PDA

View Full Version : You know gas is getting too expensive when...

rc2002
08-01-2006, 12:24 AM
...somebody siphons gas from your car when it's parked. The needle was right at full when I pulled into the parkade (Bankers Hall) this morning for work today. I just noticed after work that it was really dirty around the gas cap and rear fender - when I got closer, I saw that it was actually gasoline. Whoever did the siphoning was really messy about it. They took almost 3/8 of the tank.

Man, what is this world coming to? I'm going to alert security tomorrow and keep a close eye in the parkade from now on.

:guns:

Buy your own gas you stupid fuckers.

[/end rant]

Importz
08-01-2006, 12:29 AM
lol thats hurtin for surtin

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-01-2006, 12:35 AM
i'm pretty sure someone did the same to me... i filled the tank yesterday... not i'm at half... i drove about 50kms... i thought civics were supposed to have good mileage?

Team_Mclaren
08-01-2006, 12:39 AM
holy shit thats hardcore... wow, some poor bastard!!! TAKE THE FUCKING BUS

FiveFreshFish
08-01-2006, 12:39 AM
No locking gas door?

max_boost
08-01-2006, 12:44 AM
WTF! :eek:

FiveFreshFish
08-01-2006, 12:46 AM
Park with your gas filler right next a wall or pillar if possible.

sh0ko
08-01-2006, 07:27 AM
haha that guy must be a redneck ;) hehe!!!

nonsane
08-01-2006, 07:35 AM
"Oh man. I shouldn't have eaten the mint first" -Otto from simpsons.

IntegraG2
08-01-2006, 07:38 AM
wow thats fucking hurt case....sorry to hear that richard

Unknown303
08-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Thats retarded. Since Canadian Tire sells those handpump things for siphoning it must be a lot easier for those people now.

4doorj
08-01-2006, 08:08 AM
oh man that sucks:thumbsdow

adam c
08-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
No locking gas door?

x2?

Mitsu3000gt
08-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
i'm pretty sure someone did the same to me... i filled the tank yesterday... not i'm at half... i drove about 50kms... i thought civics were supposed to have good mileage?

Alot of car's gas guages are far from accurate. They will go say 50km on the first "half" tank, and then several hundred on the last "half". Alot of cars will drop quickly and then take a long time to drop the rest, or they will hardly drop at all, and then fall like a rock later.

Also, at least with the people I know, people fill up with gas WAY to often. When it gets even remotely close to empty, without the light even being on, they will fill up, when in reality they have 20+ liters of gas left in the tank. Granted if your taking a long trip obviously you don't want to be stranded, but in the city, not many people I don't think pay attention to how much gas their putting in and how much gas their tank can hold. I will drive with the empty light on for another 30K, and when I fill up, I will of have 15 liters of gas still left in the tank - on the highway thats another 200 km!!. Most empty lights come on super early too.

This is just from my experience, hope it helps.

Mark

rc2002
08-01-2006, 08:27 AM
No locking gas door?

Yeah it had a locking gas door. It has a release switch from the inside. But there's no key lock on the gas door. I might have to look into that...

snade831
08-01-2006, 08:33 AM
is there any surveillance in that parking lot? I cant believe someone got away with that.

rc2002
08-01-2006, 08:37 AM
There's security guards who make their rounds quite regularly. I haven't kept an eye out for cameras though.

QuasarCav
08-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Alot of car's gas guages are far from accurate. They will go say 50km on the first "half" tank, and then several hundred on the last "half". Alot of cars will drop quickly and then take a long time to drop the rest, or they will hardly drop at all, and then fall like a rock later.

Also, at least with the people I know, people fill up with gas WAY to often. When it gets even remotely close to empty, without the light even being on, they will fill up, when in reality they have 20+ liters of gas left in the tank. Granted if your taking a long trip obviously you don't want to be stranded, but in the city, not many people I don't think pay attention to how much gas their putting in and how much gas their tank can hold. I will drive with the empty light on for another 30K, and when I fill up, I will of have 15 liters of gas still left in the tank - on the highway thats another 200 km!!. Most empty lights come on super early too.

Mark

Thanks Mark.

I will stop being so frivolous with my filling and only go to the gas station when my car is jerking from fumes.

heavyD
08-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Thanks Mark.

I will stop being so frivolous with my filling and only go to the gas station when my car is jerking from fumes.

No doubt.:rolleyes: The guy first says that gas gauges are generally innacurate which is true but then he says not to fill up until the light turns on which is bad advise. The idiot lights can't be trusted as maybe your car can run 200 km's with the light on but I have seen cars that won't go very far once the light comes on. Also constantly running on empty will reduce the life of your fuel pump as gasoline is what cools the pump and no gas means no cooling. It will also mean that you are sucking the dirt & crud from the bottom of your gas tank into your fuel system which can clog fuel filters and injectors. In reality the people that are filling up more often will have less problems with their fuel system.

l8braker
08-01-2006, 08:51 AM

Thanks Mark.

LOL.

It happened in Banker's Hall no less, I wonder if whoever did it got gas over his suit?

Mitsu3000gt
08-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

No doubt.:rolleyes: The guy first says that gas gauges are generally innacurate which is true but then he says not to fill up until the light turns on which is bad advise. The idiot lights can't be trusted as maybe your car can run 200 km's with the light on but I have seen cars that won't go very far once the light comes on. Also constantly running on empty will reduce the life of your fuel pump as gasoline is what cools the pump and no gas means no cooling. It will also mean that you are sucking the dirt & crud from the bottom of your gas tank into your fuel system which can clog fuel filters and injectors. In reality the people that are filling up more often will have less problems with their fuel system.

Although I quite enjoyed the "jerking on fumes"comment LOL, this always happens....I will say something, state on numerous occasions it is only my opinion and from my personal experience and that of people I know, and people will take it as I am giving strict advice, or trying to tell everyone to do exactly what I am talking about. It seems people tend to read only what they want to.

1) I said this is all from my personal experience. I was just trying to say that alot of peopel have the illusion they are getting crappy or amazing mileage because of the gas guage.

2) I said I watch what I put in at the pumps, when my car says empty and guage that against the capacity in the manual. Not once did I say don't fill up until after the light comes on. I just said that you can probably wait, and in my experience, with my car, I can. If I'm "running on empty" with 20L left in the 65L tank, I think my fuel pump is getting plenty of cooling.

3) I never said to fill up when you are bone dry, just that you can usually go alot further than you think on empty. Alot of people I know get all worked up and try find a gas station when they dont need one at all. I have a friend that fills up every time just below half tank. I clearly said that alot of the people I know will fill up when it is not even close to the empty light, let alone an empty tank.

I was just trying to help, and clearly stated it was my own experience. I never told anyone to run er' dry every time. No need to flame.

Mark

benyl
08-01-2006, 09:25 AM

Thanks Mark.

Don't you know that Mark provides tons of information about all cars.

Personally, I try never to go until the light is on. There is so much garbage in fuel these days. Plus, if you go a round a corner quick and you are low on fuel, you run the risk of running your fuel pump dry, or worse yet, running lean...

Thanks for your advice Mark, but I think I will stick to filling sooner rather than later.

Mitsu3000gt
08-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Don't you know that Mark provides tons of information about all cars.

Personally, I try never to go until the light is on. There is so much garbage in fuel these days. Plus, if you go a round a corner quick and you are low on fuel, you run the risk of running your fuel pump dry, or worse yet, running lean...

Thanks for your advice Mark, but I think I will stick to filling sooner rather than later.

I was just telling my personal experience, I never told anyone to do one thing or another.

I don't know why everyone is jumping on this.

Mark

bigboom
08-01-2006, 10:10 AM
its out of my dads '04 TL too so it does have a locking cap and internal release. but it didnt have to be at bankers hall...it could have happened last night when you took the car out too.

iceburns288
08-01-2006, 11:39 AM
I drive 150km with the gas light on and 80-90km with the gas meter on "0mi to empty":D The Z has a terrifyingly stupid gas gauge. It's never that far off, though, that sucks to hear!

asuth077
08-01-2006, 11:44 AM

I was just telling my personal experience, I never told anyone to do one thing or another.

I don't know why everyone is jumping on this.

Mark

You don't have to sign your name it says your screen name to the left of your message.

Asuth077.

snade831
08-01-2006, 12:10 PM
^^^ maybe he wants to use his real name

benyl
08-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by snade831
^^^ maybe he wants to use his real name

Then why didn't he sign up that way?

Benyl ;)

Mitsu3000gt
08-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Im just used to putting my name after anything I write to anyone else :) There really is no reason for it other than that.

QuasarCav
08-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Im just used to putting my name after anything I write to anyone else :) There really is no reason for it other than that.

Glad we cleared that up.

Quasarcav

Unknown303
08-01-2006, 01:24 PM
This thread its turning a little strange. But i for one don't even know if my car has a near empty light. its never been below 1/4 tank i think.

-Unknown

buh_buh
08-01-2006, 01:40 PM
hey Mark your advice sucks ass, and it has nothing to do with someone syphoning gas out of your tank. so please stfu.

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-01-2006, 01:49 PM
i dont even hav an empty light... i just wait till one of my passengers is like "hey man... your tank is looking awful empty there... maybe you should fill up?" and then they pay... lol

my gas gauge is insanely off... if i take an on or offramp the gauge will say empty (even if i just filled up) it will go from 1/4 all they way to 3/4 its so far off... but usually its really slow for the first half, and terrifyingly quick on the second half

max_boost
08-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
hey Mark your advice sucks ass, and it has nothing to do with someone syphoning gas out of your tank. so please stfu. hahaha:rofl: :thumbsup:

benyl
08-01-2006, 02:03 PM
hey Mark your advice sucks ass, and it has nothing to do with someone syphoning gas out of your tank. so please stfu.

Thank you for saying it... I was trying to be nice. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

/////AMG
08-01-2006, 02:14 PM

Is the Beyond Police back? If so, please let me know. :)

/////AMG

Unknown303
08-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Now that it cost over 50 to fill my car i think i might start to syphon gas, seems a lot cheaper.

-unknown

asuth077
08-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Now that it cost over 50 to fill my car i think i might start to syphon gas, seems a lot cheaper.

-unknown

Don't give into the dark side, infact you should buy me gas for making that comment.

-asuth077

/////AMG
08-01-2006, 03:03 PM
syphon gas from ludegirls prelude please

/////AMG

l8braker
08-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
syphon gas from ludegirls prelude please

/////AMG

No way, then some poor guy has to stop and help her out.

l8braker (Ryan)

DoubleLP
08-01-2006, 03:47 PM

Although I quite enjoyed the "jerking on fumes"comment LOL, this always happens....I will say something, state on numerous occasions it is only my opinion and from my personal experience and that of people I know, and people will take it as I am giving strict advice, or trying to tell everyone to do exactly what I am talking about. It seems people tend to read only what they want to.

1) I said this is all from my personal experience. I was just trying to say that alot of peopel have the illusion they are getting crappy or amazing mileage because of the gas guage.

2) I said I watch what I put in at the pumps, when my car says empty and guage that against the capacity in the manual. Not once did I say don't fill up until after the light comes on. I just said that you can probably wait, and in my experience, with my car, I can. If I'm "running on empty" with 20L left in the 65L tank, I think my fuel pump is getting plenty of cooling.

3) I never said to fill up when you are bone dry, just that you can usually go alot further than you think on empty. Alot of people I know get all worked up and try find a gas station when they dont need one at all. I have a friend that fills up every time just below half tank. I clearly said that alot of the people I know will fill up when it is not even close to the empty light, let alone an empty tank.

I was just trying to help, and clearly stated it was my own experience. I never told anyone to run er' dry every time. No need to flame.

Mark

I bet that this is the same guy who in the winter lets his tank get nice and low, parks it for the night, then goes to start it in the morning and wonders why it does not start!

I am one of "those" guys who fills up my tank all the time. Usually when I get around a 1/2 tank I fill up the car. I have always done this, except when I am making a road trip then I will stretch it out to about a 1/4 tank.

And especially in the winter do I avoid going below 1/2 a tank so as to avoid the "frozen gas tank" which I see a lot of in the winter.

403Gemini
08-01-2006, 03:48 PM
i fill up my tank usually around 1/8 1/4 of the way but i would be furious if somebody syphoned my gas. happened to my buddy. he filled up one night, picked me up the next day then looked down and freaked. he was at about 1/4 of a tank and i only live like 6 blocks from him haha

max_boost
08-01-2006, 04:06 PM
I have a habit now of filling up the car everytime it goes down to half a tank. Sure I make a few more trips to the gas station but I rather pay $25 every 2-3 days than $60 in one shot. I know it doesn't make a difference but it just doesn't seem right when it costs $60 to fill up a little RSX. I also had my very first $100/tank experience the other day when I filled up the SLK. Oh man it was crazy. :dunno: :nut:

b_t
08-01-2006, 04:13 PM
I've gotten a good feel for my gas gauge so I usually fill at 1/8 tank, but I only ever put in $20 or $30 since that lasts me a week and a half anyway. I thought about siphoning gas back when I was in high school and drove a carburerated V8, but never did.

-Temps

DoubleLP
08-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I have a habit now of filling up the car everytime it goes down to half a tank. Sure I make a few more trips to the gas station but I rather pay $25 every 2-3 days than $60 in one shot. I know it doesn't make a difference but it just doesn't seem right when it costs $60 to fill up a little RSX. I also had my very first $100/tank experience the other day when I filled up the SLK. Oh man it was crazy. :dunno: :nut:

Agreed!!!!!

jdm_eg6
08-01-2006, 04:24 PM
PS: You know gas is expensive when somone comes up to you in a parking lot at 1:00am and askes you if you want to buy regular gas for 64c per litre, because he has a company gas card and gets it for free.

me and my friends just said we run midgrade to premium.:thumbsup:

USING FUEL UNTIL UBER EMPTY=super bad

Using fuel until either fuel light comes on or its super empty will cause your fuel lines and filter to suck up deprise from the bottom of the fuel tank and run them through your filter, lines, injectors, and if they make it... through your cylinders...

just fill up at 1/4 or 2/3.

FiveFreshFish
08-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by jdm_eg6

USING FUEL UNTIL UBER EMPTY=super bad

Using fuel until either fuel light comes on or its super empty will cause your fuel lines and filter to suck up deprise from the bottom of the fuel tank and run them through your filter, lines, injectors, and if they make it... through your cylinders...

just fill up at 1/4 or 2/3.

Let's assume your theory is true where the fuel pump avoids most debris because you have >= 1/4 tank all of the time, then there will be a huge accumulation of debris in your tank because it never gets sucked out.

Isn't the fuel pickup at the bottom of the tank anyway? It will suck up debris in the gas regardless of the tank level. :dunno:

Fuel filter should catch the crap, and it should be replaced regularly anyway.

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-01-2006, 07:44 PM
haha i need to pay more attention... just drove by a gas station today and actually paid attention to it... didn't realise that regular was up to 119.9/L :thumbsdow

djayz
08-01-2006, 07:58 PM

Let's assume your theory is true where the fuel pump avoids most debris because you have >= 1/4 tank all of the time, then there will be a huge accumulation of debris in your tank because it never gets sucked out.

Isn't the fuel pickup at the bottom of the tank anyway? It will suck up debris in the gas regardless of the tank level. :dunno:

Fuel filter should catch the crap, and it should be replaced regularly anyway.

:werd: to that...most cars fuel lines run from the bottom of the tank as liquid sits at the bottom...if the line ran anywhere near the top youd have to keep your gas tank full just to drive around or no fuel would go through.

i wait till my light comes on and usually drive 50km before i fill up. The debree gets flushed out in the last 50km and i get a fresh new tank.

RickDaTuner
08-01-2006, 08:17 PM
the only thing I have to contribute to this thread is to say that emptying your tank regularly is a good thing, because it removes the excess moisture inside your tank, keeping things from rotting or corroding...

as for the Gas steeling? I guess when some one sees a nice car, they assume that person has the money to pay for the gas in it?

that sucks, but yeah, I would suggest a looking gas cap:thumbsup:

oh and as for the mitsu/mark comment, the Taxi Drivers in Panama know all about inacurate gauges ahah, I just came back from there, and there wasnt one taxi that wasnt driving with the gas light on, and once i even had the plesure of getting gas while been driven.. let me tell you, these guys know ho to get the most out of 3 litters of fuel... haha

chris
08-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
nothing beats the $110 tank experience when your company is paying for it. "I WOULD LIKE A RECEIPT!!!!"

msommers
08-01-2006, 10:05 PM

Mark

A lot of times this isn't recommended because gunk/misc. crap can be at the bottom of the gas tank and has a chance to get sucked up into the injectors. For the entire fuel system actually, have a 1/4 of tank at least is ideal, at least that is what I have always been told by car gurus.

Slashin_
08-01-2006, 10:26 PM
buy that fuel additve crap....add 34% effiency so u save money....more mpg:thumbsup:

DC2
08-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Thats retarded. Since Canadian Tire sells those handpump things for siphoning it must be a lot easier for those people now.

its REALLY HARD to use on newer cars. tried to empty out my car, the hose was too short.

GTS Jeff
12-24-2006, 03:38 AM
Bump! Someone linked me this thread of mitsugt3000 getting pwned. I'm sorry I missed this awesome thread! I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand Mr. Know-it-All-Expert-of-Everything-Who-Doesn't-Really-Know-What-He's-Talking-About-Most-of-the-Time.

EK 2.0
12-24-2006, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Bump! Someone linked me this thread of mitsugt3000 getting pwned. I'm sorry I missed this awesome thread! I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand Mr. Know-it-All-Expert-of-Everything-Who-Doesn't-Really-Know-What-He's-Talking-About-Most-of-the-Time.

hahaha...I think Jeff has been hitting the rum spiked eggnog tonight...

Whitetiger
12-24-2006, 03:56 AM
I usually fill up when it's 1/2

gpomp
12-24-2006, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Bump! Someone linked me this thread of mitsugt3000 getting pwned. I'm sorry I missed this awesome thread! I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand Mr. Know-it-All-Expert-of-Everything-Who-Doesn't-Really-Know-What-He's-Talking-About-Most-of-the-Time. this thread was a lot worse before. it seems it has been moderated quite a bit.

bighead2267
12-24-2006, 04:23 AM
i think we need to put no gas in the vehicle overnight sign on the car from now on...........

Wal-Mart should make the sign and put on sale

Lexxan
12-24-2006, 04:28 AM
When i was 16 and starving for gas I did it.. GUILTY as charged. At least I still got 80%+ and didn't stab people lol.

sdime
12-24-2006, 04:44 AM
haha buddy suck it up
did you want me to hand you 20$ to fill ur tank back
up u drive a civic calm down.
everyone gets shit like that done to them once in a while
but karma always hits back so dont sweat it

marko polo
12-24-2006, 05:12 AM
:whocares:

Supa Dexta
12-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

hahaha...I think Jeff has been hitting the rum spiked eggnog tonight...

I think his mother was, 20 odd yrs ago.. :rofl:

I kid..

I used to syphon gas all the time as a kid for my dirtbike, but only out my parents vehicles, lawn tractor, pressure washer.. etc.. haha.. 5-10bux was a lot to fill up as a kid!

kylemitz
12-24-2006, 10:26 AM
This thread is getting out of hand... sooo,

1.) Sorry to hear that your car had its gas syphoned out, but shit happens man, even to the best of us.

2.) Never run your tank below 1/4, its hard on your fuel pump, and it will cause some major trouble under the hood.

3.) The reason "Mark" signed his name, is because his real name isnt in login name. Its nice to refer to people as their real name, not some made up retarded name. Thanks Mark for making this board a more personal community than anything....

-I dont need to post my name cause its in my login, see how that works people?

Supa Dexta
12-24-2006, 10:31 AM
I'd like to know about this quater tank rule? If that were the case, manufacturers would make the empty light come on and show empty when there was still 1/4 left...

I dunno, I'm not a firm believer in that statement, but lots do...

Regards, Pepe Roni

kylemitz
12-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Call any good mechanic and they will tell you... Dont believe us man, but one of the best mechanics around told me that awhile ago, and its very believable...

EK 2.0
12-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by kylemitz
Call any good mechanic and they will tell you... Dont believe us man, but one of the best mechanics around told me that awhile ago, and its very believable...

:rolleyes: Ok "one of the best around"?? Isn't that VERY subjective??

oh yeah almost forgot my name...

EK 2.0...

rc2002
12-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by sdime
haha buddy suck it up
did you want me to hand you 20$ to fill ur tank back
up u drive a civic calm down.
everyone gets shit like that done to them once in a while
but karma always hits back so dont sweat it

What a nice guy. Yes I would like the $20, thanks.

Oh and BTW it actually wasn't my civic that it was siphoned from. Why does it matter what kind of car it was from? I'd be pissed off even if they siphoned it from my lawn mower.

Mo Squared
12-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Get a locking gas cap, I have one on my car, got it from a BMW mechanic, because my acutaly gas "flap" (sorry I don't know what it is called) doesn't lock. It acutally did not cost that much, 20 dollars, and it saved my gas......

-Mo Squared

Black Gts
12-24-2006, 12:30 PM
My advice on the locking gas cap.... DONT LOSE YOUR KEYS....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
However if you do just go to a full service gas station and ask if they have any experience with them, the guy I went too handed me a cotter pin:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
12-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Call any good mechanic and they will tell you... Dont believe us man, but one of the best mechanics around told me that awhile ago, and its very believable... Oh yeah, well my Level 87 Mechanic of the Worlds told me the opposite. Top that. And btw, thanks for making beyond so much more personal with your username in your login.

-Alberto Henderson

RickDaTuner
12-24-2006, 03:35 PM

2.) Never run your tank below 1/4, its hard on your fuel pump, and it will cause some major trouble under the hood.

:bullshit:

snif snif...

almost every modern day car has the fuel pump located at the top of the tank it's always pulling/pushing fuel, depending on the manufacturer, not forgetting to mention that its a pressurized system
The tank always has negative pressure, unless its extremely hot outside, in which case there is a pressure relief system to make sure that once the car gets going it creates vacuum in the tank again.
Any fuel which is not used by the engine is returned to the tank only to start the cycle again.
when you are running low and the fuel is swashing around the tank and "starves" the pick up fuel line; there is a mini reservoir in line with the pump so as not to disturb the flow of gas.

The only pump which is somewhat affected by this bullshit statement, are mechanical ones found on shitty cars like a Chevy Chevettes, with it being located near the crank shaft of the engine. This type of pump pulls fuel, but it is still always always located higher than the tank itself.

to sum it all up a fuel pumps strain is constant, there is no variation in load from standing at a stop sign to doing 240mph on the autobahn....

if its not using it, its returning it to the tank

Schwa
12-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Thank you. Jesus the misinformation in this thread is insane. ^^

codetrap
12-24-2006, 06:33 PM

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
Mark,

Perhaps a better path to take would be to advise people to keep a log book in their car, and put an entry in it every time they fill up. All you need to do is write down your trip meter, and how much fuel you put into it. It's real easy as long as you always fill up full.. a little more complex if you don't.

Me personally, I write down where I got the fuel, how much it cost/litre, my odo reading, my trip reading, and if I did anything special, like a fuel additive.

Then every so often I throw that info in a nice little spreadsheet, and can graph out my mileage... cheap way to tell if the car is performing well overall.

I also write down oil changes, maintenances, and any costs to the car.

Makes for a nice way to track everything, and it's always with the car that way. A nice little 3 ring notepad is all I use.

As to your original comment about filling up too much? It's really irrelevant to the OP's thread. Whether you stop to fill at 1/4 down or run it dry, you're still going to spend the same amount of money, and burn the same amount of fuel to go a given distance. It's completely a personal thing.. in winter, I never let it get below half if I can help it. Just because if I ever put it into the ditch, I want to know I have at least a few hours of idle and heat while I sit there

:D

That's actually a REALLY smart idea. But I would always forget... I mean after two years of driving, I just started to remember to reset the odometer =\

So have you noticed any trends... related to additives, gas stations, whether, and such? Mind posting a few screenshots?