PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1990 VW Corrado G60

DeeK
08-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey guys/gals,

Firstly I wouldnt be selling this car if I could afford to keep both. They are too rare of cars to be letting go of. :)

This car was an engine and a body when I bought it, I've put alot of money and time into it. Bought it for $7,300. I've put close to $8,000 into it. Plus countless hours. I'm asking $7,000 OBO. Any reasonable offer will be considered.

214,000kms
1.8 G60 engine with supercharger @ 8 psi. (forged block, forged pistons, forged connecting rods, forged crankshaft, LOVES the boost) - Has ridiculous potential.
158hp. FWD.

It's completely restored and bone stock. I have done every little bit of maintenance I can think of on the car. It's a 5spd, power locks, power windows, heated seats, sunroof, and pretty much every option you can think of being on a car of 17 years old. It has treated me good with no major problems at all since I brought it back to life.

Firstly the bad things:
- The locking ring in the tranny catches sometimes and can be hard to shift into 1st sometimes.
- Sunroof frame is bent. Was not working at all when I got it, I have replaced the entire sunroof frame, motor, assembly, everything... However the roof frame I got was slightly bent, thus making the sunroof useless until the frame can be replaced.
- Passenger side door striker needs to be replaced, door is hard to open/close.
- Previous owner had the car in a minor accident and the passenger side headlight was pushed back, headlight is still alligned properly and works, but it makes the hood hard to open/close sometimes.
- Needs A/C retrofitting.
- Drivers side seat heater doesnt work properly, is diconnected for now, needs a new switch, that is all.
- Horn not working, just missing the actual horn.

The good things:
- Brand new brake pads, calipers, and lines, freshly machined rotors on all 4 wheels.
- Re-wired most of the car from the electrical mess it was when I got it.
- Was a brand new windshield till a week ago, I was prepping it for sale and getting all the bugs outta it, got a rock to the window.. Minor chip, bottom of passenger side.
- Replaced the whole sunroof assembly including motor and all seals.
- Brand new belts and seals under the hood.
- Replaced everything inside the drivers side door, all the electrical, and mechanical moving parts.
- Replaced console guages and lighting under on dash buttons and other dash accesories.
- Replaced heater core and fan switches.
- New power window motors.
- Added a Alpine 9401 CD/MP3/WMA player with 4 x 4" JL audio compenent speakers.
- Replaced headlight switch.
- Brand new battery.
- Brand new paint job. Silver.
- tinted windows (including front windows, but it is factory stock, so it is legal.)
- Body is in mint condition. 1 minor scratch on the rear spoiler, but no dents or dings at all.
- Comes with brand new summer tires - Hankook H403 195/50/15
- Comes with brand new winter tires - Michelin X-Ice 195/55/15
- Comes with TWO sets of original stock rims - 22 sets left in North America of this rim. (Verified by VW Canada)
- has had regular oil changes with Mobil1 0w-40.
- All recalls and safety issues have been corrected.

With the exception of the few things listed in the bad section, this car is mechanically sound, and as mentioned already, I would not be selling if I could afford to keep both of my Corrados.

Heres some pics.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/deekds/G60.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/deekds/DSC00101.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/deekds/G60vsVR6.jpg

DeeK
08-24-2006, 12:36 PM

DeeK
10-11-2006, 05:01 PM
BUMP!

New price. 7,000.
K guys... I'm losing a TON of money on this car now. but I need it to go ASAP.

Any reasonable offers will be considered... But plz dont PM me asking to trade for your rusted out civic or anything like that.