PDA

View Full Version : The Official Buyin From Ebay And Save On Shippin

Pages : [1] 2

funkedelic
08-11-2006, 03:08 AM
when i first went on ebay i bid on a lot of things and when i told them to ship it to canada they got me pretty good, it funny how they charge 10x more to ship it to canada.

so anyways i used this method lots of times when buying anything from the u.s, esspecially larger items that would be expensive to ship to Canada.

so this is what i did:
on my ebay account i changed my PRIMARY ADDRESS to this

RAF Express Parcel Service
c/o Your Name here
200 Americana Ave
Sweetgrass, MT

you can call everyweek and ask to see if your items arrived

@ Phone: (406) 335-3445 contact name: Roger

heres their web site
web (http://www.farrow.com/directory.php)

thats the address it gets shiped to.
the guy who runs the warehouse is the nicest guy ever he only charges like $5 per for whatever you buy, you can have 1 or 10 packages there.

where is this place?

well heres the best part
so you drive to sweetgrass/coutts border and go to us customs let them do there shit, their "random" inspection this only applies for colored people

so just tell the officer your going to get car parts at the warehouse and that your not really going to be in the states no more than 20mins
so the border officer lets you in the states the you turn around do a u turn and head back to canadian but go as close as you can to the fence and park in front of an office a little building and that where you get your parts make sure the items are there when you go and get them. so call before you leave.

to make life easier for you heres the us/canada customs
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/91latintegra/100_0964.jpg

the office
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/91latintegra/100_0967.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/91latintegra/100_0965.jpg

the warehouse
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/91latintegra/100_0966.jpg

it so easy and i hope you take advantage of this

funkedelic
08-11-2006, 03:10 AM
ahh and if thurrs any typos fuck you its 3 in the mornig

the_new_santa1
08-11-2006, 03:18 AM
omg man, this is th greatest thing ever I think ur a great guy for sharing this...how long of a drive to here from Calgary...?

funkedelic
08-11-2006, 03:36 AM
map (http://local.live.com/default.aspx?wip=2&v=2&style=r&rtp=~&&msnurl=home.aspx?%26redirect%3dfalse&msnculture=en-US)

i usally go down there when i have 3 or more items to pick up that way you just make one trip its not worth it if you just have one item and your saving like 50 dollars but spending 60 in gas so its better to go when you know its worth your while.

SilverBoost
08-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Not to piss on your parade, but nobody who only does an order here and there on eBay is going to spend 8 hours and $200 in gas to go to the border and back to save $20 on a package.

The only people that this would be of advantage to are people who live with an hours drive of the border or guy who buy tons of stuff from the US, in which case this isn't going ot be any secret for them because they've already got a US shipping address.

I have a friend who has a parts business and he has a holding warehouse across the border and has been doing this for years. But it's worth it to him becuase he has thousands of dollars worth in parts every month and lives a stones throw away from the border.

likwid
08-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
Not to piss on your parade, but nobody who only does an order here and there on eBay is going to spend 8 hours and $200 in gas to go to the border and back to save $20 on a package.

The only people that this would be of advantage to are people who live with an hours drive of the border or guy who buy tons of stuff from the US, in which case this isn't going ot be any secret for them because they've already got a US shipping address.

I have a friend who has a parts business and he has a holding warehouse across the border and has been doing this for years. But it's worth it to him becuase he has thousands of dollars worth in parts every month and lives a stones throw away from the border.
:werd:

Crymson
08-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Is there someone in Calgary who makes a weekly run in a pickup to get a bunch of stuff for others? It may be a waste of time for one person to run down, but if there is 20 of us, and 1 person makes the run every month or something, we could definately make it worth his while.

whiskas
08-11-2006, 09:23 AM
It's not only for saving on shipping. There are a lot of stores that simply won't ship to Canada. Amazon.com comes to mind, this way you get USA only items for dirt cheap.

Is there a limit to how long they'll store your parcel?

Strider
08-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Can I ship a car there? :D

funkedelic
08-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic
map (http://local.live.com/default.aspx?wip=2&v=2&style=r&rtp=~&&msnurl=home.aspx?%26redirect%3dfalse&msnculture=en-US)

i usally go down there when i have 3 or more items to pick up that way you just make one trip its not worth it if you just have one item and your saving like 50 dollars but spending 60 in gas so its better to go when you know its worth your while.

like i said before only if its worth you while

keep in mind i only live 50 minutes to the border

this is good if your buyin rims, bodykits, hoods because shipping to canada is around 350us each

frozenrice
08-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Ah! When I started ebyaing, I thought it'd be great if someone had some sort of service like that. Especially on auction items in which they won't ship to Canada. I've seen quite a few deals only to find the arrogant fags won't ship to Canada. I think I found my loophole. Thanks for the tip!!

Team_Mclaren
08-17-2006, 01:41 AM
wow thats amazing, I jsut ordered some rims and they only ship US. is there anything importnat for me to do? Do you have any more pics? I have never driven across the boarder before.

Do i just call the warehouse to tell them a package is comming in for me?

gpomp
08-17-2006, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Ah! When I started ebyaing, I thought it'd be great if someone had some sort of service like that. Especially on auction items in which they won't ship to Canada. I've seen quite a few deals only to find the arrogant fags won't ship to Canada. I think I found my loophole. Thanks for the tip!!
or the ones that charge an extra $40 to ship a toothpick to canada.

Lo)2enz0
08-17-2006, 02:00 AM
personally i think the $60 of gas is worth it. you save on shipping and than customs on top of that. this is awsome esspecially for rims or anything high in value

Team_Mclaren
08-17-2006, 02:11 AM
i think the gas is totolly worth it. especially when they wont ship to canada and its a super rare item.

anyone else used it that can give me some pointers?

Palmiros
08-17-2006, 02:19 AM
Hm.. sounds good..
If anyone else is going down there.. post here, might get a good deal :dunno:

CK4500
08-17-2006, 02:28 AM
So are you on the Canadian side, or the US side when you park by the fence?

BTW, I've been doing this sort of thing for years on ebay, but I always have my high priced items sent to a post office addressed to ME @ General Delivery (Hold for pick up). The they actually call my number when the stuff arrives. Bit of a pain in the ass, but there are some great little Montana towns to visit. If you are looking for some real fun, pick your shit up in Kalipsell MT! The drive after crossing the boarder is awesome! Mountain roads are great!

frozenrice
08-17-2006, 06:57 AM
It just occured to me yesterday...what do you do/ tell the border guard when you come back? Don't you usualy have to make a claim of some sort and possibly pay duties/customs on some items?

umreeka91
08-17-2006, 07:11 AM
great deal if your white!

scat19
08-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
It just occured to me yesterday...what do you do/ tell the border guard when you come back? Don't you usualy have to make a claim of some sort and possibly pay duties/customs on some items? :werd:

Xtrema
08-17-2006, 01:57 PM
So either seller ship by USPS or don't buy.

Simple as that.

bspot
08-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by umreeka91
great deal if your white!

:rofl: :rofl:

Team_Mclaren
08-24-2006, 02:49 AM
I just called today and my rims arrived!!:clap: :clap: I also ordered another package that should arrive in 3 days. I talked to the guy, his name is roger, extrememly nice guy. I'm going to make my way down sometime next week to pick my stuff up.

anyone has any advice on bringing all that package back from the states? What/how do they charge you?

gpomp
08-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
anyone has any advice on bringing all that package back from the states? What/how do they charge you? bring a white guy?

funkedelic
09-09-2006, 01:47 PM
just came back from the states warehouse there open on saturdays from 7-10 am
anyways brought back 6 items from ebay saved a shit load on shiping spent 20 on gas.

i forgot to mention dont forget to bring a recipt just print it out on your computer. like the ebay invoice.

funkedelic
09-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I just called today and my rims arrived!!:clap: :clap: I also ordered another package that should arrive in 3 days. I talked to the guy, his name is roger, extrememly nice guy. I'm going to make my way down sometime next week to pick my stuff up.

anyone has any advice on bringing all that package back from the states? What/how do they charge you?

did you get your rims?

for every $500 its $20 tax duty

pinoyhero
09-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by likwid

:werd:

He could have been nicer about it but I agree.

barbarian
09-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Too bad Calgary isn't located at the intersection of Highways 2 and 3, instead of the 1.5 hours north of there where it is.

Team_Mclaren
09-20-2006, 10:22 PM
A little update since some people were talking about buying items from the stats and get them ship to montana VS calgary.

My item was 650US, I paid 98CAD in tax and duty (item was made in japan). The guy there was extremely nice, he charged me 10US to hold a set of rims+tires+ another set of tires (all huge boxes) for a month. Took me approx 3 hours to get down there.

notes:
- Tell US coustoms that you are only going to be in US for a few mins, to pick up a package (tell them the actual item you are getting.) They should have no problem letting you in. Me and my friend had our Cad passports with us, I think that's the easiest way. (we are both chinese, so he actually walked outside the booth to check my car, told me to unlock the doors, trunk etc.)
- When you return to Canada, tell them what you brought back, show them your invoice(s) if they ask. (remember to PRINT OFF YOUR INVOICES!!! VERY IMPORTANT). when you see the guy at the window, tell him the EXACT amount. I thought they were just going to est. so I told him 600US instead of 650US, as soon as I walk in the office to pay I got in huge shit with the guy inside. They have every right to take away the good if you lie to them.
- I ended up paying 98CAD duty + tax on them. Which is around 14% of the total value.
- Gas costed me around 100 for the entire trip for my freaking huge boat!!! (Acura Legend)

Phuqu
10-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Do you have to let them know ahead of time what will be arriving there?

Or do you just send items there and call them when you think it arrives?

I sure would like them to know when I'm sending something there.

If they don't care it must be interesting to see what shows up there everyday.

Looks like I may need to do a run.

Arthur Dent
11-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Anyone used this lately? I just tried calling but no answer. :dunno:

I need to get a motor, seats and some tires in.

Arthur Dent
11-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Ok I got a hold of them - seems the new number is 406-335-3448

Arthur Dent
12-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Well I did it - easy to do. My motor ended up going to a FedEx warehouse since he can't take big items like that. $20 to put the motor into my truck. $6 for the holding the seats for a week and a half. Btw - TireRack will NOT send stuff to a warehouse - stupid idiots protecting UPS brokerage fees.

Team_Mclaren
12-12-2006, 12:29 PM
I never told tirerack that im sending stuff to a warehouse, i told them its going to "this address" and they sent it there. I had no problem with tirerack sendng to montana at all.

slick2404
12-12-2006, 12:39 PM
^hey team_mclaren, how much did you save over all..seems like you brought back alot of stuff.

Team_Mclaren
12-12-2006, 12:54 PM
well i didnt really 'save" on anything, the main reason why i had my rims shipped there was because they wont ship to Canada AT ALL. And i really wanted those rims. And since i'll have to make a trip down to pick up the rims anyway, i ordered a set of tires from tirerack and have them shipped there too. Shipping within US for a set of tires from tirerack was 44US. They normally charge 80-90US to ship to Canada.
In addition, i didnt have to pay any brokage fee from UPS, which can be outrangous sometimes.

To sum it up. Just the set of tires i got from tirerack.
I saved 40US on shipping + whatever UPS wants to rape me for brokage.
Total gas used was around 100CAN (And i drive a huge car). So now you understand how i didnt really "save" on anything. But if i have to do it over again, i would.

Toms-SC
12-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Very cool, good thread. :thumbsup:

Arthur Dent
12-14-2006, 05:39 PM
I never told tirerack that im sending stuff to a warehouse, i told them its going to "this address" and they sent it there. I had no problem with tirerack sendng to montana at all.

My credit card address didn't match the delivery address - that is why they'd didn't go for it. When did you do yours?

New2Talon
12-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Why can't you just say your shipping it to a friend who lives in the states, but you are footing the bill?

BTW This is AWESOME! Im going to save a few hundred $$ :D :D

Team_Mclaren
12-15-2006, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Arthur Dent

My credit card address didn't match the delivery address - that is why they'd didn't go for it. When did you do yours?

well theres a shipping address, and then theres a billing address right? You can also pay then have it shipped somewhere else. They never asked me any questions. I did it in August.

GiXxXie
12-16-2006, 12:08 AM
I dont understand how this is worth doing.

You spend the money on gas to get there which is about a 3 hour drive on average, you cross the border..get your stuff..

Are you declaring it? and paying duty on it?
Because if you are doing a loop at the border you have to decalre everything dont you? And you have to have all receipts?

My mom lives in Great Falls MT, I go see her every month and usually bring stuff back with me..and they are super sticky at the coutts border comming back in to Canada.
Especially when you are bringing back parts.
Ive had my whole truck checked one time when I was going through. I was bringing back a bike exhaust and a helmet, I didnt have receipts for them cause I bought them on ebay.( I gave them an estimated price)
So they seized my things and then I had to buy them back at 20% of retail value.
At first it was going to be 80% of their value ..but I whined and they brought it down...

Anyway have your stuff ready when you are crossing the border...you dont wanna run into something like that!

Team_Mclaren
12-16-2006, 12:44 AM
The service is mostly for buying from companies that under any cirumstances WILL NOT ship to Canada.
Even with ebay you do get a receipt. Just print off the paypal page or even the auction page and the customs will have no problem going with those numbers.

and yes, lying about the value is probably the worst thing you can do. I nearly got my stuff seized as well because i didnt tell them the EXACT value at the window even though i showed him my receipt inside where you pay. So be extremely careful when yu declare your parts.

GiXxXie
12-16-2006, 01:01 AM
I know now about printing the receipt off from ebay.
Never thought of it then..this happened like 2 years ago.

I never lied about the value of the products, they were just being ass hats and did that.

They were giving me a hard time because i didnt have a receipt

Arthur Dent
12-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Indeed there is - they said the addresses didn't match so they wouldn't send it - I got a call 30 seconds after placing the order. Might be something new. I'll bet UPS is pressuring them.

Sharpie
12-30-2006, 06:26 PM
I got a couple of questions, if you just buy some stuff off some random joe off a forum what do you use for an invoice?

And is anyone going in a couple weeks that could bring back 2 rear seats?

dubs20
12-30-2006, 06:52 PM
props to the guy who made this forum!!

Arthur Dent
12-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
I got a couple of questions, if you just buy some stuff off some random joe off a forum what do you use for an invoice?

And is anyone going in a couple weeks that could bring back 2 rear seats?

I bought an engine off a guy from a forum - he send an invoice he printed up and signed in the package. Went smoothly. Get them to put dollar amounts on it though.

Dope Dealer
02-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Does this still work? Is anyone going down there soon? I am wanting to buy a bumper and ship it there, but I am not allowed into the USA.

RX_EVOLV
02-09-2007, 07:00 PM
so do you have to contact them ahead of time that you are using their address to send stuff their way? or can you just start using the address to send stuff there and call in a couple of days to see if it arrived

Arthur Dent
02-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Just sent it there then call to see when its in. You have to go into the US side to pick it up.

RX_EVOLV
02-16-2007, 10:15 AM
ok I want to use this service to receive a front bumper.

I called the phone number in the first post, and some guy named Ryan ( I think?) picked up. So I asked if this is Alberta Parcel Service, and he told me to call the Custom Service 355-9605. I called that and the number been disconnected.

I then called the 2nd number posted somewhere down the first page by Arthur Dent and I only got fax machine.

Any other number I can try?

Dayclone
02-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Buy a house close to the boarder and start a company in Calgary :D simple as that hehe...

But seriously it's a waste of time spending your day driving back and forth across the border just to pick a parcel.

Steve

Team_Mclaren
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Dayclone
Buy a house close to the boarder and start a company in Calgary :D simple as that hehe...

But seriously it's a waste of time spending your day driving back and forth across the border just to pick a parcel.

Steve

wow you dont fucking read do you?

RX_EVOLV
02-16-2007, 11:57 AM
in my case there are actually two advantages from shipping it to that place instead of to my house.

Not only was the shipping rate ~ 40% cheaper but also another 20% cheaper for shipping to a Business address vs residental. Plus I can avoid paying brokage fee.

funkedelic
02-16-2007, 12:14 PM
ask for roger

project240
02-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Does anybody know what hours they are open and a current phone number? I tried calling #s listed... no response.

I'm on my way to Vegas Friday (coming back the following Friday), will be coming back this way, but I don't really want to delay the trip back if they aren't open when I'm coming through.

R-Audi
02-28-2007, 04:08 PM
I posted a step by step how to a year or so back.. search Sweetgrass Montana.. I had my stuff sent to the UPS holding center.

Original Post (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88766&highlight=sweetgrass)

project240
02-28-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm just looking for the hours...

RX_EVOLV
02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
I called this number and it works " 406-335-3448"
I have a full body kit going that way, will figure out how well this works when the kit arrive.

RX_EVOLV
03-05-2007, 09:39 PM
alright just went to pickup the kit today. Things didn't go as smoothly as I hoped. Roger called me last week saying my package has arrived via UPS, so I told him i will come back it up this week.

I drove down there today, went to the office, and Roger wasn't at work!! The other two guys have absolutely no idea whats going on but Steve showed me to the warehouse anyway. He asked me if I have a car... i said yes. ( duh) and he said ok lets drive down to the ware house because its too muddy. Fine, so we got into the car and I asked him " soo... which way should I go.." and he said " I have no idea.. I was hoping you would know..." WTF?? how am I suppose to know how to get down to YOUR warehouse.

Anyway, I couldn't find the package in the warehouse and Steve has absolutely no idea where it could be and told me to come back tomorrow when Roger is working.

I said screw that and went to the UPS warehouse to see if it might be there because Roger said UPS dropped off the package. After 30 mins of searching they couldn't find any record of any package for me. I went into this panic mode, cell phone has absolutely no reception in this shitty town, so I decided to give up and just come back another time.

On my way back to the Canada boarder I decided to ask Steve to borrow his office phone so I can call and ask which shipping company the shop used. Then while I was talking to Steven, tommy ( the other guy) said all their oversize item are sent to FedEx!!

Great! so I ran over to fedex office, they point me to the warehouse. I got there and it was closed! ( close at 4pm, I got there @ 4:10pm) I really got pissed off because I do not want to drive another 6 hours back to this shitty town.

So I went back to the FedEx office and asked if there is anything they can do. The guy said he will try to do his best and finally got someone to open the warehouse for me. I thought great, these people are pretty nice. As soon as I saw the lady at the warehouse she asked " you are aware of the close out fee right?" .. i said no.. and she explained its $50 USD on top of the $20 holding fee. ( so much for giving them $2).

Anyway I bitched again how Steve got me running all over town, and she waived the fee.

Somehow that took almost 2.5 hours. The lesson here is.. if you are sending Big items, just have them sent str8 to UPS or fedex warehouse.. and remember they close at 4pm!

otherwise the process was Very very smooth. They didn't search my car at all @ the boarder ( young chinese guy). In fact the guy gave me direction to the warehouse. And on my way back they didn't ook at the stuff I'm bringing back. The guy even joked about how expensive shipping is and how my duty fee was " six thousand eight hundred.... PENNIES"

It cost almost ~$80 in gas + misc.. on top of the $20 USD holding.. not sure if this is worth doing for items they can be shipped via AIR mail.

DonJuan
03-05-2007, 10:33 PM
this sounds pretty sweet, I'm gonna try it! I was gonna buy some a couple sets of rims so this sounds sweeet!

pattyt
03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Is there something like this around Toronto? It would save me so much money!

Team_Mclaren
04-01-2007, 11:44 AM
anyone need anything taking back? or going there anytime soon? I have another set of rims comming in a week or so. I can either share the gas cost if someone go and pick them up for me or I can go get someting for you guys for a small fee. Thanks

2002civic
04-02-2007, 01:18 PM
anyone need anything taking back? or going there anytime soon? I have another set of rims comming in a week or so. I can either share the gas cost if someone go and pick them up for me or I can go get someting for you guys for a small fee. Thanks
pm'd

banned3x
04-04-2007, 01:47 AM
yeah im going there this week too

Team_Mclaren
04-07-2007, 05:28 PM
^^ next week when? i really dont wanna go so if you can pick them up for me that would be great, i only have a set of rims no tires. But i dont think they'll get there for like 7 days

funkedelic
04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi I called all my stuff is there if any one wants mw to bring stuff acroos the border you need to send me an email stating that you give me permission to bring it across.
My email is davidjonatan@hotmail. So I'm going today they close at nine. And also he said a set of rims arrived and lots of auto parts arrived today so hurry up before I leave

Team_Mclaren
04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
pmed

banned3x
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
ok maybe this is easier get a piece of paper and write down on paper that you give me permission to bring the stuff across the border with your contact info and name and stuff also you need to send me a fax of the bill for the item or like the ebay one sayin your the wiinig bidder and how much the bid was for ect

fax it to this number Fax: (403) 320-6676 if you cant fax it then email both papers to me because i need the bill of sale and permission slip

Team_Mclaren
04-12-2007, 04:14 PM
ok, im confuse, who needs this info, pm me asap i can send it to whoever that can bring me my rims

Dayclone
04-12-2007, 04:28 PM
There's no point in savin a few bucks on shipping... I rather pay a few bucks more to get it delivered to my house rather than drive to the border and do all the mumbo jumbo crap but that's my opinion. One thing does it save you from Custom charges or anything?

Steve

Team_Mclaren
04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone
There's no point in savin a few bucks on shipping... I rather pay a few bucks more to get it delivered to my house rather than drive to the border and do all the mumbo jumbo crap but that's my opinion. One thing does it save you from Custom charges or anything?

Steve

READ THE FUCKING THREAD HOLY SHIT. ARE YOU RETARDED

spec c
04-12-2007, 05:01 PM

READ THE FUCKING THREAD HOLY SHIT. ARE YOU RETARDED

LOL! being a mod on here you should know by now that people dont read. How many F/S threads have you seen where the buyer is asked to pm the seller or says its sold and people still post in the thread.

All in all this is a good idea for more than stated above. You do save more than people think. when a shipping company includes duty in the charge, they add a smaller % fee in there for paying that duty. if you look at your bills and see what you've been charged for duty and what you paid in total you will see its not the 6.1%(us made items) like it would be had you paid it when driving it across yourself. Not to mention that shipping litterally doubles when your item crosses the border, you get raped in the asshole worse if you ship with ups. my last shipped item(HID) came from montana. shipped to another city in montana was 15 bucks, shipped to cali was 21, shipped to calgary 51? WTF? and no that did not include the duties. these companies rack up on rates when the actual item hits the border. i would too cuz they're a pain in the ass to deal with, esp since only 15% of the workers are white.

2002civic
04-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
I called this number and it works " 406-335-3448"
I have a full body kit going that way, will figure out how well this works when the kit arrive.
i called this number a cpl times and there was no answer, what are there hours of operation?

funkedelic
04-27-2007, 03:14 PM
hey i got your rims and should bring them up this weekend for the cruise and the hours are from 1pm-9pm and saturday 7-10 am

ClayMan
05-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Anyone know of a similar service near Toronto? (e.g. Buffalo, Niagara Falls, etc.)

Arthur Dent
05-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic

i called this number a cpl times and there was no answer, what are there hours of operation?

just try a couple times. He'll stay open some evenings if you let him know when you are coming.

Talies R
07-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Has anyone tried this service lately?

banned3x
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
yea i have some stuff down there already have to go pick it up

banned3x
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
im going there pretty soon again anybody need anything from there?

bbcustoms
01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Is anyone making a trip anytime soon?
There is something I want to buy but it isnt worth the trip.
I dont mind chipping in gas money.
Small package, 10lbs, 2' x 6" x 6" $70 value US

PM me or call
Bob 399-5844
Thanks

banned3x
02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
ahh just got back from there on the 30th shit sorry man going back really soon next week for sure.

2002civic
02-07-2008, 01:49 PM
still roger and same addy and everything for APS?

dr_jared88
03-03-2008, 09:20 PM
anybody going down there any time soon? If so pm. I have a larger item i'd like sent there

bituerbo
03-03-2008, 09:24 PM
LOL this would be a great way to have someone be your drug mule.

Reap
03-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I'd like to ship some rims at the beginning of April there, is this warehouse still working and everything?

dr_jared88
03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo

Shhhhhhush... I don't want others to take from my business :D

gpomp
03-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Reap
I'd like to ship some rims at the beginning of April there, is this warehouse still working and everything? call them and ask.

KuruptEX
03-03-2008, 10:22 PM
im also interested in sending rims there i'll call tomorrow to see
if they will let us store

climer
03-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo

I've got a few containers of flour that need transporting.
:bigpimp:

86_lude_86
03-03-2008, 11:28 PM
^^^bahhahaha thats awesome. tell customs that. "just shipping some flour!" ahah
so i did read the thread and about how much are duties and stuff i havent really bought to much from the states but seeing tires from diffrent websites. i know tirerack will only ship to the boarded but there are a couple others that will ship in canada and just wondering if it would be worth the duties and shipping to drive down.

funkedelic
03-04-2008, 08:53 AM
last time we were there we picked up some "bodybuilding suppliments" or something along those lines for 2002civic, don't know because we didn't really look in the box. But the border guards sure did.

We had the entire car searched, they padded us down and went through my phone and even checked behind the rim of the hats we were wearing. Went through every single box we brought over and just tossed everything on the floor, we are always talking about how easy it would be to actually smuggle drugs, i guess they kind of read our minds. Luckily we had paperwork for everything but fuck do i ever hate going through there, esspecially since im not white :D

climer
03-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 86_lude_86
so i did read the thread and about how much are duties and stuff i havent really bought to much from the states but seeing tires from diffrent websites. i know tirerack will only ship to the boarded but there are a couple others that will ship in canada and just wondering if it would be worth the duties and shipping to drive down.

With the strength of our dollar paired with the cost of gasoline these days, I don't think it's worth the drive to Montana to pick up some parts unless you were combining it with a vacation in Waterton or something.

Even if you drive a hybrid or a Fit, you're still putting around 500km on your car and occupying 6+ hrs of your time.

I'd rather bend over and take it from UPS than go through the hassles of driving to Coutts. :)

iamkorean
03-06-2008, 04:01 PM
lol but if your item is like $1000 its worth shipping it to a custom broker than shipping thru ups...
i work at a imported goods warehouse, and this is what my boses to, they got a broker in sweet grass and when they receive them they just forward it on dhl..
it save like couple hundred dollars, if i thin value of the shipment is i think over $1200
there is a broker called world wide customs, in sweet grass thats who we use, they also got a office in calgary as well..

benyl
03-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by climer

With the strength of our dollar paired with the cost of gasoline these days, I don't think it's worth the drive to Montana to pick up some parts unless you were combining it with a vacation in Waterton or something.

Even if you drive a hybrid or a Fit, you're still putting around 500km on your car and occupying 6+ hrs of your time.

I'd rather bend over and take it from UPS than go through the hassles of driving to Coutts. :)

The whole point of this is to get items where the shipper will NOT ship to Canada. Read the thread.

climer
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by benyl

The whole point of this is to get items where the shipper will NOT ship to Canada. Read the thread.

Did you read the quote I responded to?

I responded to someone who asked if it was worth driving to the border as opposed to paying duty and shipping fees.

funkedelic
03-06-2008, 11:26 PM
it may not be worth it to you calgarians but it is very worth it to those that live in lethbridge and surrounding towns, two hour drive to get there and back.

Thehonger8
04-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey guys anyone one made a trip down there lately?
I just called them and got their warehouse number. The number is 406-335-2448.
I want send rims and some body parts there, but I am not sure if it is worth it or not.

Also can you just send it to the UPS warehouse still?

climer
05-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Any updates? Anyone use this service recently?

I'm thinking of buying a set of long tube headers and I can save $200+ by sending them to Coutts. Will definitely be worth the drive if they're still offering this service.

adam c
05-12-2008, 09:08 AM
i checked their website any they seem to have 2 different addresses to send items to?

I emailed them but never received a reply. the item I am buying is pretty small so I don't want it getting lost in transit

anyone know which address I am supposed to use?