PDA

View Full Version : work out routine

pinoyboy99
08-10-2006, 11:53 AM
i haven't had a real hard work out for almost a year now, i use to have a workout routine but it was mainly for keeping fit during football season, now i want to lose weight , tone up and build my strength up

can i get some suggestions on any workout routine that would cover weight lose, ab workouts and strength builind (includes types of excersises and stretching techniques ) that could be done 4 or 5 days a week?

thx really appreciate it

1-Bar
08-10-2006, 12:09 PM
are you getting back into it? I mean, have you been attending regular at a gym?

FlamingC19
08-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Hey man Im not really trying to loose weight but I would reccomend this:

DAY 1: Start of with a 20 min run then stretch and get loose.
-Then work Chest and Back
-Once finished work abs.

Day 2: Same thing but work biceps and triceps

Day 3: Cardio day. Run or bike for like at least an hour.

Day 4: Same thing as day 1 and 2 but work shoulders and legs.

This may not be what you want but it is just a suggestion. Remember some of the most important things to do is to eat right, get a lot of rest between workouts, and drink a lot of water.

Tik-Tok
08-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Here's my old work-out regime, I've been told by a few trainers it's a good one.

Day#1

Chest
- Flat Bench Dumbell Press
- Flat Bench Dumbell Flye
- Barbell Bench Press

Triceps
-Overhead Extensions
-Cable Pushdowns

Shoulders
-Front Raises
-Lateral Raises

Abs
-Reverse Crunches

Cardio
-20-30 min. on treadmill

DAY#2

Back
- Pull to Front
-Cable Rows
-One Arm Dumbell rows

Biceps
-Alternating Curls
-Standing Bar Curls

Legs
-extensions
-curls
-leg presses
-calf raises

Abs
-Crunches
-Side Crunches

Cardio
-none

Day#3 same as #1
Day #4 same as #2
Day #5 Nothing

Repeat.

Wildcat
08-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Here's my old work-out regime, I've been told by a few trainers it's a good one.

Day#1

Chest
- Barbell Bench Press

Triceps
-Overhead Extensions
-Cable Pushdowns

Shoulders
-Front Raises
-Lateral Raises

Abs
-Reverse Crunches

Cardio
-20-30 min. on treadmill

DAY#2

Back
- Pull to Front
-Cable Rows
-One Arm Dumbell rows

Biceps
-Alternating Curls
-Standing Bar Curls

Legs
-extensions
-curls
-leg presses
-calf raises

Abs
-Crunches
-Side Crunches

Cardio
-none

Day#3 same as #1
Day #4 same as #2
Day #5 Nothing

Repeat.

thats probly the worst training split ive seen for some time now...

Tik-Tok
08-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

thats probly the worst training split ive seen for some time now...

meh :dunno:, worked well for me when I was on it, guess I've spoken to some bad trainers. Instead of just badmouthing mine, why don't you offer a better one?

5hift
08-10-2006, 12:36 PM

Day#1

Chest
- Barbell Bench Press

Triceps
-Overhead Extensions
-Cable Pushdowns

Shoulders
-Front Raises
-Lateral Raises

Abs
-Reverse Crunches

Cardio
-20-30 min. on treadmill

DAY#2

Back
- Pull to Front
-Cable Rows
-One Arm Dumbell rows

Biceps
-Alternating Curls
-Standing Bar Curls

Legs
-extensions
-curls
-leg presses
-calf raises

Abs
-Crunches
-Side Crunches

Cardio
-none

Day#3 same as #1
Day #4 same as #2
Day #5 Nothing

Repeat.

So which 'trainers' told you this workout is pretty good? To me it looks like misguided overkill.

-You ever heard of a compound exercise? Your workout doesnt include a single chinup, pullup, deadlift, squat or dip.

-Just like anything else, your abs are a muscle group. Why do you work them daily but all your other muscle groups you alternate?

- Front and side shoulder lifts are nothing but a joke and a rotator cuff waiting to be injured. The focus of your shoulder workout (if you want them bigger and stronger) should be overhead pressing.

Tik-Tok
08-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

So which 'trainers' told you this workout is pretty good? To me it looks like misguided overkill.

-You ever heard of a compound exercise? Your workout doesnt include a single chinup, pullup, deadlift, squat or dip.

-Just like anything else, your abs are a muscle group. Why do you work them daily but all your other muscle groups you alternate?

- Front and side shoulder lifts are nothing but a joke and a rotator cuff waiting to be injured. The focus of your shoulder workout (if you want them bigger and stronger) should be overhead pressing.

Freelance ones... (maybe they were misguiding me so I wouldn't see results and come pay them?)

Abs: Because I hate working abs, lol.

All I'm saying is it worked for me, someone who wasn't looking to build huge muscle, but was looking for tone, and weight loss, and it did just that. Maybe not the most 100% effective way, but for someone who wasn't into hardcore work outs it was an easy 1 to 1-1/2 hour work out.

Once again, please offer a better routine, just badmouthing mine isn't helping the original poster.

Smokem
08-10-2006, 12:48 PM
look for a book called "Mens Body Sculpting" - has a pic of a guy doing a curl... it has three different programs, a mass generator, weight loss and hybrid hard body, has full meal/caloric values needed, written by a doctor too, this is a very good book that has given me results

pinoyboy99
08-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
are you getting back into it? I mean, have you been attending regular at a gym?

ya i started gettting back at it last week but i only got a chance to go to the gym once due to work but now i have more time and i kinda get a routine going again

ashee
08-10-2006, 11:48 PM
You should get a trainer, it's well worth the money.
My trainer's awesome.

cityhunter2501
08-11-2006, 12:17 AM
here's what my work out routine supposed to be:

Monday - Chest/Arms

Dumbbell Pressing/Flat Bench
Dumbbell Pressing/Incline Bench
Dumbbell Flies/Flat Bench

The flies are simply used to stretch your chest out, and shouldn't be used to kill yourself. You need to stretch chest after a hard chest session

Biceps/Triceps Super Setted Set1
Bicep Standing Barbell Curls , Tricep Pull Downs on Machine

Biceps/Triceps Super Setted Set2
Concetrated Dumbbell Preacher Curls, Tricep Rope pulldowns on Machine

Biceps/Triceps Super Setted Set3
Machine Curls Biceps, Tricep Scull Crusher

Tuesday - Shoulders

Shoulder Dubbell Pressing Seated 90 Degrees

Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises Seated

Cable Cross Overs (Lying on back with left cable in right hand, right cable in left.)... Delt Exercise

Stomach
Legs raises (lying on bench flat) Legs raised to 45 degree angle
Inclined situps with medicene ball

Wednesday - Back

Wide Grip Lateral Pulldowns

Inner Rowing

Inner Pull Downs

Trapezium Exercise Holding a dumbbell in each hand... standing and shrugging (holding at top of shrug for 2 seconds)

Friday - Chest/Arms

Flat Bench Press (benching bar 20kg Olympic bar included in weight)

Incline Benching

Dumbbell Flies/Flat Bench

Biceps/Triceps Super Setted Set1

Biceps/Triceps Super Setted Set2

Biceps/Triceps Super Setted Set3

only got to do it for 2 weeks, but then had to stop cause was busy.
once school starts, I'm planning to add some cardio routine and legs excercises though.

Wildcat
08-11-2006, 01:53 PM

meh :dunno:, worked well for me when I was on it, guess I've spoken to some bad trainers. Instead of just badmouthing mine, why don't you offer a better one?

my advice is worth money, so no hahaha. but the best advice i can give you for free is to get a trainer.

jumperman8
08-11-2006, 03:52 PM

Alot if people only do compound lifting if they are doing olympic weight training.

As for Front and Side shoulder lifts, you must have never done them, because i know personally i superset them into my back and bi day and have seen incredible results.

Other then that i really actually agree with your point of view on the routine at hand.

5hift
08-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8

Alot if people only do compound lifting if they are doing olympic weight training.

As for Front and Side shoulder lifts, you must have never done them, because i know personally i superset them into my back and bi day and have seen incredible results.

Other then that i really actually agree with your point of view on the routine at hand.

Compound lifting is doing exercises that use multiple groups of muscles at the same time (i.e squats, deadlifts, bench, dips , chins , etc). The reason you see a lot of olympic weight lifters doing compound exericses is because unlike the majority of the curl jockeys you find in gyms, these guys know what they are doing.

As for front and side shoulder lifts, I used to do them, back when I was clueless. Join a weightlifting forum like WBB where people actually know what they are talking about and ask if front and side shoulder lifts are good for your rotator cuffs.

Its hard not to laugh when I look at these routines. CityHunter is just as confused as tik tok. Everybody does overkill on the arms and completely ignores the legs saying i'll get to them later, even though the majority of your muscle mass is in your legs.

jumperman8
08-11-2006, 04:39 PM

Compound lifting is doing exercises that use multiple groups of muscles at the same time (i.e squats, deadlifts, bench, dips , chins , etc). The reason you see a lot of olympic weight lifters doing compound exericses is because unlike the majority of the curl jockeys you find in gyms, these guys know what they are doing.

As for front and side shoulder lifts, I used to do them, back when I was clueless. Join a weightlifting forum like WBB where people actually know what they are talking about and ask if front and side shoulder lifts are good for your rotator cuffs.

Its hard not to laugh when I look at these routines. CityHunter is just as confused as tik tok. Everybody does overkill on the arms and completely ignores the legs saying i'll get to them later, even though the majority of your muscle mass is in your legs.

Sorry i made it sound like i really have no idea what im talking about. My older brother is a personal trainer for a Div 1 college basketball team down south, so i just get him to give me routines etc. But i agree, LEGS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT

Beach muscles look nice and girls might like them, but your legs is where you will see mass gain. I worked out before i knew what i was doing, and i seemed to be stuck at a certain weight, couldnt gain any more, no matter how much protien etc i ate, then i did legs and within 2 months of hard leg work outs, i gained 10 pounds.

Legs are so key to so many different routines.