PDA

View Full Version : Oil goes black quickly

bigbadboss101
08-07-2006, 11:47 AM
I have a 91 Civic. It has 190xxx miles. It consumes oil, and I noticed the oil goes black quickly. Since it's old, I dont plan to spend much $ on it. Any idea how much to replace seals? I dont see oil dripping, nor do i see much coming out of the pipe, but it does go somewhere.

What cost oil to go black so fast?

Thanks

barbarian
08-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Your oil is going black because of blow-by. Check that the crankcase is getting vented properly (PCV working), and you might try to run Maxlife oil in there.

nusneak
08-07-2006, 02:10 PM
pick up some seafoam and run it through your engine (brake booster line) and put some in your crankcase with the oil, should clean up most of the deposits and let your oil stay black for a bit longer.(the car will likely smoke like all sin when you put the seafoam in for 5-10 minutes till it all burns off)

footballer
08-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by nusneak
pick up some seafoam and run it through your engine (brake booster line) and put some in your crankcase with the oil, should clean up most of the deposits and let your oil stay black for a bit longer.(the car will likely smoke like all sin when you put the seafoam in for 5-10 minutes till it all burns off)

the easiest solution there is my man can pick it up in most automotive places, minus canadian tire i think, autovalue, autparts. Rmr to change your oil right after you put seamfoam in and might want want to change/check your spark plugs.

carter_prelude
08-07-2006, 02:16 PM
^^^^ YES. YES IT DOES! lol...i filled the street with smoke when i did it haha...i never knew it was supposed to do that at first, kinda scared me, it does wonders, maybe try Lucas, that oil additive...:dunno:

nusneak
08-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by carter_prelude
^^^^ YES. YES IT DOES! lol...i filled the street with smoke when i did it haha...i never knew it was supposed to do that at first, kinda scared me, it does wonders, maybe try Lucas, that oil additive...:dunno: lucas oil additives are not worth 1 pennie or a kick in the face on a rainy day with a golf shoe.

If you do a bit of reasearch online you will see a video showing that lucas makes all oil get all foamy and run off the gears, actually the opposite of what it is supposed to do. furthermore that does not have anything to do with the oil burning, I'm guessing its either in the head or the engine is worn for whatever reason.

nusneak
08-07-2006, 02:26 PM
I got a crapped up 91 civic with some si stuff (engine/interior) with a good engine if you want to buy it ;)

bigbadboss101
08-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys.

I have a 98 Outback tpo so I wont spend too much $ on the Civic.

Will do the engine clean up, and maintain it. It runs strong so I wouldn't have guessed until I check the oil. Very little rust on the car, nice interior. For a car with 190xxx miles it's in very nice shape. I take better of it than I did with my 00 Integra Type R, 97 Prelude.

arian_ma
08-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Hahaha Alan I thought you wanted a luxury sedan :D

SILVIA KING,S
08-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Your oil is getting worked to much so thing is not right it is going to die.