PDA

View Full Version : just wrote-off my car

BigWill
08-07-2006, 08:27 PM
so i was driving on sunridgeway and 34 ave, when some idiot in a mazda minivan decides to blow a stop sign without looking before crossing the intersection, so i t-boned him, (cops said its 100% his fault)anyways i just finished repaiting my car like 2 weeks ago, and i did a complete rebuild on my enine, pretty much i finally finished doing everything i wanted to my car as of saturday morning, (2 years in total working on it) finally started driving it this saturday and then BANG! 2 pm comes around and no more car
anyways thats just the story, now im in the market for a new car once i get my insurance money from this one, so i was wondering what kind of car beyonders would suggest buying between 10k and 20k, (im probably gonna finance) i want something sporty, fairly economical, but not TOO slow! and relativly new, suggestions would be great

DoubleLP
08-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Wow! Glad to hear that you are not hurt. It sucks that your car was written off, but that can always be replaced.

Again......glad to see you and nobody else was not hurt.

BigWill
08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
yeah luckily i had 3 passengers in my car, but yes as you said, thank God no one got hurt

canadian_hustla
08-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by BigWill
yeah luckily i had 3 passengers in my car, but yes as you said, thank God no one got hurt

absolutely, possessions can be replaced - lives cannot.. glad to hear you are all ok

95EagleAWD
08-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Good to hear you're fine.

Sorry 'bout the car.

FiveFreshFish
08-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Good thing you didn't GET T-boned.

black_radiation
08-07-2006, 10:36 PM
good to hear that you ok but back to the point, your looking for a new car. have you got anything in mind? like brand specific, rwd vs fwd, let us know what specs your lookin at :) and again good to hear your all ok.

AzN'SKillZ
08-08-2006, 12:06 AM
glad ur alright

srry about the car

403Gemini
08-08-2006, 12:28 AM
so i was driving on sunridgeway and 34 ave, when some idiot in a mazda minivan decides to blow a stop sign without looking before crossing the intersection, so i t-boned him, (cops said its 100% his fault)anyways i just finished repaiting my car like 2 weeks ago, and i did a complete rebuild on my enine, pretty much i finally finished doing everything i wanted to my car as of saturday morning, (2 years in total working on it) finally started driving it this saturday and then BANG! 2 pm comes around and no more car
anyways thats just the story, now im in the market for a new car once i get my insurance money from this one, so i was wondering what kind of car beyonders would suggest buying between 10k and 20k, (im probably gonna finance) i want something sporty, fairly economical, but not TOO slow! and relativly new, suggestions would be great

if you kept the receipts for all the work you should get some good return on your car :thumbsup:

god bless that none of you were hurt!

Ca_Silvia13
08-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Yeah i agree i hope you let your insurance company know about all those mods otherwise you will get 0 for them. But why not get a newer Celica if you got around 20k.

Oh ya sorry about your car it sounds alot like my accident:

http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5782

SilverBoost
08-08-2006, 10:53 AM
I'd like to send a terminator back in time to destroy the person that ever invented the mini-van. Their either driven by pissed off guys who had to trade in their sports car for a wife + kids mobile, or by some soccer mom who leaves the house just long enough to take the kids to practice and to buy the weeks groceries, or by some old person on a fixed income who for some reason "needs the space".

Moral, I see more dumbasses in minivans than any other vehicle. And if every one of them spontaneously imploded today, the world would be a better place.

Sorry to hear you wrecked man. At least you didn't say it was an accident. The accident was letting that other guy have his license.

As for a new ride, ever thought about a bike? For 20k you could get a new crotch rocket and a beater and still have some gas money. Lots of performance and the car will get you through the seasonal crap.

Maybe not much help because I know that's a 180 from what you're prob thinking, just though I'd throw it out there. Good luck on the new car though man, and at least you're injury free.

acura_el
08-08-2006, 02:10 PM
that sucks dude. my brother picked up a new lancer ralliart a few months ago and was rearended by a guy on the highway 2 weeks ago. it looks like a hatchback now and it's gonna cost about 12 big ones to fix.

i'd recommend the ralliart though. it's cheap, fairly quick, reliable, engine definitely has a lot of potential (the guy fixing my bro's offered to drop in an evolution turbo since it's in the shop anyways)...the only downside is that it doesn't have a lot of resale value because of the 0% financing.

still a nice car though, :thumbsup: u can get a used one under 20, AND it's not a civic :D

good luck tho

DoubleLP
08-08-2006, 02:13 PM

You can buy my car if you want. :)

New2Talon
08-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Get another 6th gen. They are so hawt! Haha if you want I can even sell you mine! its a 94 too! :poosie:

glennc
08-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I know the exact intersection too, and ive seen way too many people blow that sign.

frostyda9
08-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Sorry to hear man. I went through the exact same situation a little over a month ago. Have fun trying to explain to people how you t-boned a vehicle, yet weren't at fault :rofl: I had to fax a hand-drawn diagram to the insurance companies :rolleyes:

As long as everyone is alright, consider it an earlier than planned chance to upgrade ;)

A790
08-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Willy man that sucks ass.

I still remember the Talon from back in High School ;)

That said, why don't you look into something like a RSX or Integra?

BigWill
08-08-2006, 09:04 PM
thanks for the support, minivans suck ass
just for a side note, i am looking for a car that is not too bad in the winter, or on gas, umm yeah, keep the comments comming, and does anyone know if i should contact MY insurance company or the other guys insurance??? i called but got busy signals all day, so im calling tommorow, not sure what the process is, i still have to go to the doctors, my back was killing me today at work, after lifting anything heavy

barbarian
08-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Was anyone hurt?

frostyda9
08-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Go get checked out by a doctor ASAP. If there is anything wrong with you, make sure it's documented. Then call your insurance company with that info. They will be your liaison to the other persons insurance, you will never deal directly with the other insurance company. You give your insurance all the info, and then it's in their hands. They will fight out liability and compensation issues with the other company, that's their job. :thumbsup:

scat19
08-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Good thing you didn't GET T-boned.

no... Good thing he didn't get boned haha.

BigWill
08-09-2006, 12:21 AM
anyone know if there is a time limit for how long i have to get all my insurance and doctor stuff figured out before they say its too long???

LittleAngel
08-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

if you kept the receipts for all the work you should get some good return on your car :thumbsup:

god bless that none of you were hurt!

nope. insurance companies dont look that much in to it....

I had spend 1700 bux in parts on a rebuild, it was gone for 6 weeks getting the rebuild and i got it back, then 2 weeks later i got rear ended and my car was written off. when insurance was giving me money for my car they gave me about 300 bux more in consideration for my rebuild.....

maybe he will be lucky and his insurance company will be different....

LittleAngel
08-09-2006, 07:33 AM
anyone know if there is a time limit for how long i have to get all my insurance and doctor stuff figured out before they say its too long???

you really dont have very long for to visit a doctor office, i think its something like 5 days, you actually can go straight to physio.... you dont need to get a doctor refereal. a physio person can check you out under the new act

95gtchick
08-09-2006, 07:38 AM
that sucks a lot... hate seeing 6th gens totalled. but on the bright side, you could buy my 95 celica gt :)

BigWill
08-09-2006, 11:03 PM
if i buy another 6th gen i hope on getting a gts, but thanks for the offer bud

95gtchick
08-10-2006, 07:52 AM
haha no problem... i'm in mb anyway, you wouldn't wanna go that far for a 6th gen anyway :) good luck!

94teg
08-10-2006, 09:38 AM
A nice Integra Type R would be a great ride

The Cosworth
08-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by acura_el
i'd recommend the ralliart though. it's cheap, fairly quick, reliable, engine definitely has a lot of potential (the guy fixing my bro's offered to drop in an evolution turbo since it's in the shop anyways).........

I like them but I don't think fairly quick works for that car... fastest time I have ever seen one of those pull stock is high 19's. Obviously the evo's are stupid fast but thats another matter

I all depends on how "new" you want. and RWD and all that, if you give a better idea on what you want then it would be easier to recommend for that price. You can get an early 90's car that is done to the tits for 13 or 14, but I don't know what your preferences are..... also what kind of engine, the way gas prices are going I am being a lot more careful about vehicle purchases.

An economic professor I know who predicted what we are going through in the early 80's think in 5 years it will be close to 1.80/1.90 a liter and barrels of oil will be over $125

he thinks the hybrid/fuelcell/whatever technology is gonna make a huge surge fwd in the next 5.

which is nice because more money for my company which means more money for me and I have a gas card with them.

acura_el
08-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by brendankharris

I like them but I don't think fairly quick works for that car... fastest time I have ever seen one of those pull stock is high 19's. Obviously the evo's are stupid fast but thats another matter

well, yeah, i agree, but it's all relative. i probably should have mentioned it's fast compared to a 1.7 haha ;)

the engine displacement is almost the same as an RSX(not the type S though), actually on second thought an RSX is not a bad idea...it wont depreciate as fast as a lancer, but it'll probably be closer to 20K

draggin_frame
08-10-2006, 11:10 AM
I'll sell you my Durango for 20K. It is an SLT Plus 4x4. Very nice

Mr_John
08-10-2006, 04:56 PM
This might be pushing it but a 2003 two door Honda Accord is not bad. You can find a good deal at about 21,000 to 23,000 bucks. They come fully loaded I believe and the V6 Accord has some good power while the 4 cylinder is pretty decent on gas.

WALKER
08-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident, good thing nobody was hurt.

Hey how bad was that damage to your car? Do you have the option of buying it back? Any parts on it?

I might be interested in purchasing it for a parts car from you.

BigWill
08-13-2006, 11:08 PM
well actually i am going to ge the car at the impound on monday, the insurance company said to get it out, and they would pay me baclk for the carges, because they cant get a hold of the other driver, so i may have some parts that i could sell, most likely

BigWill
08-13-2006, 11:09 PM
oh yeah, the damage wasnt horrible, the front end got banged up but its not completly horrible, i'll try post some pics soon

sh0ko
08-14-2006, 08:26 AM
^^^ still dude.. just sucks to hafta go through this hassle near end of season anyways glad ur okay.. really hope that other driver gets whats coming to em

theostubbs
08-15-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm a little biased, but....

Get a 2002 subaru WRX, you can probably find them in the 20-25k range, lots of ponies (227 stock, and i've heard 280ish with a chip/exhaust) you get full time all wheel drive for the winters, and crisp handling in the summer.

Might be a bit more than your willing to spend, but you wont be dissapointed.