a bag of garbage

mx73someday
08-01-2006, 10:43 AM
A couple days ago a truck broke down on the deerfoot, but he remained in the center lane for some retarded reason (traffic was very light and I'm certain he had time to move one lane over to the side of the road). That lane became backed up as I approached at 110km/h in the adjacent lane and just as I was about to pass it, 3-4 cars from that lane decided to jump into mine from a stand still. Luckily I was hard on the brakes and the horn and I managed to stop in time.

Team_Mclaren
08-01-2006, 10:59 AM
deerfoot is fucking gay, i drive up and down (from Mcknight to Douglasdale) at elast 4-6 times a day. Something new everytime, its like a whole new advanture everytime you go on deerfoot.

But why would you claim the damage toe the city? Why do we have to pay for the damage that some random idoit made (that idoit being the guy who dropped the pieve of wood)

Sprinter
08-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by khtm

Boo-fucking-who.

If you kept your distance you would have seen the wood in advance and had time to avoid it.

wow... that's a bit harsh

But anyways... its something that cannot be controlled, i just hope that all goes well when you get your car fixed. I hate Deerfoot, its a freaking minefeild of trouble.

h_s
08-01-2006, 11:39 AM

Boo-fucking-who.

wasnt tailgating but going 100+ and cars on either side of you.. its hard to dodge or even slow down and swerve outta way (without hitting another car or rolling over)

im claiming to the province, hey they spend our tax dollars on there 5-6 figure incomes and lives of luxury, plus alot of other bs, so i feel no remorse of getting some of my money back

h_s
08-01-2006, 11:46 AM
btw: anyone know anybody who sells adr wheels?? i need to replace 2 16"adr lightings

heavyD
08-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Funny story. Years ago I went to pick up the first (& last) income tax refund I've had in years. It was only for $500 but was nice not to pay for once. Anyway I took my 1989 Mazda 323GT winter beater on deerfoot trail at lunch to get my return from the accountant. I was heading deerfoot south just past the 17th Ave turnoff and noticed that the vehicle ahead of me swerved to miss something but it was too lat for me. I ran over some of that thin HVAC metal that was all scrunched up. Didn't really think much of it as it just made a crunching noise but when I turned off into Foothills the guy behind me got out of his car to tell me that my car was leaking gasoling big time. I looked and my once full tank was now at empty. The gas tank and fuel lines were completely shredded and after tow and servces my $500 return shrunk to $75.00 just while picking it up.:dunno:

Deerfoot is an accident waiting to happen every minute of every day. That's why I avoid it at all costs.

403Gemini
08-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Funny story. Years ago I went to pick up the first (& last) income tax refund I've had in years. It was only for $500 but was nice not to pay for once. Anyway I took my 1989 Mazda 323GT winter beater on deerfoot trail at lunch to get my return from the accountant. I was heading deerfoot south just past the 17th Ave turnoff and noticed that the vehicle ahead of me swerved to miss something but it was too lat for me. I ran over some of that thin HVAC metal that was all scrunched up. Didn't really think much of it as it just made a crunching noise but when I turned off into Foothills the guy behind me got out of his car to tell me that my car was leaking gasoling big time. I looked and my once full tank was now at empty. The gas tank and fuel lines were completely shredded and after tow and servces my $500 return shrunk to $75.00 just while picking it up.:dunno:

Deerfoot is an accident waiting to happen every minute of every day. That's why I avoid it at all costs.

its not bad late at night when theres almost nobody on it and you can see everything infront of you :D

snade831
08-01-2006, 12:07 PM
And it's only going to get worse with our rapidly growing city.

khtm
08-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Dude, I can't even believe you're trying to debate that somehow this is your fault.

What would happen if there was an accident in front of you? Would you just drive right into it because you were going too fast to avoid it and following too closely to the truck in front of you?

If the wood flew off the back of a truck, yeah I could see how that would be unavoidable, but in what you described, with the wood just sitting in the lane, it's definitely your fault. It's called DEFENSIVE DRIVING.

AE92_TreunoSC
08-01-2006, 12:13 PM
My dad taught me the #1 rule on deerfoot, always drive behind someone as if their wheel bearing is going to lock up. I've seen this happen once, and it's completely sudden and random, don't care how good of a driver you are. You cant avoid a car hopping and spinning 6 meters infront of you. Luck determines that :D

whiskas
08-01-2006, 12:57 PM
I saw a bale of hay and a mattress in the middle of deerfoot.

And once I was driving behind a truck with no tailgate, he had a fridge in his truckbed upright being held to the truck with 2 bungee cords, I got out of that lane quickly.

403Gemini
08-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Dude, I can't even believe you're trying to debate that somehow this is your fault.

What would happen if there was an accident in front of you? Would you just drive right into it because you were going too fast to avoid it and following too closely to the truck in front of you?

If the wood flew off the back of a truck, yeah I could see how that would be unavoidable, but in what you described, with the wood just sitting in the lane, it's definitely your fault. It's called DEFENSIVE DRIVING.

man, stop being such a bitch.

if there was an accident up ahead its quite a bit more noticeable than a piece of wood on the road. Clearly driving a car which is much lower to the ground then a truck reduces visability in that lane.

Hes not blaming anybody, hes not saying its not his fault, hes just stating how poorly maintained deerfoot is, and gauging everybody elses comments stating how shitty the road conditions are and all the shit we see on it, hes obviously right.

So take your faggot trolling ass out of this thread if all you want to do is start a fight.

jdmakkord
08-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

man, stop being such a bitch.

if there was an accident up ahead its quite a bit more noticeable than a piece of wood on the road. Clearly driving a car which is much lower to the ground then a truck reduces visability in that lane.

Hes not blaming anybody, hes not saying its not his fault, hes just stating how poorly maintained deerfoot is, and gauging everybody elses comments stating how shitty the road conditions are and all the shit we see on it, hes obviously right.

So take your faggot trolling ass out of this thread if all you want to do is start a fight. :werd:

FivE.SeveN
08-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

And then you spent the last 75 on a couple 40's of rye? :D I wouldve!

Ca_Silvia13
08-01-2006, 03:06 PM
The worst ive seen was a couple of years ago, like 5 or 6 i was in a car (not driving) and on a concrete mixing truck the trough that they pour the concrete down folds up so it does not stick out so far past the truck. Ya that fell off on Deerfoot, and if you dont know what it looks like they are about 3 feet long and are concaved enough so they stick out about 18" when laying flat. I was right beside the car that hit it. Holy shit that fuckin tiny mazda flew about 6' in the air and landed so hard. That old lady probably shit herself.:eek:

heavyD
08-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN

And then you spent the last 75 on a couple 40's of rye? :D I wouldve!

How did you know I drink rye?;) Yeah I probably did.

QuasarCav
08-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Since it's story time!

I was driving south on the calfrobe and I see the shiny piece of tin getting kicked around by a few cars. I drive into the slow lane to aviod and I see it come up an over my hood frisbee style and hit the saturn coupe in the middle lane. I see the front panel get cut in half and fly off. Lady in the saturn didn't even know she had one less dent resitant panel.

DoubleLP
08-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Driving along QEII to Edmonton just by the Ponoka turn off. A 4x4 piece of wood...probably 16 ft long is perpendicular to the left lane. A Mazda had hit it, blew at least two tires and made it into the ditch. However....he LEFT the wood on the highway. LOTS of people were trying to avoid. Luckily I was in the right lane and missed it completely.

nine5ej1
08-01-2006, 09:48 PM
I think another problem with the deerfoot is some of the POS cars people drive on it. You know, the ones that are more rust than paint and look like they haven't had a wheel alignment or tune up in like 5 years.

Now to my story......
It was like a year or so ago, I was driving north and passing the glenmore turn off. The car in front of me was burning so much oil the smell was making sick:barf:. So I decide to pass on the left side (we were both in the right lane) and as I pass
I notice the hood kind of flapping and I think to myself 'that shit is going to fly off and kill someone' and at that moment NO WORD OF A LIE the fucking hood swings open, smashes the windshield. The lady driving is screaming a the top of her lungs at the broken windshield (which was now covered by the hood). She's fucking loosing it! So I guide her to the shoulder by blocking traffic from behide. She's lucky it wasn't busy, or else :eek:

Team_Mclaren
08-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by nine5ej1
I think another problem with the deerfoot is some of the POS cars people drive on it. You know, the ones that are more rust than paint and look like they haven't had a wheel alignment or tune up in like 5 years.

Now to my story......
It was like a year or so ago, I was driving north and passing the glenmore turn off. The car in front of me was burning so much oil the smell was making sick:barf:. So I decide to pass on the left side (we were both in the right lane) and as I pass
I notice the hood kind of flapping and I think to myself 'that shit is going to fly off and kill someone' and at that moment NO WORD OF A LIE the fucking hood swings open, smashes the windshield. The lady driving is screaming a the top of her lungs at the broken windshield (which was now covered by the hood). She's fucking loosing it! So I guide her to the shoulder by blocking traffic from behide. She's lucky it wasn't busy, or else :eek:

hah
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140575

anyway, I still dont understand why you are claiming the province? I know its not your fault but its ridiculous that you are trying to get the government to pay for your lost. Shit happens all the time, it's no body's fault other then the driver who dropped that piece of metal. It has nothing to do with the government and yet you are trying to make "us" to pay for your misfortune

the_new_santa1
08-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Dude, I saw your car getting towed I think, is yours a 92-95 civic hatch, with a jdm source sticker on the back window and a white interior...?

h_s
08-02-2006, 02:28 PM
yup thats it, sticker on the side

the_new_santa1
08-02-2006, 03:11 PM
dude, even with your car broken and shit it is still sick, I love it....

slickk
08-02-2006, 04:10 PM
One windy afternoon I was driving Southbound on Deerfoot and notice this truck with a bunch of junk in the back was slowing down heading Northbound and a whole bunch of garbage was littered all over the Northbound lanes behind him.

The wind was blowing all that shit over to the Southbound lanes and all of a sudden a huge piece of styrofoam crosses right into the fast lane and I smoke it head on with the nose and windshield of my car. The styrofoam shattered into 100s of pieces and I could see all the little pieces of styrofoam breaking up in my rear view mirror with cars dodging them left and right.

I'll never forget how loud my girlfriend screamed and how much I laughed. :rofl: :D :rofl: My car was fine...

ianmcc
08-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Scenario: southbound Deerfoot just before Douglasdale turnoff. I was following a yellow Hummer pulling an unloaded car trailer the kind with two ramps that look like ladders. I noticed one was bouncing up and down in its track under the trailer and with my Spider-Sense a-buzzing I back off a few car lengths and sure enough it bounces out and slides ever so gracefully behind the trailer and straight as an arrow it slides into the dead area between Deerfoot and the off-ramp, out of harms way. A dude in a station wagon sees the ramp set forth on its journey to freedom and pulls up beside the Hummer and yells at him through the passenger side window. Mr. Hummer then pulls over to the breakdown lane to retrieve his lost puppy.
Never amazes me the LARGE debris on the Deerfoot.

h_s
08-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by the_new_santa1
dude, even with your car broken and shit it is still sick, I love it....

thanks man, the car is my life thats why it sucks to go through this kind of stuff... kind of a blessing in disguise because i hated my front bumper and rims

man after all these stories im scared as shit to go on deerfoot trail, im ripping my buddies truck around while my cars outta commision and im actually doing the speed limit for once in my life :confused: but in the right lane so everybodies happy

stevieo
08-02-2006, 11:26 PM
coming home from deerfoot yesterday (northbound)

some truck lost about 3 tarp covers, man it looked like he was trying to be spiderman or something catching bad guys.

all you see is 3 big blue piece of plastic coming flying otu at people... so retarded.

fcuk_it
08-03-2006, 01:31 AM
driving down 16th east to deerfoot south I had my sunroof open and i was behind a gravel truck then a pretty big rock falls off the truck and smoked me on the head and I thought my friend hit me but then she picked up the rock and said this just smoked you in the head....

and this other time I was driving down deerfoot south in the middle lane and this HUGE truck w/ stacks of drywall strapped on it wasn't really strapped down and sheets of of drywall started falling off and flying everywhere down deerfoot and I saw 2 cars get smoked by them... deerfoot is a DEATH TRAP

the_new_santa1
08-03-2006, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by fcuk_it
driving down 16th east to deerfoot south I had my sunroof open and i was behind a gravel truck then a pretty big rock falls off the truck and smoked me on the head and I thought my friend hit me but then she picked up the rock and said this just smoked you in the head....

and this other time I was driving down deerfoot south in the middle lane and this HUGE truck w/ stacks of drywall strapped on it wasn't really strapped down and sheets of of drywall started falling off and flying everywhere down deerfoot and I saw 2 cars get smoked by them... deerfoot is a DEATH TRAP

yes it is a death trap, but there is a way for people to avoid this shit, DONT DRIVE ON DEERFOOT WITH SHIT IN YOUR VEHICLES THAT IS NOT STRAPPED DOWN PROPERLY......:guns:

Redlyne_mr2
08-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Watch out for ttops flying off of Krazy Kooters truck

DonJuan
08-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Story 1: LOLZ, I was driving down Deerfoot in my 88 hardbody (winter beater) and I thought the extended cab side window was cracked open, so I lean back to close it and as I lock it the front part (where the glass is attached) flys off and almost takes my hand with it! I see it flying in the air and land and promptly runover by a panel van shattering to peices I just kept driving. I just turned up the heat as it was Feburary. The driver in the panel van didn't even notice, probably thought he just hit a pot hole.

Story 2: Not more than 3 days after getting my brake upgrade done (300zx) I was driving on deerfoot north during rush hour in the fast lane at about 100 or so there was tons of traffic in the right lanes and moving slowly (as it always does during rush hour by 64th) but the fast lane was pretty clear, some stupid ass lady in a NEON just cuts out in front of me! Needless to say my eyeballs were in front of my face and my underwear needed changing as I had swerved onto the shoulder to avoid her and was driving behind her cautiosly counting my lucky stars that I didn't hit anything and as her NEON struggled to get to 50 and she flips me off! What a stunned cunt!

schurchill39
08-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Comming over an overpass here in the hat today right at the top crest of the hill there was a 2x4 with what seemed to be sheetmetal nailed to the bottom of it. It was lying in between the 2 lanes of trafic. I was in the left lane and a rig guy infront of me about 2 car lengths nails this thing and shoots it over into my lane. Because its at the crest of the overpass I barely saw it before I smoked it. It scared the shit out of me. When I got to my girlfriends house I got out to check the damage but thankfully it didnt seem to bad. Thank god the sheetmetal part was flat on the ground or I would be repacing my rad. I didnt care much if my bumper got screwed up because I am putting a new one on this weekend.

barbarian
08-05-2006, 10:56 AM
People need to secure their fucking loads, and the police need to crack down on people who don't.