PDA

View Full Version : Question for SAIT ppl about schedules

rinny
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Can they be changed? Because mine fucking sucks.

I have seen no where on the website or in letters i've received that say i can change. Is it possible?

$lick_rYz
08-08-2006, 09:21 PM
you can change schedules with other students that have the same classes as you, go to mysait and email everyone your schedule that is doing the same major as you and hopefully someone will reply.

Azn_Rice_Man
08-11-2006, 08:31 AM
It really depends on the program you're in... For example, I just finished my HRM program there and it was IMPOSSIBLE for us to change our schedule, unless we sacrificed a year and delayed graduation... Having said that, however, it all depends on your program co-ordinator and if he/she will allow for you to change your schedule and give them "more" work. :rolleyes:

rinny
08-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Ya I just called SAIT yesterday and i cant change it. I think its pretty stupid that every other college/uni you have flexibility to change your shit.

I have 3 hour breaks in the middle of 2 days and then I end up goin to school until 6 on those days, one of which being Friday. Stupid.

Azn_Rice_Man
08-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Yup... SAIT is pretty bad for that... Making schedules for ppl and screwing their lives up... On the bright side, you don't got the early mornings... :thumbsup:

l8braker
08-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by $lick_rYz
you can change schedules with other students that have the same classes as you, go to mysait and email everyone your schedule that is doing the same major as you and hopefully someone will reply.

Yeah, and then every single student in that program has their e-mail spammed by all the students wanting out. It was brutal last year with all of these bums who threw fits because they had scheduled 8am classes that semester. Must have had around 75 over a 2-week period.

If you can't reschedule, most classes are on-line and at night... just a thought. good luck.

jumperman8
08-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Go to your Program Cordinator and Explain your situation to them, they usually have 3-4 different scheldule schemes. I do it every year, did it last year and plan to do it this year.

?????
08-13-2006, 11:35 PM
This fall will be my second program at SAIT and all my previous schedules were from 8-5 everyday and this years schedule is the same 8-5 everyday.

nonsane
08-14-2006, 08:03 AM
i had 5 hour break every thursday and a 3 hour break every friday for one semester.

IT sucks but since i had time I always got my schoolwork done.

Unknown303
08-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah SAIT can have strange shedules and depending on the classes and avaliablility of rooms they can shift the classes around a little but it can be a little tricky. Last semester we had a class moved forward an hour on thursday or friday.

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Pretty much the only way you can change classes (at least with mine, because the course is like 30 ppl/semester)

is have everyone complain, or have the teacher themself *attempt* to move the class

nonsane
08-15-2006, 07:38 AM
In our class we tried to have it moved up an hour. But there was ONE person it conflicted with so they wouldn't do it.

LUCKYSTRIKE
08-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by $lick_rYz

Hey how do I find everyone with the same major as me?

l/l/rX
08-18-2006, 02:42 PM
my schedule aint bad this fall.
8-1150 am everyday.

riceeater
08-20-2006, 11:50 PM
the earlier you apply and get admitted, the better the schedule you'll have... if you're one of the last to get in, dont be surprised that the schedule is all over the place; i got 8-430 every day, 1-2h lunch... cant complain

l/l/rX
11-07-2006, 09:50 AM
i have a question about the winter semester. Can i request that i have all morning classes?
because i got a pretty stellar job in the afternoon at an office. paying pretty well and i want to hold on to it.
so like right now i go to school from 8-12 everyday, then i got to work from 1-5.

like right now my classes are out, except the times of my classes havent been set yet. soo can i go and request right now before they are set in stone to have them all in the morning?

rinny
11-07-2006, 09:57 AM
I doubt you can request it. I know my math teacher had requested that our 2 hour math class not be on a monday since we miss so many mondays for holidays...never happened.

I'd say it depends on the program. Go ask some people there and find out.

SCHIDER23
11-07-2006, 11:02 AM
just like everyone else said it all depends on your program coordinator, and sometimes they are not to happy to move you around :(

?????
11-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Depeneds on the program too like how full it is. But most if not all of your couses should be with your program class. Only thing i can think of having a chance to switch classes is if your class is split up into 2 groups for a lab and one is in the morning one is in the afternoon maybe you can ask to be put in the morning group.