PDA

View Full Version : Popularity of Steroids

silbergrau330
08-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Hey all. Just thought Id spark up a little conversation regarding the popularity of steroids. With all the media attention roids have been getting lately, more and more "negative" attention has been drawn to them. Often you hear stats like people as young as 13 are trying steroids and so on. Is this true? Are steroids that rampant in gyms and minor sports? I grew up playing competitive hockey at a high level, and as recent as '04 was playing Junior A but I never knew anyone who was taking them? One of my close friends plays in the show (NHL), and his training is serious business but when I ask he doesnt know of anyone on roids? My topic is not specifically about hockey, as I truly believe steroids are not as beneficial to a hockey player as a football playeror other similar sports, but you think with all the time I spent in the gym over the years training for sport I would have come in contact with the use of steroids more. I guess Im just interested in the common use of the drugs. Is it more common with recreational lifters, lifting for looks and size, or even among competitive lifters and builders? Is it really dangerous as they say, I mean all us guys have heard the infamous shrinking nuts stories. Furthermore, where do people get access to these steroids? Ive heard the stories about how they "flow like water" at some commercial gyms, but having spent a lot of time in the gym, and speaking with plenty of large guys over the course of my athletic training career (many summers were spent in the gym with large groups of hockey players, and at Golds (now GoodLife) where we trained there were clearly gents who were using) however never have I been offered, or for that matter has anyone hinted to me that they would "hook me up". Just thought Id see if any people who have used have personal insight into the matter, Id like to hear from the common users, not the horror stories on 60 minutes!

ecstasy_civic
08-09-2006, 05:52 PM
This is gonna get good... lol

:)

silbergrau330
08-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Anybody?!
:dunno:

JAYMEZ
08-10-2006, 02:35 PM
I dont think anyone wants to respond because it seems like you have a million questions. Maybe organize them better and people might respond... to me its just a shit load of effort to reply lol.

Also if you want to research about steriods you can go to www.bodybuilders.com , they have a steriod section , just make sure you research before you posts questions that have been answered.

funkedelic
08-10-2006, 03:34 PM
guys all hes asking is where can he get steriods:nut:

pm sent:thumbsup:

silbergrau330
08-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic
guys all hes asking is where can he get steriods:nut:

pm sent:thumbsup:

Yeah guy. Just wanted to know more. I dont anyone who uses, just want some info from those who know or use, and not 300lb body builders, the common user

ecstasy_civic
08-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Compose some good questions and youll get good answers;)

antoniobeyond
08-10-2006, 10:32 PM
what exactly are u trying to find out?

itsnotaDUB
08-12-2006, 03:33 AM
ive done a couple diffrent cycles and rear found great results with little to no side effects with either. it really all depends what you stack and where you get it.....

ecstasy_civic
08-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
ive done a couple diffrent cycles and rear found great results with little to no side effects with either. it really all depends what you stack and where you get it.....

Depending what type of AAS your using has a huge influence in side effects, along with dosing.
If your doing something like... drol in a high dose, chances are youll feel some side effects, (hair loss, lots of bloat, acne etc...)

As far as great results, your first cycle will always be your 'bang' cycle, its gonna hit you like a ton of bricks and you will get the biggest gains, after a few cycles youll have to try different things to find what triggers the gains, and at what dose. BUT... you should know that its a very wise decision to run PCT (post cycle treatment) from your first cycle on. Get into the habit of buying it and expect that cost in your budget, your body wont regret it.

Finding a good, reliable source is the first battle, once you do that and you can find someone you trust and can work with, its smooth sailing.

jumperman8
08-12-2006, 02:15 PM
If you want to take roids, take some Axis HT from the BSN line, its a Pro-Testosterone, the guy at Popeyes tried to really sell me on it, but i play college basketball so taking roids and being tested is not a smart risk to take lol.

Why cheat it anyways, drink protien shakes and work out, that way the results are 100% natural.

Although im not knockin on guys who have done them, just sayin i think gaining results the natural way may feel more rewarding.

lil*tymer
08-12-2006, 10:05 PM
yes riods are everywhere, made out to be much worse then they actually are. its the uneducated people who use them in which the negative stories often come from.

08-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by lil*tymer
yes riods are everywhere, made out to be much worse then they actually are. its the uneducated people who use them in which the negative stories often come from.

:werd:

If you are going to start make sure you research as much as you can, and plan out your routine, meals, workouts, sleep... etc. if all of that is in line, you will see the greatest results, and be able to control your sides, if any.

http://forums.steroid.com/index.php

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=59137

http://www.spotinjections.com/

codo
08-13-2006, 09:46 PM
What about the shrinkage affect that is always stressed on, is that bullshit? Is it just so people wont do them?

civic_rida
08-13-2006, 10:38 PM
pct will bring your balls back

08-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by codo
What about the shrinkage affect that is always stressed on, is that bullshit? Is it just so people wont do them?

Its :bullshit:

JAYMEZ
08-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by codo

It dehydrates(sp) all your body ... then when you stop , your body is normal again

silbergrau330
08-14-2006, 12:43 AM
OK,

So here are a few questions then.

1. Among the different types of steroids, which is best for muscle gain that provides a cut, lean look as opposed to large and bulky

2. How difficult is it to find a reliable and trust worthy supplier

3. How much does a typical cycle cost, + post cycle treatments

4. Are all steroids required to be taken through a syringe?

5. From personal experience would anyone like to share good/bad experiences?

Ceza
08-14-2006, 03:37 AM
also, wasnt there a safe age recommended? like 25 or somethin? some correct me if im wrong.

civic_rida
08-14-2006, 08:24 PM
1. Among the different types of steroids, which is best for muscle gain that provides a cut, lean look as opposed to large and bulky

diet will play a role in this.
i say this because some people use test to bulk some use it to cut.

no idea

100-300

no theres also oral steriods

no experince

brownchild
08-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Try getting some German Winstrol, few side affects(if any), and no syringes(oral). One cycle of this will shred your fat into pure lean muscle, just make sure you eat right, try to cut the junk, and fatty foods totally out.

JAYMEZ
08-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Most pros bulk first then cut , thats the best way to do it.
Its easy
For the best stuff $400 +
If you wants results , yes

1-Bar
08-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Injectable steroids are safer then oral steroids. Oral steroids needs to take multiple trips through your liver to get broken down whereas the injectable kind goes straight to the blood stream and bypasses that route.

5hift
08-15-2006, 12:59 PM
I havent gone to the darkside myself, nor am I an expert, but theres too much misconseption about this here.

Here's some articles from WannaBeBig.com posted by experienced users and professional body builders, in a forum specificly for anabolics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The rules of how this game is played...

In writing a PM to another member it reminded me of something I did right before I started my first cycle which was probably the smartest thing I ever did as far as steroid use goes.

For some of you this will not apply because it is intended for newbies before they start their first cycle...which I was a few years ago.

For those of us who already have some experience with anabolics I suggest you do this before you start your next cycle.

Also if you want to be a pro bodybuilder and don't care what it takes to achieve that then don't waste your time doing this. The purpose of this exercise is to help you define and achieve your goals in the safest and healthiest way possible.

I realize this may seem kinda silly at the moment to you, but trust me. When you look back a few years down the road you will understand.

I know I have helped many of you here but if there is a single thing you take away from knowing me or reading my posts please let it be this.

I will tell you that I once found myself saying the same thing as all newbies do "I'll only do one cycle"...if lifting is in your blood and steel courses through your veins you will never just stop after one cycle. So if you are not okay with that fact I strongly suggest you do not do a cycle at all. You will remember and miss making the gains you once had and the natural growth afterwards will be very slow....infinitely slower than the growth you are making right now.

If you do go ahead with your cycle just remember my words and know that you are going to do another....so my best suggestion to you is this....and please don't blow this off because this is the best advice I can give you.

Lay out some ground rules for yourself.

Get a piece of paper and write down.

1- How many cycles you will allow yourself per year.

2- How many cycles total in your lifetime.

3- Define some stopping point...each of us have a different idea of what we want out of our bodies, so make some realistic goals.

4- You should have done all your research before starting your first cycle so write down the drugs you will never use. Possibilities include but are not limited to Insulin, DNP, Clen, t-3, HGH, IGF, diuretics, even certain AS.

5- Side effects you will not tolerate and will stop your cycle if you experience them. Things such as hair loss, high blood pressure and even health markers if you get regular blood work during your cycle.

6- I don't believe in "roid rage" but steroids can affect your mood to one degree or another. So make a list of everything that is more important to you than gaining a few pounds of muscle (health, friends, family, relationships) If you ever find these things in difficult situations as a result of your steroid use agree with yourself to walk away from them forever.

FAQ's ...

How old do I have to be to hit the gear?

This is one of the questions that’s asked over and over on every board ever. It’s been debated back and forth. At the very earliest, 21. Most say that 22-25 is best. Make sure you’ve got at least a couple years of training under your belt before even considering it.

What does … mean?

Here’s some common nomenclature or lexicon you’re sure to run into in the anabolics world

AAS = Anabolic/Androgenic/Steroids

gear = steroids and ancillary drugs

pin = needle

gyno = gynecomastia (bitch tits), development of breast tissue due to elevated estrogen levels

nolva, nolvadex = tamoxifen citrate – a drug useful in combating gynecomastia and restoring the HPTA

clomid = clomiphene citrate – a drug similar very similar to nolvadex in both effect and use

HPTA = Hypothalomo Pituitary Thyroid Axis - this is the system that balances hormone production and secretion.

test = testosterone

deca = originally deca durabolin but now indicates just nandrolone decanoate

d-bol, pinks, thais = dianabol

abombs = anadrol

winny = winstrol

primo = primobolan depot

fina = trenbolone acetate extracted from FinaplixÒ cow implants or Component-TH

halflife = the time it takes for exactly half of a substance to become inactive in the body

ester = esters are attached to a steroid making it hydrophobic. It is consequently stored in fatty deposits and muscle tissue as it will not move freely in the blood. Your body must hydrolize the ester before the steroid can be useful. Hydrolization forms a carboxylic acid, which is rather unremarkable in the human body, and the unesterified steroid. This gives a time released and prolonged effect to the steroid that it’s attached to. As a general rule, the longer the ester, the more hydrophobic it is and the longer it takes for your body to release all the steroid. Prop, cyp, enth, deca, undec : abbreviations for propionate, cypionate, enanthate, decanoate, undecanoate, respectively, which are common esters

Detailed explaination of side effects, what types work best

Testosterone is made in the testis and released into the bloodstream. A good portion of this testosterone is bound up by SHBG leaving free testosterone levels very low (only about 10% of that released into the bloodstream). Testosterone is a very small molecule that is largely lipid soluble, but has a charged polar group or two slapped on one end. This allows it to diffuse freely across the lipid membranes of your cells. Once in the cytosol, the test binds to androgen receptors that are just kinda floatin around. Once bound to the receptor, the test-receptor complex is transported from the cytosol into the nucleus. THis is where the magic begins. Gene expression/protein synthesis are initiated and the cell produces more protein. Glycogen and nutrient uptake are greatly increased to accomodate the increase in protein production. This means that your insulin sensitivity goes way up, as well as your appetite. Your sleep requirement will also increase.

The hypothalamus reacts to this increase in testosterone by decreasing Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone (GnRH) secretion. GnRH stimulates production of lutenizing hormone (LH) which is responsible for testosterone production in males (estrogen in females), and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) is responsible for stimulating spermatogenesis in males (ovulation in females). A good portion of your GnRH and subsequently testosterone (85% or more) is produced while you sleep, with test levels spiking shortly before you wake up. This partially explains mornin wood. (You can take advantage of this if you use test suspension or dbol, as both have a very short halflife. Take a 5-10 mg of dbol in the morning upon waking and it should be out of your system by nightfall. This means that most GnRH production will continue as usual. During the day, that small 15% or so is replaced by dbol or suspension which, and you're still comin off the test spike produced early in the morning upon waking... so you've high androgen levels both day and night). Anyway, the decrease in GnRH is followed subsequently by testicular atrophy. This is the #1 reason that people lose weight following a cycle. The HPTA will be up and runnin well enough to maintain your muscle mass with no trouble, it's the testis that take forever to rebuild (which in itself causes problems with the HPTA). If you use HCG shortly before coming off, or very small doses concurrently with your cycle, the testicular atrophy will be repaired or negated completely post cycle. This lets hormone levels come back to normal rather quickly post cycle. The exception here is with nandrolone wich desensitizes the leydig cells to LH/FSH and even if the HPTA were to be back to normal... they just don't produce test like they should. This is why test levels can take the better part of a year to return to their normal range following a cycle with nandrolone in it.

Estrogen stimulates SHBG production, and SHBG tends to facilitate aromatization... so if you curb the estrogen production you're good to go. You'll see higher serum test levels because there's less SHBG floating around to bind up all that test. Proviron is a great supp while on cycle. It has no affinity for the ER or the aromatase, so it doesn't funciton as an anti-aromatase or anti-estrogen like most people say it does. It does however have a very high affinity for the androgen binding site on SHBG. This means that the proviron will bind to SHBG instead of test, leaving serum test levels to raise much higher than would normally be possible. This means you get more bang for your buck. You can run lower doses of AAS and still make great gains.

Aromatases are enzymes that convert test to estrogen. All it takes is pulling off a few hydrogens and you're there. When test levels come up, the rate of estrogen production by aromitization increases as well. Estrogen causes alot of problems for bodybuilders... gyno, edema, mood swings, etc. It does have a few beneficial effects, two of which are maintaining connective tissues and beneficial lipid levels. It also helps maintain your sex drive. If nearly all estrogen production is suppressed by use of an anti-aromatase, connective tissues become brittle, less elastic and more prone to injury. HDL levels drop while LDL levels come up, and your sex drive usually becomes non-existant.

Also associated with libido is DHT. Like estrogen, DHT is produced using testosterone. 5-alpha-reductase converts test into DHT. DHT is primarily responsible for male pattern baldness, erectile function, development of the external make genetalia (which is what makes your penis grow during puberty... which totally negates the popular rumor that AAS will shrink your cock. If anything, the higher DHT levels will complete development if it hasn't already for some reason). DHT is also responsible for facial/body hair and deepening of the voice, etc.

Your liver can eat up test with no problem. Both test and estrogen have a halflife of like 45minutes in the bloodstream or something, and they won't raise liver enzyme levels one bit. Very easy to deal with. I'll have to say that oral steroids are not nearly as hard on your system as most people think. Contrary to popular belief, you can run an oral throughout your entire cycle if you wish... and you're not gonna do yourself any harm. Alot of guys can run 100mg anadrol/day for 12 weeks and liver levels won't even come out of the normal range. Some guys I talked to had been runnin 100mg of dbol/day for an entire year and their liver levels were just fine. The only liver protectant they used was ALA or r-ALA, and that was only intermittantly... and more for the effects on insulin sensitivity than for the anti-oxidant characteristics. As long as you have no pre-existing liver problems, avoid the alcohol and other drugs that are notoriously tough on the liver, you're good to go.

Sample First Cycle ...

As has been said a million times, anyone interested in their first cycle should:

1. Be at least 21-23 years of age.
2. Have been lifting well for several years.
3. Have a detailed understanding of diet and nutrition.
4. Have a detailed understanding of any foreign substance they wish to put into their body.
5. Consider the following cycle:

Weeks 01-10 500mg Test E - two injections per week @ 250mg
Weeks 11-12 Maintain clean diet and lifting
Weeks 13-14 40mg Nolvadex per day
Weeks 15-18 20mg Nolvadex per day
10mg a day until you feel normal again

JAYMEZ
08-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

Injectable steroids are safer then oral steroids. Oral steroids needs to take multiple trips through your liver to get broken down whereas the injectable kind goes straight to the blood stream and bypasses that route.

Lol i was just quoteing his question you fool! I knoooow this mannng :rofl:

1-Bar
08-16-2006, 12:00 AM
oops, sorry....I meant to quote Civic_rida since he pointed out injectable/oral steroids.

Nothing against you man :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
08-16-2006, 06:39 PM

As a beginner I wouldnt jump into something too crazy, all you need is test, plain and simple. Until you get really into the whole thing, you wont need anything else. Diet/cardio will keep you lean and cut.

Difficult if you listen to some of these 'sources' talk :rofl:

Anywhere from $200- as much as your wallet allows, beginner cycle... $250+

Not all, if you stack orals with a good cycle, you are more likely to have added gains for what, popping a pill?

Its a lifestyle choice, be prepared to do more than one cycle.

lil*tymer
08-18-2006, 06:26 PM
here is the best chart to give the best idea about which steriod is good for what.
http://www.steroid.com/effect.php

on a side note, I gained 30lbs in 1.5 months on my cycle, and kept it all, all of which was basically muscle. With a very moderate amount aswell.

I was way small to have touched roids when i did but hey it gave me a foot in the door and almost 2 years later im in the gym 5-6 days aweek. If it wasnt for riods I would of never had the initial ambition to get into working out and I would still be abuck50.

ecstasy_civic
08-19-2006, 01:59 PM
here is the best chart to give the best idea about which steriod is good for what.
http://www.steroid.com/effect.php

on a side note, I gained 30lbs in 1.5 months on my cycle, and kept it all, all of which was basically muscle. With a very moderate amount aswell.

I was way small to have touched roids when i did but hey it gave me a foot in the door and almost 2 years later im in the gym 5-6 days aweek. If it wasnt for riods I would of never had the initial ambition to get into working out and I would still be abuck50.

But I thought in this thread you said ...
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139139

no I have not run a cycle. i may this fall though.

I eat bad right now, at most im 10 lbs more.

Either way your still too small to be touching any gear by the sounds of it

:drama:

BTW: If you can find half things on that list and some major ones its missing, I guess its a good guideline?

barbarian
08-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Just take the same kind that Landis was taking in the Tour-de-France, nor-testosterone. It is chemically modified testosterone that cannot be converted to epi-testosterone (which causes the shrinkage, etc.).

j/k, don't do drugs.

Anyways, lots of people take them, but no one will admit it. It'd be admitting that you weren't man enough until you had some chemical help. No one will admit that.