PDA

View Full Version : How much for paint/installation of body kit?

99civic03
04-17-2003, 06:30 PM
I am looking into getting a full kit for my 99 Civic Si, so I was wondering how much it would cost to get the kit installed and painted. I have heard a few figures, $200-$700, but I really have no idea. Anyone who has paid a body shop to paint and install their kit before please let me know how much it cost. Thanks.

^SkylinE^
04-17-2003, 11:53 PM
Install your self and just find super cheap yet quality paint job!!
Hey anyone wanna paint my bumper for me!!! 'Just got it!!!

99civic03
04-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Yeah Im considering that, but where could I get a quality paint job for cheap? Rent a spray gun? Use that Duplicolor paint in cans that is for body kits, spoilers, and that kind of stuff?

Another question I had is how hard is it to install a kit, cus every major body kit site I have been to have these little disclaimers saying

"Due to the material used in production, the body kits will NOT be a direct bolt-on. These body kits may require prepping, sanding, shaving, filling gaps, or other extensive body work. These modifications may include removal or cutting of the reinforcement bars."

which kinda scares me off from installing it myself, and scares me off from getting a kit all together because of huge installation costs.

Anyone who has got a kit installed by a body shop before please let me know what the experience was like, how much it cost, and your general thoughts on kits. Thanks.

szw
04-18-2003, 01:30 AM
How bout you call a bodyshop and ask them?

chrisgushue
04-18-2003, 11:13 AM
it depends on the kit, urethane/fibreglass etc, and some fit perfect while the exact same kit wont

a_peep
04-18-2003, 12:15 PM
For a good job you're probably looking at $700-1000, depending on the ease of the install and quality of paint. Just go to a well recognized body shop that has install some bodykits already and see what they say.

SI-vic
04-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Fiberglass is a BITCH to install...
But with patience, its not that hardest thing to do.
Urethane is easy as 1-2-3.

a_peep
04-19-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic
Fiberglass is a BITCH to install...
But with patience, its not that hardest thing to do.
Urethane is easy as 1-2-3.

I'd have to say it depend on the fitment of the kit.:dunno:

EternalRage
04-19-2003, 09:04 PM
a lot of the kits require you to remove the re-inforcement, it isint a big deal, if you are super scared of installing it yourself, call a place like street heat, they do a awesome job, and they will do it for a decent price,

^SkylinE^
04-20-2003, 12:10 AM
I ajusted my kit by my self with a rotating drill sander to get rid of some extra fibergalss that mad it so that i my fornt kit wouldn't slide on all the way. I also need to go to my dads shop he has welders and all that i have to trim and fit my RE-bar so that the kit will go on but i NEED IT PAINTED!!!!