PDA

View Full Version : Stupid canadian tires!!!(country hill)

NismoRacer
08-07-2006, 05:12 PM
ok .....so here is the story, i found that my tire is getting flat so i took it off and i found there is a nail stuck in it. so i keep calling all the tire place try to get it repaired. and i found out nothing is open, therefore i have no choice but to go to Canadian tires. So i drop my tire off. after like 2 hours they call and said is done. When i pick it up there is like a huge scratch on the rims, so i talked to those people, and they are going to book an appointment at one of those rims repair place and have my rim repair. I was already pissed. then i put the tire back on and while i was driving on deerfoot i found that my steering is vibrating and i knew that the tire is not balance. so i had to go back to Canadian tire again!!!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead:

I knew that Canadian is the worst place to go but i needed to have my tire repair. who could think of something like this can happen for just a stupid task!!! those people are useless

AcuraTl
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by NismoRacer
ok .....so here is the story, i found that my tire is getting flat so i took it off and i found there is a nail stuck in it. so i keep calling all the tire place try to get it repaired. and i found out nothing is open, therefore i have no choice but to go to Canadian tires. So i drop my tire off. after like 2 hours they call and said is done. When i pick it up there is like a huge scratch on the rims, so i talked to those people, and they are going to book an appointment at one of those rims repair place and have my rim repair. I was already pissed. then i put the tire back on and while i was driving on deerfoot i found that my steering is vibrating and i knew that the tire is not balance. so i had to go back to Canadian tire again!!!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead:

I knew that Canadian is the worst place to go but i needed to have my tire repair. who could think of something like this can happen for just a stupid task!!! those people are useless

you get what you pay for buddy..

Sharpie
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
You can't bitch when you already knew Canadian Tire was shitty..

GQBalla
08-07-2006, 05:15 PM
well are they goin to pay for repairs and everything to your rim?

Thaco
08-07-2006, 05:25 PM
i know canadian tire is cheap, but you should still get the service you're payign for, reguardless of the amount you're paying... they fucked up his rim, they should fix it.

riceeater
08-07-2006, 05:27 PM
they scratched my rims and they stole my silver stem caps... the scratches were minor so i just said fuck it since the rims arent anything special, but it really pissed me off that they would steal my stem caps... never going there again... have been going to the tirecraft at crowfoot since then and have nothing but good stuff to say about them!!

Chris88CL
08-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah I bought their icetrak canadian tire special winter tires last year.

Got a flat that wasnt repairable so I went back to grab one more tire since they were brand new. The girl looked for seriously half an hour. Then finally came back in and said they were out.

I asked if they could check the other stores, and they did and found one at McKenzie. I asked if they could have one brought up to the country hills store and they wouldnt do it. Nor would they order more. He basically told me to fuck off and it wasnt his problem.

Terrible service at the country hills canadian tire. I'll never go there again.

SilverBoost
08-07-2006, 05:48 PM
I would have rode on a dummy until I could get somewhere I trust. Crappy Tire not being that place.

tabouli
08-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
You can't bitch when you already knew Canadian Tire was shitty..

No way. How can you say that?
The monkey's at Canadian Tire need to smarten up. ESPECIALLY at Mckenzie (130th) and Country Hills.

I get customers who come in with unreal problems from these shops. Stripped threads, broken caps, wrong direction, improper pressures, and never a well balanced wheel. The kids who work there are doing dangerous work.
Forget cosmetic things, like scratched wheels. I've seen some shit that could have killed people. We're fixing Crappy Tire mistakes everyday at CMS.
It makes me mad that they get away with such low quality work.

To say "well it's Crappy Tire, what do you expect" is bullshit. Wheels and tires is a serious business. People's lives are at risk when bad work is being done.

If you can't run a rim and tire shop safely, then close the damn garage. Don't pack a group of senseless retards in to do a man's job.
:closed:

ashee
08-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Dude they do suck at Canadian Tire.
Most of the mechanics there are under apprenticeship so they aren't fully certified to begin with. My mom took her car there once while I worked there for a minor tune up and after it was idling high and running like shit so we took it back and they said they knew what they did wrong and fixed it for free. When we got it back it was the same crap happening but worse, not to mention they lost my moms keys so I had to go all the way home to get my extra key for her car and come back so she could bring her car home. The next day they found the keys in some mechanics tool box :rolleyes:

MrPid
08-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by ashee
Most of the mechanics there are under apprenticeship so they aren't fully certified to begin with. My mom took her car there once while I worked there for a minor tune up and after it was idling high and running like shit so we took it back and they said they knew what they did wrong and fixed it for free. When we got it back it was the same crap happening but worse, not to mention they lost my moms keys so I had to go all the way home to get my extra key for her car and come back so she could bring her car home. The next day they found the keys in some mechanics tool box :rolleyes:

CT's are a mixed bag as they are independently owned. Many CT's hire as few certified mechanics as possible for certification purposes (one if possible). There are not many apprenticeships going on as you'd think. The bulk are "technicians" who undergo their own inhouse training to be certified in certain areas such as tire repair or oil changing. There is the odd one that is okay though - luck of the draw.

You are always better off establishing a relationship with a smaller mechanic that does honest work but expects to be paid for it properly than relying on one of these chains. Word of mouth can go a long way...

tabouli
08-07-2006, 07:15 PM

I wasnt denying that in my post.... I agree 100%.

I hate how its become acceptable for them to do damaging and unsafe work. The workers dont give a shit about anything that goes on in the shop, and if you call management to speak with them, you get the same attitude. Canadian Tire needs to clean up their act.

Thaco
08-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Point is, you're paying for a service, you expect to receive that service, and you expect thier "technicians" to know what they're doing, reguardless of the price.

ashee
08-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by tabouli

I wasnt denying that in my post.... I agree 100%.

I hate how its become acceptable for them to do damaging and unsafe work. The workers dont give a shit about anything that goes on in the shop, and if you call management to speak with them, you get the same attitude. Canadian Tire needs to clean up their act.

Sorry I meant to be agreeing perhaps my tone was wrong.
The managers are crap there too, part of the reason I quit working there. The company is cheap.

Sharpie
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by tabouli

No way. How can you say that?
The monkey's at Canadian Tire need to smarten up. ESPECIALLY at Mckenzie (130th) and Country Hills.

I get customers who come in with unreal problems from these shops. Stripped threads, broken caps, wrong direction, improper pressures, and never a well balanced wheel. The kids who work there are doing dangerous work.
Forget cosmetic things, like scratched wheels. I've seen some shit that could have killed people. We're fixing Crappy Tire mistakes everyday at CMS.
It makes me mad that they get away with such low quality work.

To say "well it's Crappy Tire, what do you expect" is bullshit. Wheels and tires is a serious business. People's lives are at risk when bad work is being done.

If you can't run a rim and tire shop safely, then close the damn garage. Don't pack a group of senseless retards in to do a man's job.
:closed:
I totally agree with you with Canadian Tire being shitty and all its just that:

Originally posted by NismoRacer

scat19
08-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Most of the mechanics there are under apprenticeship so they aren't fully certified to begin with.

As is most every other place you go, including amos (aircraft maintenance)

blitz
08-07-2006, 07:52 PM
One of the "techs" there refused to put 31x10.5 R15 tires on my truck because:

CT Tech: "there's no way these tires will fit"

Me: "But they're within half a percent of the stock size."

CT Tech: "There 31" wide!!! They'll stick way out!"

Me: "No, they're 31" in diameter and 10.5" wide...have you even looked at the tires?"

CT Tech: "Yes....they're like dune buggy tires! I won't install them!"

:rofl:

snow_daniel
08-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by blitz

CT Tech: "!!! There 31" wide They'll stick way out!"

Me: "No, they're 31" in diameter and 10.5" wide...have you even looked at the tires?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
oMG,ofcause it will stick way out.... thats funny
+1 CT suck

alloroc
08-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by blitz

CT Tech: "There 31" wide!!! They'll stick way out!"

Thats funny. I don't buy anything from Canadian tire anymore because of a similar experience.

I walked into the Shawnessy CT a few years ago looking for a timing light. They had 3 different models under the glass so I went up to the desk. The conversation that followed went like this.

Parts guy: Can I help you.
Me: Yes I would like to buy a timing light I need you to unlock the case.
Parts guy: (click click click on computer ...) "What model is your car."

I just shook my head and left, bought one from somewhere else and never returned.

4DoorGTZ
08-08-2006, 12:30 AM
I recently was at a CT for a federal inspection, importing from the states. That was no problem, but man.... for the out of province inspection (I figured its already there let them do it) did they rape me on everything they could to "make it pass"

-Rusty exhaust (this is the quietest car I've owned) Gotta replace it from the cat back
-Grooved rotors (probably still were within spec on thickness)
-"bent" control arm, they made it out to sound like someone took a hammer to it, turns out someone probably lifted it with a jack there, slightly bent outter edge, still straight.
-Unevenly worn tires, I'll admit it needed an alignment, but the tires are still good, nope had to put winters on to pass.
-DRL's omg their package looks like a hommade unit, wires everywhere, incorect lengths (too danm short) how hard is it to add 3" of wire and HIDE IT?

/end vent.

ga16i
08-08-2006, 01:05 AM
:werd: bought some tires for the rear of my car from them a few months back and when I went to take my tires off to do some cleaning, I couldn't get the lug nuts off w/ a friggin' snap-on gun, ended up using a big ass breaker bar and pretty much jumping on it. Retards must have impacted those things on there good. Luckily it didn't strip everything to hell. 3 weeks ago when I noticed a huge bulge on the inside of the side wall of my front tires I drove around for weeks with the buldge waiting for a free Saturday to get tires from any place that's not CT. I seriously did rather risk tire failure than have CT touch my car.

Payner
08-08-2006, 02:46 AM
tell me about it they are so incompitant that they couldn't even process myself buying a cordless drill for the calgary stampede and exibition and I'm wearing my uniform

NismoRacer
08-08-2006, 04:09 PM
yes they are going to pay for the repair.

The Cosworth
08-08-2006, 04:19 PM
the CT in country hills does blow hard chunks

AE92_TreunoSC
08-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by riceeater
they scratched my rims and they stole my silver stem caps... the scratches were minor so i just said fuck it since the rims arent anything special, but it really pissed me off that they would steal my stem caps... never going there again... have been going to the tirecraft at crowfoot since then and have nothing but good stuff to say about them!!

I worked there :D

We used to get 4 tires, balanced and installed done in 20 minutes, I learned a lot there, good guys.

civiclvr
08-08-2006, 04:44 PM
lol since we're trading crappy tire stories:
had a dohc zc before, on a long weekend the timing belt snapped.. i had just moved here and didn't had the tools (or real knowledge) at the time to change it. So i told them what belt to put on my "specialty" engine.
Instead they put on the wrong belt (prelude belt i found out later), it slipped and the ZC was an interference engine. there went some valves.
went back, raised a fuss and was told that it's not there fault, that i told them to put a prelude belt on... not like the integra belt i asked them to put on.
so i lost out on an engine with no reimbursement. I try to NEVER go there... unless i need glue... (which is apparently how they repair stuff)
this was the mcleod trail south store

energieboi
08-09-2006, 05:14 PM
i ve had no problems with them

ninspeed
08-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Every shop will have its horror stories, and based on the volume, yeah there are alot of scarry stores, and crappy shit that that come out of there (more so than most indep. shops).

I have replace a whole front end of a 02 deville becuase the parts guy gave a baljoint for an older style deville, the taper is larger, and the tech impacted the joint on to the spindel and caused the spindel casting to crack.. it lasted about 15km before it snaped off, and cuased a 3 car pile up.. I have also see our mechanic side replace engines, tranys, and rear ends for candain tire, (no oil usual reason).

There are no foremans in the ct shops here any more, and the staffing turnover there is horid. its actually the biggest reason that AMA/CAA will not put their name on the work done there.

My biggest pet peve, is when i send a vehicle there for a out of country.. they try and bull shit me everytime i go in there and dont mention that i work for a GM dealer. (05 grand am, 12000mi on it, guy said it needed over 2000$ in front end work.. yet it pased my optimum and OOP inspections)... mention who i work for, or its somebody who knows who i am.. and never a problem.

Yep.. and i used to work there too....

ninspeed
08-09-2006, 10:41 PM
When we got it back it was the same crap happening but worse, not to mention they lost my moms keys so I had to go all the way home to get my extra key for her car and come back so she could bring her car home. The next day they found the keys in some mechanics tool box :rolleyes:

I am Hugely guilty of this.. ill pull a job out, bring the next one in for the night, and forget to put the keys up, and leave them in my coveralls and lock them up at night... been a few times it was for a cutomers car that was to pick up...

bigbadboss101
08-09-2006, 10:57 PM
I had a flat and took it to Kal tire. Whipped out my wallet and they said 'it's free'. I didn't even buy the tires there.

max_boost
08-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Having good relations with a competent tire shop is priceless.

Tirecraft on Macleod/46th Ave FTW

Never have to worry about anything.

Proboscis
08-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Most of the mechanics there are under apprenticeship so they aren't fully certified to begin with

Shit, U got to start somewhere and work your way up.

Impreza
08-13-2006, 11:48 AM
At least they gave you service! lol

I was at the Kal-Tire connected to CMS on Wednesday since I got a nail in my tire. I just popped in since it was the nearest tire shop from my workplace. They were busy, which is fine, but told me to come back later in the day. I was in a rush and on my lunch break anyways, so I said, "ok", and made an appointment for 3:15. I go back at 3:15 and the fucker tells me, "No, I am too busy to work on your car". I am like, "wtf", why did he tell me to make an appointment if he was going to be "too busy". Fucking waste of my time, never going there AGAIN! I understand that he was busy when I just popped in without an appointment, but IMO, it is unacceptable for him to tell me to make an appointment but when I get there, he basically tells me to fuck off.

I was really surprised by the lack of service since this tire shop was even in the same building as CMS. Is this Kal-Tire managed by CMS? I hope not, cause I heard great things about CMS and would hate to see a stupid tire shop tarnish their reputation.

SILVIA KING,S
08-24-2006, 01:47 PM
do your own work

blitz
08-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by SILVIA KING,S
do your own work

Because everyone one has a tire balancing machine, a mounting machine, and can safely fix their own punctures. :rolleyes:

glennc
08-24-2006, 02:31 PM
I had to get winter tires put on. They said the locknut key was nowhere in the car! So, I took a look, not there, they had to pound off the lugs and put on new ones.

Later on I find out another mechanic moved it to his area, thinking they would find it.

I MADE them refund me the money for the new nuts, and they took a price off the tire for destrying my 40 dollar locknuts.

I prefer small shops, honest people, and I go to them for everything I dont want to do.

speedracer
08-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Having good relations with a competent tire shop is priceless.

Yes, that is very true. It takes time.

Originally posted by max_boost
Tirecraft on Macleod/46th Ave FTW

Never have to worry about anything. [/B]
Lucky for you :(

Lex350
08-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by riceeater

I have to agree about Tireccraft. I've always been treated well there.

topmade
08-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Agreed with everyone, CT sucks.

Country hills CT: Bought some drilled and slotted routers (they were on sale :clap: ) My car brake system is 100% stock and they gave me 9" when mine is 10" I tried to return it like anyone would and went through all the specs with them that checked out, but prick service guy said I was lying. I then had a heated discussion with the manager, went outside and measured the rotors and finally gave me my money back with no restocking fee. Because I was right and their pc's were wrong.

Shaganappi CT: Got my 17" balanced, still vibrated, went back and idiot said it's probably my alignment, I was like ummmm no, vibrations = balancing and car pulling to left/right is alignment. I said whatever, just fix the damn thing. While at work this nice lady calls me and said they did the alignment and redid the balancing and it's still vibrating and the cost was going to be blah blah, I said nope, not paying anything, your idiot service guy said that it would fix the problem and it didn't so not going to give you a penny. Went to pick it up and got the same idiot service guy, he looks at my bill and turned redfaced because invoice total was $0 :clap: took my keys and left with my free alignment and balancing and car actually feels great with a small vibration at around 70km but nothing after that

Cruz
09-03-2006, 10:43 PM
We have a concensus: CT as an organization are the most inefficient, unknowledgeable, and simply useless tits in the industry. I have never, ever, had nor heard of a single good experience. It's really a mystery how they are still in business and what's more, their service bays are always full.

Thought this thread deserved the week-old bump!

Hipermax_d
09-03-2006, 10:52 PM
i was in the same situation once
got a nail in one of my tires, dad took it to country hills crappy tires and came back a couple hours later with some scratches in the rim
my dad and i were pissed but didnt bother because it was so pointless to waste more time bitching at them

FivE.SeveN
09-03-2006, 11:50 PM
I used to be a total noob fixing car stuff, but if you start small it's not that hard to do more complicated things eventually. Its like lego tbh.

Though for anything wheels I go to either CMS or a dealership.

turab16
09-04-2006, 12:39 AM
Its called CRAPPY TIRE for a reason!