PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Mechanic

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Alright, so my dad has a 96 (I believe) Dodge Caravan... It's got a few clicks on it, and he just had the brakes done because one was grinding... right before that he had all of them done for around 1k...
So I think it was just a rock in this one brake, as that was the only one grinding and he just had the brakes done (as mentioned earlier)

So he took it in to a mechanic, and they redid all the brakes all around... and charged him another 1k... said they had to do labour to remove mud and such... I immediatly called :bullshit: and told him i'd find him a new mechanic... so i'm looking for an actual licensed mechanic for dodge's (Caravans) that does work in a shop... not that expensive, and definitely not Canadian tire.

Any suggestions...?

PS: I DID do a search already... Thanks guys

djayz
08-06-2006, 04:49 PM
your dad spent 2grand on a brake job?

you sure as hell need to find a new mechanic maybe buy a jack and do it yourself brakes are very simple especially if its just replacing pads.

BigBearWest
08-06-2006, 06:03 PM
PM me for info...

***MOD EDIT***

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by djayz
your dad spent 2grand on a brake job?

you sure as hell need to find a new mechanic maybe buy a jack and do it yourself brakes are very simple especially if its just replacing pads.

see the problem is... neither of us have the time to do it... i work 6 days a week and when i'm not working i'm running errands and he works 2 jobs on top of a social life... so i still say he got ripped off, but we cant exactly do it ourselves

stevieo
08-06-2006, 07:03 PM
sorry im not contributing, but my sister has a caravan, its the biggest piece of junk ever. I feel bad for her haha.

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-06-2006, 07:17 PM
they are pieces... he was gonne sell it once the brakes were done... then he's like if i just spent 1k on the brakes i wanna get a lil bit of that back, since they sell for like 4k... then the brakes needed to be done again... lol

djayz
08-06-2006, 08:27 PM
well i see not having the time but wherever your dad went 1grand for a brake job is insane

even if you had to get your calipers and drums replaced along with the rotors it would only come close to 1grand but that includes calipers which are quite pricey.

if its just pads and labour your dad spent like 900 dollars on labour alone. :eek:

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-06-2006, 08:29 PM
no, its was calipers as well.. but i dont see why they had to replace all of them?

djayz
08-06-2006, 08:32 PM
well whatever it was seems a bit expensive for a brake job on a dodge caravan

anyways you could take the van to contemporary or something im sure they would do the work regardless of make and model.
usually a dodge mechanic will charge more than a place that deals with other makes...just like how honda dealers charge more than a honda certified mechanic that works at a dodge dealership