PDA

View Full Version : 10+ cop cars blocking off roads for bikes?

Hash_man
08-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Was waiting for the turn light going from Heritage Dr. to Blackfoot Tr today and all of a sudden like 3 undercover grand marquis came flying around the corner from southbound blackfoot onto westbound heritage lights and sirens going. They blocked off some of the side streets, then some undercover explorers came flying around, one of them blocked off the intersection from all traffic, and then like 30 ish guys on bikes (cruisers and hogs) came rippin around the corner too, followed by even more cop cars.

Anyone know what was up with this, I thought it was kinda strange.

infected
08-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Prisoner Transport?
Biker Gangs!!!

gsus
08-11-2006, 10:02 PM
it was a charity ride for the childrens hospital.

Freebs
08-13-2006, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by gsus
it was a charity ride for the childrens hospital.

yea probably... i know from working on the new hospital right now its getting down to the last days of building for us and they keep having these mock moving things, for the kids who are going to have to be transported but need it done quickly for certain reasons... and what they do is block off the entire intersection with bikes then the ambulence goes threw.. but by lots of bikes im talking like 20 or so...

soupey
08-13-2006, 01:54 PM
i remember seeing something like this in the NE a few weeks ago....made traffic back up like crazy...

Freebs
08-13-2006, 04:05 PM
yea in about 2 weeks i would say watch out as when they start to move from the old hospital to the new one its going to cause HUGE!!!! traffic delays in some areas... ill try to find out the routes they are taking from my mom who works at the old one and as well i will ask around since im at the new one and try and post it up here for you guys...

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-15-2006, 02:54 AM
i'm supposed to start in the new hospital installing computers.... :dunno:

Freebs
08-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
i'm supposed to start in the new hospital installing computers.... :dunno:

yea i can see that.... we have all the data lines pulled in to all of them so i dont see why not... ahah have fun finding your way around there