PDA

View Full Version : Is this the new Porsche Cayenne??

jebbinksky
08-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Never really liked the original Cayenne.. but it's still a Porsche:love:

http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/porsche/brand-new-design-for-2010-porsche-cayenne/

Wudn't mind this new one.

95EagleAWD
08-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Meh, if Porsche is gonna build an SUV, it should be damn capable off road. That's the point of SUVs. The current Cayenne is extraordinarily capable off-road, just no one takes them there because of the pricetag.

crazydriver
08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
with that design, they might as well call it a wagon. I don't like the design of the Cayenne in those spy shots, especially the taillights

ashee
08-08-2006, 09:58 PM
That's terrible.

SwitchBlade
08-08-2006, 10:25 PM
I dont mind it it looks like the 928

SilverBoost
08-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Porsche should stick to building great cars and stop fucking around with this urban jungle/soccer mom crap. Lambourgini learned their lesson, porsche should follow suit.

Zephyr
08-09-2006, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
Porsche should stick to building great cars and stop fucking around with this urban jungle/soccer mom crap. Lambourgini learned their lesson, porsche should follow suit.

:werd:

i really dont see the point to buying a porsche suv, maybe to say that you can?

95EagleAWD
08-09-2006, 07:17 AM

Unfortunately, because of the market right now, it's the urban jungle crap that allows Porsche to have the money to develop it's sports cars.

SilverBoost
08-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Unfortunately, because of the market right now, it's the urban jungle crap that allows Porsche to have the money to develop it's sports cars.

I very much doubt the sale of their SUV is supporting their sports car. It's just a "keeping up with the jones'" move. They dont wan't BMW to offfer something 'they' don't.

Aleks
08-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Actually I read somewhere that their SUV is their best selling vehicle in N/A now. I am sure it's very profitable for them.

A2VR6
08-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Actually I read somewhere that their SUV is their best selling vehicle in N/A now. I am sure it's very profitable for them.

:werd: The Cayenne has done very very well since it's introduction here and by far is the top selling model. I've read somewhere than the Cayenne made up 48% of Porsche sales a year or two ago. Now sales have slowed considerably, but I dont think the Cayenne was a bad move at all for Porsche.

SilverBoost
08-09-2006, 10:02 AM
OK, I stand corrected.

But I still wouldn't buy one. Not that I have 100k burning a hole in my pocket.

me&you
08-09-2006, 11:40 AM
OK, I stand corrected.

But I still wouldn't buy one. Not that I have 100k burning a hole in my pocket.

Then Porsche wouldn't give a shit if you would buy one or not.

The Cayenne is a perfect example of "dollar-voting" those who can do (The Cayenne is the most profitable per-unit SUV on the road) and those who can't, well, f-off...

Xtrema
08-09-2006, 11:53 AM
As long as Porsche doesn't go low end (1 series, A/B Class, A3), it's fine with me.

SilverBoost
08-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
As long as Porsche doesn't go low end (1 series, A/B Class, A3), it's fine with me.

You mean like that pice of shit X3 that BMW came out with?