PDA

View Full Version : Cytosport Muscle Milk Qucik Review

pinoyhero
08-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Just a quick review after trying this product, this is a casein protein source and whose direct competition on supplementscanada.com is Dymatize Mega Milk. I went through a large can of MegaMilk and loved it, its not only a decent protein source but I also used it as a meal replacement type drink for a pre-bed meal or on hectic weekends. The stuff mixes and tastes great. The only drawbacks are that its quite sweet and loaded with sugar, other than that I thought I'd be a user for life, I love the product...then I tried Muscle Milk in RootBeer flavor.

THe prodcut is quite a bit more expensive but after reviewing the nutirtional contents it is slightly better than the Mega. The taste and mixability however is where the real benefit comes it. The stuff mixes with a spoon like you wouldn't believe and tastes great. I literally want to drink it all the time it tastes so good and have to hold myself back. There are tons of flavors and I'm defintely gonna try other ones but the RootBeer is killer. The nutritional contect of the powder is also top notch and IMO worth the extra few bucks for a guy who drinks a moderate amont of protien powder (2-3 scoops daily).

This stuff is king!

FlamingC19
08-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Can you pick it up anywhere like popeye's or GNC.

hussein
08-08-2006, 01:54 PM
I agree, Muscle Milk is theeeee shit. Tastes great.

pinoyhero
08-08-2006, 01:57 PM
I got mine online since its cheaper that way but I'm pretty sure you can grab it at eithe if those stores its a pretty main stream product, wouldn't be siprised if it was among their too sellers. Let me know if anyone tries a flvor other than rootbeer and if its as good.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
08-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Banana creme is awesome !

acura_el
08-08-2006, 02:18 PM
someone was telling me that shit's awesome...guess it's true

pinoyhero
08-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Hmm, never even thought of trying the banana creme, sounded too sweet, but maybe ill give that a try.

acura_el
08-08-2006, 05:30 PM
is that just a regular protein shake or a weight gainer? i might decide to try it

pinoyhero
08-08-2006, 05:31 PM
I'd call it a mix between a meal replacement and straight protien. Definetly not a full out weight gainer.

00CivicSi
08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by scotty_69
Can you pick it up anywhere like popeye's or GNC.

Careful which one you grab. There is a Canadian version and a American version. You can tell by the label, the american label has yellow highlights on some of the words upfront and the Canadian doesn't. The Canadian one is missing L-carnatine and a bunch of other goodies. The Canadian doesn't taste as good and is just a basic protien blend but cost alot more.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
08-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
I'd call it a mix between a meal replacement and straight protien. Definetly not a full out weight gainer.
It's a casein protien which means that it digests in around 7 hours as opposed to whey protien which will digest in around an hour or so. its best to take this type of product before bed to counteract muscle catabolism

I saw good results from using casein products :thumbsup:

Oh and btw i just went thru a tub of Vanilla VPX Micellean(also casein) and it tasted like pure shit so if your considering ordering it from bodybuilding.com to save a bit of cash, Dont

pinoyhero
08-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi

Careful which one you grab. There is a Canadian version and a American version. You can tell by the label, the american label has yellow highlights on some of the words upfront and the Canadian doesn't. The Canadian one is missing L-carnatine and a bunch of other goodies. The Canadian doesn't taste as good and is just a basic protien blend but cost alot more.

Just checked I have the Canadian Version you ordering from BB.com to get the US stuff? If so, do you have any problems at the border. I also noticed that with $16 shipping you have to order quite bit of stuff before you break even, even with the lower costs on bb.com. Also was their duty, tax etc. that you had to pay on top of your order cost?

00CivicSi
08-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Yeah most Canadian stores or online sites will be Canadian. I usually order direct. So if you guys wanna do a group buy I can do a larger order. (any flavour) It'll be 30 or 31 bucks canadian for a 2 pounder.

pinoyhero
08-09-2006, 06:03 AM
Well ill be using bb.com from now on...I compared prices and as long as you're ordering around $100 worth of stuff you're better off imo. THanks for the offer 00civicsi. I'm a little ways away from my next order but i'll try bb.com next.

FlamingC19
08-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Im in Pm me when your going to order!!!

hussein
08-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Strawberry is okay.

I really liked the cookies and creme. Was a bit sweet, but damn good.

spyce
08-10-2006, 11:11 AM
So is this something that would be good for lean muscle building and lowering body fat?
Would this be sufficient enough, along with a good workout and diet to acheive this? Or are there other supplements that should be used also?

Whats the best flavor for this stuff? Cant go wrong with chocolate? :dunno:

00CivicSi
08-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Chocolate's my favorite

hussein
08-11-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by spyce
So is this something that would be good for lean muscle building and lowering body fat?
Would this be sufficient enough, along with a good workout and diet to acheive this? Or are there other supplements that should be used also?

Whats the best flavor for this stuff? Cant go wrong with chocolate? :dunno:

I don't think that should be difficult with this product, as long as you aren't eating alot of excess calories, becuase I beleive if my memory serves me correctly if you use regular milk and 2 scoops these shakes come close to 1000 calories. Which is quite a bit, especially depending on your size and metabolic rate, as well as how frequently you train.

These shakes definetly don't make me fatter, and I feel pretty good after I have a do an intense workout and drink one of these shakes. Basically, if you want to loose body fat and drink this protein powder, I would use this as an after workout meal, as it would supply your body with protein as well as alot of calories (and sugars) to help your body recover, and then follow with a another meal 2-3 hours after.

I may be wrong on that though!

I can usually determine how well my workout went depending on how hungry I am an hour or so after my post workout meal (which I usually eat with a shake). If my tummy feels empty an hour later I figure its a good indicator that my muscles used up the energy I provided them after quite quickly. :)

spyce
08-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by hussein

I don't think that should be difficult with this product, as long as you aren't eating alot of excess calories, becuase I beleive if my memory serves me correctly if you use regular milk and 2 scoops these shakes come close to 1000 calories. Which is quite a bit, especially depending on your size and metabolic rate, as well as how frequently you train.

These shakes definetly don't make me fatter, and I feel pretty good after I have a do an intense workout and drink one of these shakes. Basically, if you want to loose body fat and drink this protein powder, I would use this as an after workout meal, as it would supply your body with protein as well as alot of calories (and sugars) to help your body recover, and then follow with a another meal 2-3 hours after.

I may be wrong on that though!

I can usually determine how well my workout went depending on how hungry I am an hour or so after my post workout meal (which I usually eat with a shake). If my tummy feels empty an hour later I figure its a good indicator that my muscles used up the energy I provided them after quite quickly. :)

so does everyone basically take it after their workout and right before they go to bed?
how many times do you actually use it per day? is it that much beneficial to also take it an hour or so before you work out or is that just a waste of the powder?

antoniobeyond
08-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Muscle milk is a pretty good supplement but i'd have to say that the best protien i've found including for taste and value is the BioX isolate.

pinoyhero
08-18-2006, 08:19 AM
^Hmmm, you sound like a Popeye's rep, haha. I've tried that too, I find it OK but MM is the champ for me, can't beat the RootBeer!

breen
08-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I run out of muscle milk so quick though. 2-3 weeks tops...

Mckenzie
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Muscle Milk is by far the best tasting and performing protein I have tried in the past 5 years....i prefer it to a peters milkshake!

Unfortuneately for us though it is quite expensive....I am sticking by ON for a good post work-out protien.

As for when to take MM, I would strongly suggest against taking it before bed due to its high carb and fat content....defenitely you want to take this post workout or during the day. I will gurantee you wont get lean drinking before bed with milk....although it tastes damn good!

I

Troy
08-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Ive tried mocha joe and chocolate both very good and it works very well to.

pinoyhero
09-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi

Where you get the US stuff at? Tried bb.com they wont ship the product here...

00CivicSi
09-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Popeyes has some american and some canadian ones. Just look for the highlights

pinoyhero
09-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Word, thanks

spyce
09-06-2006, 11:45 AM
I bought a tub of the chocolate stuff and have been using it on the days I work out (every other day) for the past 3 weeks or so. So far I really like the product. It tastes really good, especially with milk and maybe its just me but I seem to have lost some of my body fat too
Almost done my tub of chocolate though...gonna pick up a root beer one soon :thumbsup:

pinoyhero
09-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Once you yet the root beer you'll be hooked!

hussein
10-26-2006, 01:56 PM
BUMP.

Werd for the choclate milk flavour. :drool: It's like drinking liquid brownies... :love:

So far I have tried Vanilla, Cookies and Creme (2nd best IMO), Blue Berry, Moca Joe, and now Chocolate Milk, which is so far the best tasting I think.

pinoyhero
10-30-2006, 06:58 AM
^Once again, try the root beer and be ready to have a new fav, I've also heard the moca joe is insane, might give that a whirl next....

hussein
10-30-2006, 03:04 PM
I didn't like the moca joe that much, but I don't really like "moca" flavour. As well as I never really drink root beer because I don't like the flavour... and I assumed that the root beer flavour tastes like root beer. lol.

kaput
10-30-2006, 05:01 PM

mdeleon
10-30-2006, 05:04 PM
what's the ingrediaent?

kaput
10-30-2006, 05:19 PM

mdeleon
10-30-2006, 05:30 PM
hmmm interesting, i've never tried the product but from this thread it got me pretty interested and was thinking of replacing my weight gainer with this instead of Dymatize's Mega Milk once i get to the weight i wanna get to. But now it makes me wonder, I'm pretty interested to hear what others have to say about this too.

oh btw, pinoyhero, i just noticed you're like the "favourite flavor" king in this section haha :thumbsup:

pinoyhero
10-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by kaput
I saw a couple articles about how something called glycocyamine has some potentially dangerous side effects. It was about a month ago and I can't remember the details which is why I'm asking people here.

THe Canadian version does not have glycocyamine in it!

pinoyhero
10-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by mdeleon
hmmm interesting, i've never tried the product but from this thread it got me pretty interested and was thinking of replacing my weight gainer with this instead of Dymatize's Mega Milk once i get to the weight i wanna get to. But now it makes me wonder, I'm pretty interested to hear what others have to say about this too.

oh btw, pinoyhero, i just noticed you're like the "favourite flavor" king in this section haha :thumbsup:

Haha, I am. I like MegaMilk it was good but didn't mix quite as well. I must say the muslce milk has the edge in flavor although it is more expensive and supplementscanada doesn't have it in larger tubs for quantity discount, argh!

Anton
11-15-2006, 04:10 PM
If anyone else is considering this, it's great. Due to my work schedule I usually work out later in the day and drink it within an hour of finishing the workout and go to sleep an hour after that.

Wake up with more energy and it definitely helps your muscles grow.

I'm drinking the Chocolate one and it is delicious.. I don't think I'm like pinoyhero who has cravings for it :D but it is damn good.

pinoyhero
11-18-2006, 04:56 PM
So I tried some other stuff to satisfy my curiousity, ctyohainer. Same company, more of a weight gainer, no where near as good. Also tried some ON whey for a straight protein, it mixes like crap and doesn't taste that great vs Muslce or mega milk. Stick with those two products, I'm done experimenting.