PDA

View Full Version : Injectors Not Firing

Crazyjoker77
08-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Okay i,ve had this posted up on dsmtuners for quite some time now and no one can seem to throw any suggestions that arent completly stupid. anyway i guess ill start with my car and mods

1998 eclipse GST
50trim turbo internal gate
3" turbo back
MBC
SAFC II
650cc injecor
GM Maf-T & 3" gm Maf
3" boost tubes and Super side mount
fidanza flywheel
exedy clutch
blitz BOV

that pretty much covers all the major stuff anyway onto my problem.

I was coming back from a car show because it was raining and my car shut off just before i got to my house. It died like if i just turned the key off no extra noise or anything.

anyway heres what iv done so far
-boost leak test
-pulled off UPPER timing cover CAM sprocket marks are perfectly aligned and timing belt in good condition
-pulled fuel return line, fuel pressure while cranking the car
-tested the CAS
-tested the MFI RELAY and FUEL pump RELAY

now heres where it gets wierd i borred my friends multimeter and tested for INJECTOR pulse width and found they are not firing (pulled them to double check) both fuel relays are good. so now im thinking it might be the ECU but i need your guys suggestions because i pulled the ECU and it looks fine so im trying to find somebody with one i can swap out to see if that is it but im starting to think it might be something else fuel related.

so please give me some suggestions as i want my car running again

thesmackdown
08-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Dont dsms use resistors, just a maybe to the problem. Is there electrical current going to each injector. The possibility is they could be stuck closed. ECU's rarely ever go bad and when they you can usually see physical damage on the mother board.

Will your car start and idle or drive at any amount of throttle. My car when the walboro died would start/idle and rev to around 2,000 rpm at which point it would be horrible. It would hold fuel up until that range and then the walboro would crap out. AKA I dont trust walboro's worth anything anymore. The walboro was showing 40psi of pressure at idle but would drop off like shit as soon as enough load was put on the engine. It is just a though. But if the car is not starting at all then owch!

Crazyjoker77
08-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by thesmackdown
Dont dsms use resistors, just a maybe to the problem. Is there electrical current going to each injector. The possibility is they could be stuck closed. ECU's rarely ever go bad and when they you can usually see physical damage on the mother board.

Will your car start and idle or drive at any amount of throttle. My car when the walboro died would start/idle and rev to around 2,000 rpm at which point it would be horrible. It would hold fuel up until that range and then the walboro would crap out. AKA I dont trust walboro's worth anything anymore. The walboro was showing 40psi of pressure at idle but would drop off like shit as soon as enough load was put on the engine. It is just a though. But if the car is not starting at all then owch!

okay I know for sure that DSM use low impedance injectors but i cant seem to find the location of the resistor module for the 2gs (found lots for the 1gs) but even when i do find it i am not sure how to test it( my haynes manual doesnt even touch it on either cars)

and for how the car is acting imagine pulling all 4 injectors and trying to crank the car that is pretty much what it is like. ALL the injectors are not firing at all and im pretty sure my fuel pump is not a issue as there is lots of pressure while im cranking it but of course it wont fire up.
at first i thought it was the ecu but i pulled it and inspected it and looks to be in tip top shape. also all the other functions still work on it

so really i just need to find out why my brand new injectors (tested the resistance of them all-within specs) are not firing.

RickDaTuner
08-06-2006, 05:06 PM
well to me it sounds like you fried the ECU, you can PM EK_2.0 to get a better Idea of what may be happening, but well since you are not running after market Fuel management, or resistors for your larger injectors, the finger just gets pointed to a burnt out ECU, another thing that may be the cause of your problems could be a corroded or loose wire harness:dunno:

thesmackdown
08-07-2006, 10:28 AM
yeah that is true depending on the impedence of the injectors and what your car is set up for you could have fried the ecu. I have only seen it happen once, but when it did happen you couldn't do anything to the car, it wouldn't even get power to the dash or anything.

Just becuase you are getting pressure when cranking doesn't mean the fuel pump is fine either. You can get 40psi of pressure when cranking but the second you put actual load on the engine it could drop to 5psi lol.

Crazyjoker77
08-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by thesmackdown
yeah that is true depending on the impedence of the injectors and what your car is set up for you could have fried the ecu. I have only seen it happen once, but when it did happen you couldn't do anything to the car, it wouldn't even get power to the dash or anything.

Just becuase you are getting pressure when cranking doesn't mean the fuel pump is fine either. You can get 40psi of pressure when cranking but the second you put actual load on the engine it could drop to 5psi lol.

Okay i know for a fact these injectors are the same impedance as my old stock ones 2.9 ohms (compared them with a multimeter) as well they are bigger stock replacements from a reputable company so im not to worried about that. also i talked to a couple shops that do rebuilds on these ECU's and it actually doesnt sound like my ecu is fcuked as it is doing exactly what they said it should. So now i have to look at the wiring harness or the resistors for the injectors.