PDA

View Full Version : A question to the SLK's...

van
07-15-2002, 12:22 PM
Howdy.

I'm doing this project in school and I was wondering if any or all of you could help me out at all. If not, it's okay I'll use another car if so, that'd be really really great.

Basically, I'm doing a car commercial and I thought I would use the SLK's as the feature car.

In doing so, showing how the SLK's can be used for sport and luxury.

I'm planning out the storyboard and what will go on in the scenes, umm, the project is due 2 weeks from Wednesday. My presentation is on Wednesday so I kind of want to know if anyone is up to this or not.

Like I said before, its not big deal if none of you can do this. I thought I'd just ask haha since y'all like driving a lot and everything.

Anyway, back to my boring lectures, peace.

Fluidic
07-15-2002, 12:47 PM
What school are you going too dude?

Peter

boi-alien
07-15-2002, 12:55 PM
he goes to AMTC

Fluidic
07-15-2002, 12:56 PM
Applied Multimedia Training & Design??

Really!!!? Sweet... I start in November.

What program are you in dude??

Do you like it there??

Peter

rage2
07-15-2002, 12:57 PM
I'm up for it... as long as I can have a copy of the completed DV source to add to my collection! We've got some really cool camera mounts that'll help you out as well.

Audi Kid
07-15-2002, 12:58 PM
hehe, rage u going for ice cream tonihgt?

rage2
07-15-2002, 12:59 PM
Probably not, have to finish detailing my car...

Audi Kid
07-15-2002, 01:03 PM
i ccc need some house cleaning done :rofl:

redline
07-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by rage2

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

boi-alien
07-15-2002, 03:36 PM

wanna do mine too man?! i'll buy u a bowl of pho! any size u want!! :D

rage2
07-15-2002, 05:47 PM
kenny already tricked me into doing his car... :thumbsdow

boi-alien
07-15-2002, 05:55 PM
kenny already tricked me into doing his car... :thumbsdow

well this is for renny!!! hehehe :thumbsup:

girlRACER
07-15-2002, 07:23 PM
I can help too but what exactly do you need. Are you filming our cars? :)

rage2
07-15-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I can help too but what exactly do you need. Are you filming our cars? :)

I think he's going to make a fake commercial using our cars...

van
07-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Yeah, what rage said.

I'm basically filming your cars with a digital camcorder in a sense making a commercial.

So car commercials you see on TV, well I'm going to replicate one of them but using your cool cars that I'll never have haha.

But if you're seriously interested in this, that's cool. I'll have my presentation done by tomorrow so I can submit to the art director and get it approved and stuff. When I do I'll post my Creative Brief here so you can see in detail what I'm going t odo and why I'm doing it.

Umm, the more the merrier! Ha! Why don't y'all just come out for fun anyway, haha, be nice to meet everyone!

But yeah, anyone who participates will get a copy of it. Lets hope that my Adobe Premiere skills are up to par so I can actually make it look like a real commercial hahaha.

Thanks in advance.

van
07-15-2002, 10:15 PM
Fluidic Digital.

How long have you been in the Multimedia scene?

I've been around for almost 6 years now, so I know a lot of the programs used as well as the coding used for them. You know, if you have a broad base of knowledge with Freehand (its like Illustrator), Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Director, Premiere, Quark Express, you should be fine.

I haven't opened up a text book since the day we started class and I've managed to be up at the top with everyone else. I guess its hard to say, its however much you know already.

The classes are nice, kind of boring but you learn a lot of you actually pay attention (unlike myself) so for me I teach myself it and sometimes watch the teacher.

It's a good school though, the things they do in the school is what the industry wants you to do/learn. They push you hard and push you fast so that you can keep up with the real industry even though when you're done you won't even be close to what the industry is like (super high-pace).

Just do your work and you should be fine. Remember, nobody gets higher than 88%, unless you'rea genius of course :P and failing mark is below 60% haha

Evan
07-15-2002, 10:21 PM
I'd be interested in seeing the final project ;) Sounds like fun, too bad I dont own an SLK :banghead:.

Superesc
07-15-2002, 10:46 PM
hit up www.designinmotion.com for some industry news and clips of commericals etc. Mad AfterEffect skills hehehe

van
07-15-2002, 11:35 PM
Oh yeah, btw, rage & girlRACER. If you two have any ideas as to what should be going on in this commercial by all means speak up. I mean, you two if you guys do it, will be the stars of the show! eepers!

I just watched some of the mercedes commercials wow, they're good! hahaha

boi-alien
07-15-2002, 11:46 PM
i'll come along.... with my crv!! heheh

rage2
07-15-2002, 11:56 PM
I've got a bunch of old Porsche commercials, really neat ideas as to what they do. Some of the stuff, we'll need a parking lot and permission to do some of the stunts =).

boi-alien
07-16-2002, 12:09 AM
I've got a bunch of old Porsche commercials, really neat ideas as to what they do. Some of the stuff, we'll need a parking lot and permission to do some of the stunts =).

hehehe i like the sound if this!!! :D i call dibs on shotgun in rage's car when he's doing his 'tricks' heheheh

van
07-16-2002, 12:10 AM
Ummm can one of you guys drive me, I don't think my beater can make it anywhere remote to do this stuff. RENNY!!! lol

Can you send me some of those vids dude?

van
07-16-2002, 04:49 PM
Alright so the Art Director gave me the go ahead on the project. Is there a specific time rage2 or girlRACER, you're free?

Oh by the way girlRACER, haha, I finally figured out who you are. Like I knew you from somewhere but I couldn't remember where but now I do. Everything clicks now, kind of funny how small our city is.

Anyways, yeah just give me a time when you guys are free, I have 2 weeks from tomorrow to complete the project. So i'm trying to get as much video as I can so I can make something out of it! something good! heh

boi-alien
07-16-2002, 04:51 PM
bring kenny out too... won't be the same slk family without him!

girlRACER
07-17-2002, 01:17 AM
Whenever is fine. I'm almost always free! Rage2 has the busier schedule with work and all.