PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Drafters

Super_Geo
08-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Hey guys,

The company I work for is looking to hire more drafters. It is a smaller EPCM (engineering consulting) company located in the heart of downtown Calgary (right on the c-train line!). Primary clientelle are all the big oil/gas producers (EnCana, Pioneer, Quicksilver, Luke-Connacher, etc, etc).

The name of the company will remain confidential at the moment. Please PM me if you are interested with your work experience, education, etc. Compensation is based on experience, of course. Health plan is pretty cush... I'm sure not complaining about my bi-weekly massages!

Super_Geo
08-10-2006, 01:21 PM
A few questions asked in PMs that I guess I should probably post up

Programs used:
ProCAD2004
CADWorks2004

Size of company:
~100 people

Type of drafting:
Mostly pipelines, P&IDs, well gathering systems, isometrics pipeline and instrumentation coming from wellhead to their tie-in points, etc etc

Super_Geo
08-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks to the people who responded. Further clarification: Experience is necessary! At least a year, but the more the merrier. Pay is quite competitive (expect 40+K).

Lex350
08-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Thanks to the people who responded. Further clarification: Experience is necessary! At least a year, but the more the merrier. Pay is quite competitive (expect 40+K).

40k isn't going to get you many candidates for drafters these days.

88CRX
08-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by rotten42

40k isn't going to get you many candidates for drafters these days.

:werd:

maybe a student with zero experience

Super_Geo
08-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Really? I don't know what the drafting department pays so I was guessing based on what my buddy who 2 yeas of experience is getting, with 40k being the low-end and assuming +10k/year. He just passed 60k a few months ago, and I don't know how that ranks in the ol' world of drafting, but yeah... haha I was asked for a ballpark figure and didn't want to overshoot my estimate and have disappointed people on my hands ;)

energieboi
08-21-2006, 09:26 AM
I have a friend just got off from Sait and he is interested to get in please let me know.