PDA

View Full Version : Body Shop?

speedyalero
04-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Anyone know of a good body shop in Calgary? I need to get small dent on the side of my car fixed along with some other work. Black cars look great when newly washed but after a winter and being backed into -- car looks like shit...

calarina
04-17-2003, 04:30 PM
Calgary Honda Bodyshop. :rofl:

Speed_Dreams
04-17-2003, 05:46 PM
Lous or Halmark are really good reasonably priced and fast

I woul dknow becuase the dealership i work at delivers parts there

dsm69
04-18-2003, 01:57 AM
bring it to my shop. i work at concours collision 1201 42ave se 243-6062 one of the best and imo the best shop in town.

speedyalero
04-18-2003, 09:04 AM
Cool, thanks. See you next week sometime......

ninspeed
04-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by dsm69
bring it to my shop. i work at concours collision 1201 42ave se 243-6062 one of the best and imo the best shop in town.

I hate to say this, but i have been to that shop.. not the best, but not the worst.

You best bet is to shop around, and get some prices, and see some work.. Black sucks to paint, and its worse to polish. So find a shop where the people guarantte the work for at least 2 years. I have dealt with many body shops, and i work for one.

dsm69
04-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed

I hate to say this, but i have been to that shop.. not the best, but not the worst.

You best bet is to shop around, and get some prices, and see some work.. Black sucks to paint, and its worse to polish. So find a shop where the people guarantte the work for at least 2 years. I have dealt with many body shops, and i work for one.

which body shop do you work for? have you ever worked at concours? we have some of the best techs in town. ive worked at lots of high quality shops and they are not half as organized and can pull off the quality of work we can.

Weapon_R
04-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Concours=Top Quality Body Shop!

I have to agree, not many unsatisfied customers come out of there...

Hallmark is my personal favorite. Their workmanship is excellent, the staff is EXTREMELY friendly (which is why i've done work twice on my car there), and they warranty all work.

max_boost
04-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Concours might be top quality but they are freaking expensive!!! haha

I still like Maranellos Autobody, gonna go back when my kit comes in hehe

ninspeed
04-18-2003, 04:32 PM
i work for the shitiest shop in town lets leave it at that :D

Ajay
04-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by dsm69

I agree Concours is probably the best in the city in my opinon! Reason I say that is cause a friend of mine completely fizzucked up his passenger side on his 98 Grand Am GT when he mistakenly turned left when he wasn't supposed to. The damage to that car was SOOOOOOO extensive....$7000 worth. Took it to Concours and they initially told them they'de be able to have it done in a week...they had it done three days later and it was flawless..couldn't even tell it had been in an accident! Not the same I guess if you never saw the car after the accident. Also they offered to pay for his cab ride to and from the shop if for any reason he needed to get anything out of the car. That's service!

Anyways....I was wondering how much you guys would charge for something minor for my car. I have a 98 Honda Civic DX and I want to get the mirrors, handles, mouldings, side skirts, and rear license plate cover painted to match the rest of my car. Do you guys do this type of thing and how much if you do?! PM me if you get a chance!

dsm69
04-18-2003, 09:08 PM
ya we can do for ya. i cant give you a price youll have to bring it down, talk to mike he can sort it all out .

Ajay
04-18-2003, 09:12 PM
Thanks man I appreciate it!