PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Ugly Porsche.

XylathaneGTR
04-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Wow, I never thought i'd ever say Ugly and Porshce together...but here goes.
I was in crowfoot by Safeway and the HongKong BoC today at around 3 this afternoon, just chillaxing, waiting for a bus and such...And i turn around, and see the most ungodly bastardized porsche ever.

Im PRETTY Sure it was a 964, 962, or 993, but then again, i dont know my porsches too well, so i COULD be wrong, was a late 80s-mid 90's Bright Ass Red.
This thing was Horrible. It was pretty low, with black porsche wheels, not too bad, 15's. The body and everything seemed in good shape, then it all went downhill.
From the front, there was a BIG fucking bodykit, Looked like a snowplow x10...Reminded me of the Feels Civic, except worse. The side wasn't that bad, but the rear, omg...i almost died.

Brace yourselves guys...
It had This EXACT rear setup
http://www.motorpics.co.uk/oth-02.jpg
BLARGH...It had a regular porsche spoiler, those big ass long ones, but instead of having the centre peice, it was cut out, with a second APR type spoiler bolted in place. there was literally at least a foot and a half gap between body and spoiler. I just wanted to die.
The engine had a fucked up growl to it, but it didn't sound too healthy, and there was a dual exhaust on it.

Anyone seen it around? It would't be so bad except for the bodykit...that just ruined the car...blargh

Killumanti
04-16-2003, 08:28 PM
:barf: WTF!?!?!?

Thats a fuckin ugly ass spoiler, fuck I think that surpasses the height of the roof top of the porsche :barf:
thank god I didn't see it

XylathaneGTR
04-16-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Killumanti
:barf: WTF!?!?!?
Thats a fuckin ugly ass spoiler, fuck I think that surpasses the height of the roof top of the porsche :barf:
thank god I didn't see it

Sadly, it did surpass the roof, by maybe 3 or 4 inchs? . And i bet it caused a shitload more drag than downforce...

04blackMAX
04-16-2003, 08:39 PM
well not that i like it, but by the looks of that thing its used for racing hence the number 88, so i think the dood knows a lil more, about not only his car, but the functionality of his spoiler. iam sure its there for a reason, races arnt WON by looking cool!

hjr
04-16-2003, 09:48 PM
yikes. Sounds like a 930. That exact wing. wow, thats terrible. That should never be done to a car such as a porsche

XylathaneGTR
04-16-2003, 09:49 PM
I just doubt that it would do a lot for a race application. seems like it would cause some heavy drag.
Meh, maybe im wrong.
Also, if its a racing application, whats he doing driving it to the bank?
I never said races were won by looking cool :rofl:

Could be a 930, I dunno...like i said, i dont know porsches very well. There were some other people actually Laughing at the car...out loud, while he was inside.
Ouch.

04blackMAX
04-16-2003, 09:50 PM
yeah man if i saw that on the street, id be like wtf....its ass man, should only be used on the track..lol.if that

XylathaneGTR
04-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Yah, well, keep an eye out for it. Since its summer, i bet i'll be seeing it around a lot more.

04blackMAX
04-16-2003, 09:52 PM
why dont all u guys that post in street encounters carry digi cams with you, pictures would be way better

XylathaneGTR
04-16-2003, 09:55 PM
haha...
I would have, cept i dont have one...And i didn't expect to see it either...I was just waiting for a bus cause i was tired and wanted to go home...On my way back from Pho :O
Saw a real nice M5 outside of Pho too...mmmmm, bastards.
Maybe i should uhh, invest in one, and whenever i see something, whip it out and snap a shot.

jdmakkord
04-16-2003, 09:57 PM
I remember seeing that type of porshe with the same type of spoiler at speedville a few months back....

rage2
04-16-2003, 10:00 PM
That looks like a wing that's very popular with the club racers in the states. And yes it's useful at certain tracks where big downforce is needed.

A street car with that wing is overkill :D

XylathaneGTR
04-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Really?
Prolly was the same porsche JDMakkord. Dont think there's to many like that around here.

Rage: Hmmm, i dunno...I guess i'll take your word for it, but fuck, thats looking pretty useless... It looked like a street car, If he's taking his pure major downforce track car to the bank...then...Yah..

kaput
04-16-2003, 10:24 PM

ACS-e36
04-16-2003, 10:29 PM
eww thats digusting... i saw a blue one just last weet... NASTY kits and it had the weirdest thing... THREE exhaust tips on each side
:barf: :barf:

rage2
04-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Rage: Hmmm, i dunno...I guess i'll take your word for it, but fuck, thats looking pretty useless...
Far from useless :D. This design is very popular because it creates a lot of downforce with minimal drag. It is quite nasty looking though.

Fuji
04-16-2003, 11:50 PM
That guy is always near my house. That is an actual RUF kit so I was told. I believe them too because they are all hella loaded!

G
04-16-2003, 11:58 PM
I was in crowfoot by Safeway and the HongKong BoC today at around 3 this afternoon, just chillaxing, waiting for a bus and such...And i turn around, and see the most ungodly bastardized porsche ever.

Im PRETTY Sure it was a 964, 962, or 993, but then again, i dont know my porsches too well, so i COULD be wrong, was a late 80s-mid 90's Bright Ass Red.
This thing was Horrible. It was pretty low, with black porsche wheels, not too bad, 15's. The body and everything seemed in good shape, then it all went downhill.
From the front, there was a BIG fucking bodykit, Looked like a snowplow x10...Reminded me of the Feels Civic, except worse. The side wasn't that bad, but the rear, omg...i almost died.

Brace yourselves guys...
BLARGH...It had a regular porsche spoiler, those big ass long ones, but instead of having the centre peice, it was cut out, with a second APR type spoiler bolted in place. there was literally at least a foot and a half gap between body and spoiler. I just wanted to die.
The engine had a fucked up growl to it, but it didn't sound too healthy, and there was a dual exhaust on it.

Anyone seen it around? It would't be so bad except for the bodykit...that just ruined the car...blargh

I just saw the exact same wing on a red 911 at Crowfoot.

Initial-D-Nerd
04-17-2003, 06:54 PM
sick

air_mikey
04-17-2003, 07:22 PM
honestly, how can someone think that is nice?!?!?

to each his own i guess....

DSM Power
04-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by rage2

It is quite nasty looking though.
:werd: :barf:

XylathaneGTR
04-17-2003, 11:55 PM
A 993 Is a 911, and it was red, SO its prolly the same car G.

I checked at RUF, the 993 Models are a LOT different than this car was...So im not sure if its RUF, and its not a Techart either...
Could still be a RUF, but didn't see any pics of it, so im not sure...Than again, who knows. Just beacuse someone has money, doesn't mean you should believe everything they say.

Killumanti
04-18-2003, 09:23 AM

Sadly, it did surpass the roof, by maybe 3 or 4 inchs? . And i bet it caused a shitload more drag than downforce...

:thumbsdow thats sad, you don't need that one city roads, make sense if your racing or something else.

persid
04-18-2003, 11:44 AM
It wasn't one of these, was it?
http://p-car.com/hank/clubrace01/practice/8l.jpg
http://p-car.com/hank/clubrace01/practice/9l.jpg
If so, I'm not so sure you should be making fun of it :)

As an aside, those wings really do make a shitload of downforce. That's what they're famous for. Of course, this is pretty useless on a street car, but who says that this guy doesn't race (or plan to race) his car as well?

MistaBrent
04-18-2003, 04:05 PM

Brace yourselves guys...

I dont know what sounds worse that Porsche or the fact you use the word "Chillaxing" . not cool at all , sorry bud.

Dope Dealer
04-18-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by MistaBrent

I dont know what sounds worse that Porsche or the fact you use the word "Chillaxing" . not cool at all , sorry bud.

:rofl:

Kamen
04-18-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by persid
It wasn't one of these, was it?
http://p-car.com/hank/clubrace01/practice/8l.jpg
http://p-car.com/hank/clubrace01/practice/9l.jpg
If so, I'm not so sure you should be making fun of it :)

As an aside, those wings really do make a shitload of downforce. That's what they're famous for. Of course, this is pretty useless on a street car, but who says that this guy doesn't race (or plan to race) his car as well?

He did say exact setup as in the one in the pic he posted, so it shouldn't be one of those.
True, those wings do make a difference.

XylathaneGTR
04-18-2003, 11:58 PM
No, persid...It wasn't that. The spoiler was EXACTLY like the one i posted...A regular Whale Tail, with the center section removed, and a snowplow like bodykit.

I was talking with my friends brother on thursday, he was giving me a ride in his sexy car...And we were talking about the porsche, He said he liked it ONLY because the wing was functional, as compared to all the civics and 1.7El's around with 6inch APR's....So...
Yah, on a street car, Overkill...If the guy races it, and i hope he does with that setup...Then ok...Not bad i guess.
I guess it would be a nice car, but i was just, suprised at that, seeing something that drastic driving around at like, 45kmh on the street.
Blah.

As for Chillaxin'...You think im serious? Why would i chillax at a bus stop for 3 or 4 hours on a wednesday afternoon...That'd be pretty pathetic wouldn't it. hah

szw
04-19-2003, 12:05 AM
I am sure this guy would sleep better at night, if only he had your approval of his car.

XylathaneGTR
04-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by szw
I am sure this guy would sleep better at night, if only he had your approval of his car.
I bet he would.

missblondie
04-20-2003, 01:02 PM
hahahaha.. that thing is so gross!