PDA

View Full Version : Out of province...

New2Talon
08-06-2006, 02:27 AM
Heres whats up:
I am looking to get a turbo'd car from outside alberta, actually outside of Canada. I need to pass a OOP inspection before I can pass the federal inspection (anyone whos imported will know what I'm talking about) and register it. The car has a ceramic coated DP, full 3" stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust, a SS resonator, and 2 SS mufflers. Now, while I do not have a problem being legal and insalling catalytic converters to pass the OOP, I was wondering if there was a way around this, because I do not want to jepordize the integrity of the exhaust (most places are MIG weld, not TIG, meant for SS, and welds will start to rust). And since I am probably going to replace the cat with the piping that was there prior to the OOP, I would like to try and keep the piping whole, without cut/weld spots of where the cat had been installed/removed, as I have talked to some places that do the inspections, and they do not care if you take the cat out right after the inspection, as long as it initially passed...

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a shop where I can get an OOP of this nature done at. I am even willing to buy the cat, just dont want to install it (can I say I am going to be doing it later?)

Can someone also please tell me what else is generally included in an OOP

Shoot me a PM
Thanks a bunch!

95EagleAWD
08-06-2006, 06:55 PM
You shouldn't need a cat for OOP; I don't have any in mine and I passed.