PDA

View Full Version : starting problem

scboss
08-09-2006, 03:18 PM
so i bought a skyline and everything was good for a bit but now sometimes it takes a few cranks to start my car wont always start on the first try

anyone know what this could be
im guessing injectors but not positive as i am still new to turbo cars let me know thnx

HiSpec
08-10-2006, 01:51 AM
same deal here....
except my vehicle isn't boosted

i only have to turn my key once, but it just keeps cranking.

The Cosworth
08-10-2006, 10:14 AM
there is a return pressure valve in the fuel line what it does is keep up fuel pressure so when you start it the pump doesn't have to build up pressure.

to check this turn on the key all the way (to on) and leave it until everything goes quiet and you should be able to hear the pump wirr for a minute (this will mean that the fuel line is pressurized) start it and if it starts completely fine then don't worry about it or if you are just get them to replace the valve that controls the return fuel line pressure (rail pressure, the name is eluding me now) I know Chevys and Gm's are really bad for loosing all the pressure very fast

if it still takes a bit, I would check for corroded lines/plugs/ injectors usually last a very long time to die if not last forever, and it doesn't matter if its boosted because they will be on the other side of the valve anyways

p.s. this is assuming that when you mean doesnt start first time you mean it cranks a for a second or so before it kicks over... if you mean that when you first turn the key nothing kicks in until you lay off and the try again then that is a different matter.... if it is the later problem does it sound abnormally sluggish or do you not hear any spinning at all? if so then your battery/starter is screwed

hard to diagnose now without more info

scboss
08-10-2006, 09:36 PM
yeah i cranks for a few seconds before it starts