PDA

View Full Version : New car suggestions

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Alright... my buddy and I have done quite a bit of research into new cars... He is buying a new car, and can't quite decide what he wants.... We have nailed it down to 06 Civic DX (Coupe), or a Mazda 3... But we're slightly biased... Or at least I am, so I was wondering, if anybody had any other suggestions out there for a decent new car under/around 25k (And we ruled out domestics and lancers).

Thanks a lot for your input guys.
(Yes, I do realize there are a lot of these threads, but we've been researching for 2 months, and are both sort of biased... just looking for basic suggestions to look into)

EDIT: I should probably mention, he's looking for a decent sporty car (not a sports car) he can drive all year long, preferable 2 door...

stevieo
08-03-2006, 11:55 PM
25k w/ finance and tax?

if you are goign with civic.. at least get dx-g, comes with ac at least.
with lx you'd get alloy wheels and to the ex you get 4 wheel disc brakes, sunroof.

anyways.. if you are gonna get a honda, try High River honda. Beat out out EVERY honda dealership in calgary by a approx 30 dollars a month on my new car. (may not sound like a lot but over 36 months thats 1080)

really nice and respectable people. I wasn't too impressed with T and T.

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-03-2006, 11:59 PM
I heard high river was the best, and I meant DX-G... i think... it was the one that was just below the Si (EX?)

but any other suggestions? or is the civic a fairly good pick?

FiveFreshFish
08-04-2006, 12:03 AM
How about a Mini Cooper? Base model is $23,500.

infected
08-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Is it even possible to walk out the door with the keys to a new Cooper for $23,500? I always thought they were at least $40,000 MINIMUM :confused:

FiveFreshFish
08-04-2006, 12:35 AM
The $23,500 doesn't include options, GST, freight/PDI so probably high 20s out the door. Little bit over the $25k budget but not an unreasonable stretch.

Cooper S starts at $34,100 plus all the extras.

spyce
08-04-2006, 09:02 AM
I would definitely get the Mazda 3. There are a lot out now but its a really good bang for your buck. You get a lot of things in the car, and it also looks better imo. My brother has one. It has a fair amount of pep too!

88CRX
08-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Waaaaaay too many Mazda 3's on the road... i would never own one, however this is just my opinion. Lots of people love the Mazda 3.

spyce
08-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Waaaaaay too many Mazda 3's on the road... i would never own one, however this is just my opinion. Lots of people love the Mazda 3.

I guess so. Im the say way I guess. I would prefer to have a car that not too many people have.
But with that said it all depends on what the guy wants. Im sure the new civics will be everywhere in another year too

accord885
08-04-2006, 09:30 AM
And there isnt too many Civic's haha... Both are really good picks im sure your buddy will be happy with either. Test drive them both back to back. park them next to each other and you'll know which one ya want.

Ca_Silvia13
08-04-2006, 10:28 AM
How about the new Rabbit, the styling is fuckin sweet and it sporty. 150hp and 170tq @1800rpm :eek: And i believe they start at 20k

And its not a chick car, the Mazda 3 is more vag'd out then the new Rabbits.

HRD2PLZ
08-04-2006, 11:02 AM
I would personally go with a Mazda 3 over the Civic. I know quite a few people with the Mazda 3's and they all really like them. IMO, I am just not a fan of the new Civic's styling.

Crymson
08-04-2006, 11:06 AM
What are the new mazda speed 3's going to be priced at? probably high 20's, low 30's?

250hp turbo, pretty rad though.

spyce
08-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
What are the new mazda speed 3's going to be priced at? probably high 20's, low 30's?

250hp turbo, pretty rad though.

I think they are suppose to be priced close to the Honda Civic Si. Most likely high 20's is where the price will be at. Its only suppose to come in the wagon though.

Tommy_Tequila
08-04-2006, 11:40 AM
What about a base model Impreza? It may go slightly over the 25k mark but not too much over. You mentioned driving it all year round. The Subie has that covered. It's 'sporty' but not a sports car and has more HP than the Civic, Mazda or Rabbit (although increased weight). I've owned mine for a few months and love it. I've owned a Civic and a Mazda and this blows then both out of the water IMO. Not bashing on any of the other cars. They all have their good and bad points.

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-05-2006, 02:16 AM
All good suggestions, but the subie is a lil out of the water (this is his first own car... so something easier to handle... and yes... he's a lil older than 16, lol)

He likes the new civic styling... and unless I can open him up to more suggestions (i'll tell him about the rabbit/subie, etc) he's going to be getting an 06 Civic Coupe or 06 Mazda 3 Coupe within the next 2 weeks... thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming

stevieo
08-05-2006, 02:54 AM
i don't think theres a mazda 3 coupe, theres sedan and sport wagon only iirc

Supa Dexta
08-05-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm waiting to see how the 3's trannys hold up for another yr or 2..

max_boost
08-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Ahh I'm in the exact same boat here. I promised my younger brother I would give him my RSX-S but by the time I hand it over (in 6 months) it'll have close to 90k kms. He's such a cheapass with maintenance that I almost rather get him a new car so he doesn't bitch about things later on.

Anyway, Mazda 3 FTW dude. Loaded up GT is $26,500 out the door. And it has freaking every option you need. Leather, Sunroof, Powered everything, 17inch wheels etc. Bring in carcostcanada and they'll probably take $25k. Financing is 4.4% over 72 months and interest is even lower if you go with a shorter term.

Tommy_Tequila
08-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
All good suggestions, but the subie is a lil out of the water (this is his first own car... so something easier to handle... and yes... he's a lil older than 16, lol)

He likes the new civic styling... and unless I can open him up to more suggestions (i'll tell him about the rabbit/subie, etc) he's going to be getting an 06 Civic Coupe or 06 Mazda 3 Coupe within the next 2 weeks... thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming

I'm not sure what you mean by 'a lil out of the water' and 'something easier to handle' but other than the Subie, Mazda would be my next choice. :thumbsup:

As mentioned, test driving is the best option. Cars are very personal and once a car feels 'right' to someone, it's hard to persuade them to look at anything else.

Skyline_Addict
08-05-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm thinking of getting a car around this price range as well. What do you guys think of the CSX? Worth the money, or really just another rebadged civic?

max_boost
08-06-2006, 04:12 AM
At the $30k price point which is how much a new CSX is out the door, you have so many choices on the used car market. If you have to get new, I still think the Mazda 3 is the best bang for the buck. Find me another car that is so well equipped for its price :D

Skyline_Addict
08-07-2006, 11:47 AM
^^ true. what used cars would you recommend at that price range, since the ones mentioned have been brand new? no older than around 3 years old?

Sprinter
08-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Style = Honda

Overall = Mazda 3

unless you get an SI.... mmmmmm Vtech

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-07-2006, 12:41 PM
VTEC DAMNIT >.<

But Si is a little out of the range... and they already started the waiting list for the 07 Si

stevieo
08-07-2006, 01:23 PM
I was going to get an Si, I called in to the dealerships in June, wait time was late september, too long for me so I bought something else.

Dren
08-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13
How about the new Rabbit, the styling is fuckin sweet and it sporty. 150hp and 170tq @1800rpm :eek: And i believe they start at 20k

And its not a chick car, the Mazda 3 is more vag'd out then the new Rabbits.

TRueee the new Rabbit is nice styling !!