PDA

View Full Version : Jobs that can be done remotely

black_2.5RS
08-07-2006, 06:30 PM
My job sends me all over N. America - sometimes not the most sexy of places (eg: Yellowknife) for weeks on end. I find I spend a good portion of time sitting on my ass in a hotel watching TV. I'm hoping I can pick up a few bucks by doing some work remotely. Does anyone know of any jobs someone can do remotely (say w/ a computer). I know there's web development stuff but is there anything else?

mac_82
08-07-2006, 06:34 PM
TV transcribing, or closed captioning.

Takemetoothemoo
08-08-2006, 01:38 AM
3 Subaru impreza ownwers :)

there is jobs like quickstar my friend makes 600-800 month on the side. saleing goods and buying what he normaly does thru them

rbau493
08-08-2006, 02:52 AM
Ive read reviews on Quickstar and they seem to be the new Amway. So be careful.

Canadian 2.5RS
08-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS
My job sends me all over N. America - sometimes not the most sexy of places (eg: Yellowknife) for weeks on end. I find I spend a good portion of time sitting on my ass in a hotel watching TV. I'm hoping I can pick up a few bucks by doing some work remotely. Does anyone know of any jobs someone can do remotely (say w/ a computer). I know there's web development stuff but is there anything else?

Hey! Why all the hate for Yellowknife? Some of us (okay one of us:D ) grew up there. It is a great place to visit...It just really sucks if you have to live there for too long (ie 14+ years). Yellowknife is fantastic if you are into the outdoors stuff like hiking, fishing, canoeing, camping, etc... Hell it's even pretty fun in the winter (again if you like to do winter outdoors type stuff).

Sharpie
08-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

Hey! Why all the hate for Yellowknife? Some of us (okay one of us:D ) grew up there. It is a great place to visit...It just really sucks if you have to live there for too long (ie 14+ years). Yellowknife is fantastic if you are into the outdoors stuff like hiking, fishing, canoeing, camping, etc... Hell it's even pretty fun in the winter (again if you like to do winter outdoors type stuff).
Isn't it winter there all they time?

kaput
08-08-2006, 10:39 AM