PDA

View Full Version : Good places to inline skate???

sidejam
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Anyone on here into inline skating? I've tried going on the bike paths around Memorial Drive and they're ok. Today, I went along Fish Creek just off MacLeod, south of Canyon Meadows, and I found those paths a bit rough for my liking.

Where are some nice smooth paths where I can blade for about an hour or two? There seems to be a lot of bike paths in this city, but I don't know which one are good for blading.

Thanks for the help!

ashee
08-07-2006, 07:50 PM
The paths along the new communities are usually pretty good, citadel, richmond/signal hill, etc. not as long as the other but not bad.

Si_FlyGuy
08-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Glenmore Reservoir if you want a good workout. If you go clockwise, you can avoid having to go down the long hill...which of course you would have to work your ass off going up.

sgouki
08-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Don't wanna jack your thread but can you guys recommend me some good rollerblades and places to buy.
I'm a newb and my friend and I are wanting to get into it.

Shes experienced so shes looking to some near top of the line stuff.
I'm just looking for some blades thats all.

Thanks

Rich

snade831
08-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by sgouki
Don't wanna jack your thread but can you guys recommend me some good rollerblades and places to buy.
I'm a newb and my friend and I are wanting to get into it.

Shes experienced so shes looking to some near top of the line stuff.
I'm just looking for some blades thats all.

Thanks

Rich

I am an avid k2 user. They are very comfortable and smooth. I believe they were one of the first to come out with a soft boot. I love them.

sgouki
08-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Do you know any reputable places to purchase K2s? That's what my friends looking for. Any good skate shops you can suggest?

asuth077
08-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
Glenmore Reservoir if you want a good workout. If you go clockwise, you can avoid having to go down the long hill...which of course you would have to work your ass off going up.

Is this path still open?

I use to park at heritage park, do the route *edit* counter- clockwise around the reservoir up by the rowing club and golfcourse, over glenmore and then up by the rockyview to get back.

I just assumed with that construction there was no way to get around Glenmore.

ashee
08-10-2006, 11:46 PM
You could always go to Lloyd's. :dunno:

3G
08-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by ashee
You could always go to Lloyd's. :dunno:

Lloyds is gay never will i got back there :thumbsdow

ashee
08-11-2006, 12:53 AM
hahaha it's infested with 8th graders

slick2404
08-16-2006, 10:51 AM
i always see people skating on the pathway that runs along side barlow trail....not sure how far it goes, but its up and down good work out for your legs forsure.

As for best inlines, it depends on skill level. Bearings like the ABEC 3's are good for new inline skaters, while ABEC 5's and 7's are for people who want to faster and smoother:thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
08-16-2006, 06:18 PM
One day I'd like to go shopping in my rollerblades at Superstore. :D

Masta Dz17
08-16-2006, 06:30 PM
take the edgemont path it'll rap you all around nose hill you go through every community i do it every satureday and sunday .takes ruffly 3 hours but its a good work out