PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Ridgeline

T78Supra1
08-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I am currently buying a 2007 Honda Ridgeline....
I am not a power crazed red neck or in need a large tow capacity. Just want something to drive around the city in and is able to carry my dog and some work supplies.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this truck

bspot
08-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Terrible. And not because its a honda.

A Tacoma quad cab would have been a much better choice for taking around the city.

Ca_Silvia13
08-01-2006, 02:53 PM
^^Ya but Tacomas are sooooooo expensive. I don't agree with the ridgeline either, there are many other fine trucks/small SUV's that would have done you fine (from the necessities that you listed). But i heard the Ridgeline is a pretty solid truck for the money. Plus it only important if you like it.

Moonracer
08-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Motor Trends 2006 Truck of the year. I'd pick one up in a heartbeat

Mitsu3000gt
08-01-2006, 03:13 PM
They've won every comparison I've read and got rave reviews. They have ingenious storage all over the place - I quite like them.

Kiprusoff drives one too haha, but I bet it was just given to him for some reason.

accord885
08-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Love the ridgeline, if your not going to be using the truck for typical truck applications this is a great one to get. Great ride and fuel mileage for a truck!

Enjoy!

kaput
08-01-2006, 03:31 PM

accord885
08-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Stop calling it a truck!

Oh grow up! Its a truck.

DoubleLP
08-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Stop calling it a truck!

Let me check here........................

hold on.............................

yup...........IT IS A TRUCK.

:thumbsup:

86max
08-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Do you call your Matrix a car, minvan, or an SUV?

fordo_11
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM
matrix is a car

Mikey_008
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm totally down with the Ridgeline!!!:thumbsup:

benyl
08-01-2006, 04:11 PM
hmm, a truck is usually body on frame in the traditional sense. A truck is also RWD.

The ridgeline is Unibody (hella stiff). The ridgeline is based on a FWD platform... (odyssey).

T78Supra1
08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the input....for people to say it is not a truck.....

It can tow, and carry just as much as a frontier....

and last time i checked... it looked like a truck.....

Is an STI a sport car or a Family Car? may be both

So the Ridgleline is a SUT i guess.

To each his own but to the general population it looks like a truck

and it won Truck of the year not SUV of the year so people at Motor Trend, JD Edwards and Consumer Reports think its a truck

DoubleLP
08-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 86max
Do you call your Matrix a car, minvan, or an SUV?

Shaggin' wagon. :bigpimp:

But seriously...it is a car. Toyota calls it a CUV.....Crossover Utility Vehicle.

4doorj
08-01-2006, 04:17 PM
i like them!
i like their storage things in the back!:thumbsup:

infected
08-01-2006, 04:21 PM
I love the Ridgeline!! Especially in white. It's solid. :thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
08-01-2006, 04:26 PM
I am personally not a fan of the Ridgeline. I would have went Tacoma Quad cab personally.

But, Good Luck with the purchase :thumbsup:

Xtrema
08-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Ridgeline is fugly but otherwise a very innovative truck.

Tacoma has very good resale value in the past and it's a realy truck.

I would own either.

three.eighteen.
08-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by benyl
hmm, a truck is usually body on frame in the traditional sense. A truck is also RWD.

The ridgeline is Unibody (hella stiff). The ridgeline is based on a FWD platform... (odyssey).

trucks have leaf springs in the back...ridgelines do not

20incheyes
08-01-2006, 07:37 PM
A truck can tow more then a 4 cylinder Jeep Liberty CRD also

Thaco
08-01-2006, 08:15 PM
It's a station wagon with a box.

barbarian
08-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
It's a station wagon with a box.
It's a supersize El Camino.

Sharpie
08-01-2006, 10:29 PM
What are they worth??...

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-02-2006, 12:19 AM
i love the ridgeline... if i needed a TRUCK i would buy one :thumbsup:

b_t
08-02-2006, 12:30 AM
the ridgeline...

- is a styling abortion, almost like honda unloaded all of their bad ideas into one vehicle so they could stop making cars that look so Japanese
- is not built like a truck
- can't be loaded like a truck
- doesn't take diesel like a good truck should
- should not have VTEC, its supposed to be a TRUCK
- can't tow like a truck - it should at least haul what a Tacoma can (8,100lbs with towing package)

its like somebody got angry at a honda van, chopped the back 2/5ths off, saw how disgusting the proportions were, somebody joked that it looked like a truck, so they jacked it up, put a totally mismatched set of rims and tires on it, and started selling it because they knew the automotive journalism industry has a massive hardon for the big H and it would get mad props no matter how undeserved they are

just get a Tacoma to match your Supra, they are a far better truck with an extensive history of kicking ass.

Police
08-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Did any of you retards read the first post?

This truck is not used for hauling 8000lbs, nor does he want something that usees 16L/100km. Something smooth to drive around but yet have a large enough box to carry stuff. FYI Leaf spring plus body on frame=shitty ride for those who haven't ever driven these kinds if trucks before. Don't be bashing if you only know of text material you get from the internet. Drive and compare them before you talk smack.

I would recomend this truck it does have a very smooth ride, comapre this to like a dakota. Dodge is absolute shit for ride quality.

Originally posted by b_t
the ridgeline...

- is a styling abortion, almost like honda unloaded all of their bad ideas into one vehicle so they could stop making cars that look so Japanese
- can't tow like a truck - it should at least haul what a Tacoma can (8,100lbs with towing package)

buddy you're dumb what does having vtec or not have to do with anything. Vtec actually improves gas milage and with gas prices booming vtec is a plus you retard. Yes its suppose to be a truck, its a Honda truck why else do you think it has vtec? :dunno:

b_t
08-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Police

buddy you're dumb what does having vtec or not have to do with anything. Vtec actually improves gas milage and with gas prices booming vtec is a plus you retard. Yes its suppose to be a truck, its a Honda truck why else do you think it has vtec? :dunno:

It is not a truck, its the new 5 door Civic hatch missing the hatch, so you're right, I guess it should have VTEC.. SOHC tho. K24 swap?

If you want something that rides smooth and still loads a lot of stuff, get a station wagon. Plus they look better.

78si
08-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by b_t
the ridgeline...

its like somebody got angry at a honda van, chopped the back 2/5ths off, saw how disgusting the proportions were, somebody joked that it looked like a truck, so they jacked it up, put a totally mismatched set of rims and tires on it, and started selling it because they knew the automotive journalism industry has a massive hardon for the big H and it would get mad props no matter how undeserved they are

just get a Tacoma to match your Supra, they are a far better truck with an extensive history of kicking ass.

btw: The TRD Tacoma tows 6500lbs not 8100lbs

"Fearless 4x4 handling and king-of-the-hill V6 Power team up to create the biggest, baddest, most complete Tacoma ever. Available with a 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic. Also available, the new TRD Off Road Towing Package to haul a class-leading 6,500 lbs. (2,948 kg) of heart-stopping excitement."

blitz
08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Notice how this thread's not in the "Truck & 4x4" section? And no ones suggested it be moved there? :rofl:

It's an urban truck. Drives like a car, some of the utility of a truck. Lets face it, it's competition are all midsized, which have lower towing and payload capacities and don't have diesel options. It's NOT ment to be a fullsized or traditional truck.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of them. A toyota truck gets you respect among most truck enthusiast, a honda "truck" would not.

Moonracer
08-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Hey b_t, thanks for the new sig! :angel:

T78Supra1
08-02-2006, 10:51 AM
thanks for all the input.....

I love the ridgeline based on its size gas mileage and smooth ride....the tacoma is alittle cramped in the back....doesn't come with seat warmers or Navigation,
So yes i guess its not a truck for some of you

However with this mentality neither is the tacoma if you talk to deisel drivers...

And as for b_t the last thing i will do is take advice from someone who owns a Talon.

b_t
08-02-2006, 01:39 PM
hey I'm only 20 and have no big inheritance on my side like jaymez_STi does, so a talon is about all I can get

its going to be hilarious when you bring your big pricey Supra to the racetrack only to get trounced by SRT-4s and DSMs like there is no tomorrow

QuasarCav
08-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by b_t
hey I'm only 20 and have no big inheritance on my side like jaymez_STi does, so a talon is about all I can get

its going to be hilarious when you bring your big pricey Supra to the racetrack only to get trounced by SRT-4s and DSMs like there is no tomorrow

Ohhhh, This is going to be un-pretty.

heavyD
08-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Ohhhh, This is going to be un-pretty.

What's so un-pretty about an SRT-4?:(

That's all I can really contribute to this thread since I despise the use of trucks & SUV's as commuter vehicles.

rc2002
08-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Dude, you just got banned not too long ago. lol. Careful on the personal topics. :rofl:

b_t
08-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Dude, you just got banned not too long ago. lol. Careful on the personal topics. :rofl:

if I get banned, I win, since all it means is that jaymez admits it, doesn't want everyone to know, and wants to go on pretending its still his money

its been about one year since BumpinTalon was forcefully retired

YamaLube
08-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Don't listen to all of them, by the sounds of it the ridgeline is just what you need.

Most of these people, if they bought a tacoma cause its such a bad azz truck, would use it for the same thing you will be using the ridgeline for. Just like most people who get 4x4 truck based SUV's never go offroad, most people who buy 4x4 RWD trucks never use them for any more then hauling furniture, or putting their golf clubs in.

I think what honda has done with the ridgeline fits exactly into what likely 75% of truck owners need, but won't buy (truck purchases have more to do with testosterone then practicality). Add to that more storage, more rear seat room, better mileage, FWD, tight turning radius etc etc etc. I think you get the perfect Urban truck.

I might be a little biased, I bought a pilot over a 4-runner / pathfinder etc for the exact same reasons.

I say enjoy!!!!!

Aleks
08-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by b_t

if I get banned, I win, since all it means is that jaymez admits it, doesn't want everyone to know, and wants to go on pretending its still his money

Yikes...

Anyways Ridgeline is bigger inside and will be more comfortable, but the damn Tacomas seem to go up in values when you drive them off the lot. It's insane. I looked at the used prices and they go down like a few hundred bux every year :banghead:

5hift
08-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by b_t

I've been a regular on Beyond for a while now, and I dont recall Jaymez ever saying its his money or his Dads. Besides I dont think anyone here thinks its his money, considering he's a young guy who has a nice Supra, and a WRX STI, and travels the world while going to MRC. That said, who cares? He seems like a nice guy, and is friendly to pretty much everyone on Beyond. It seems like jealousy is the issue here.

4doorj
08-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by b_t

ummmmm.... why would u even bring this into the conversation? he has nothing to do with it?
true or not ( i have no idea) you shouldnt even be announcing it :thumbsdow

T78Supra1
08-02-2006, 04:34 PM

First of all what does this have to do with the ridgeline....
Also if an SRT-4 Happens to beat me....then congrats......

It might be becuase your young but the SRT-4's that will apparently trounce on me are owned by car enthusiasts....not name brand humpers.

Its the engineering and what has been done to the car that makes a car great...
Either its a Supra pulling 600hp on the dyno
or a Yaris pulling 13's at the track.

Engineering is Engineering and deserves respect.....an SRT-4 doing 11's at the track has nothing to do with it be a neon...it about the driver knowing what parts and how to tune his car.....

As for Jaymez it none of your damn business.... his car is sweet.. i have a feeling if someone gave you a stock supra the only thing you would know what to do is put a couple of decals on it

Weapon_R
08-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Back on topic...

I'd look at comparable vehicles for light duty work. A base tacoma is around 30k, and a well equipped 4x4 F-150 is about 30k also before taxes.

I'd take a Tacoma or F-150 over the Ridgeline, simply because both of them are cheaper and are more purposeful than a ridgeline. I also have a feeling that the ridgeline won't be easy to resell, since only a small # of people would buy something like that.

b_t
08-02-2006, 04:44 PM
the only thing I would do if someone gave me a stock supra is get an Amuse turbo kit, wide 18" rims and some R compounds and go road racing since straight line Supras are overdone

don't say I don't know how to work on a car and don't know what I am doing ;)

and you are right, the jaymez stuff doesn't belong in here but he's said shit on another forum that bothers me and I was in a bad mood this morning and felt like lashing out given only the slightest reason

finboy
08-02-2006, 05:35 PM
ugly as hell but overall really usefull.

AcuraTl
08-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Honda, FTW!:burnout:

beung
08-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Well I have a 2001 quad cab taco, with a TRD supercharger in it and I am considering getting a Ridgeline. The new Taco quad cab aren't that much less then the Ridgeline so I don't think price is really a consideration.

I would say for city use the Ridgeline is a much better choice, if you were going to be hauling and off roading then the Taco for sure. But if I was going get a "work" truck I doubt I would be getting either one of them, $40K+ is too much to be taking it out off roading and hauling stuff that can scatch and ding up the truck.

bigboom
08-24-2006, 01:45 PM
id buy a ridgeline...it does what i want, hauls stuff like my mountain bike, golf clubs, furniture and gets me around. it also drive like a car and has a lot of storage, sure its not a all out truck but for what 90% of people use a truck for it suits that purpose.