PDA

View Full Version : Need to get my car towed :(

FellowBeyonder
08-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately I need to get my project 81 Camaro towed to my new house. I was recommended to use either Dave's Towing or Alberta Independent Towing. I want someone I can trust because I have a lot of money and hours in this car. Help.

ashee
08-12-2006, 08:26 AM
If you have AMA it's free.

T5Bird
08-12-2006, 08:33 AM
I would definately shy away from Dave's towing, since that new guy bought it I have heard and seen nothing but bad. :thumbsdow Unfortunately the guy I use is on holidays until late Aug. Chesters is pretty good.

FellowBeyonder
08-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Really I have heard of lot of good stuff about Dave's Towing, that's actually who I ended up using because of the time factor and price factor. I felt like he babied my car as if it was his own.

I wouldnt think of using chesters, sure their prices are low low, but wait time is always two three hours.

sh0ko
08-21-2006, 02:06 PM

o god thats the funniest thing ive heard in a while! hahahahahaha

i heard chesters is crap! :dunno:

Lex350
08-21-2006, 02:15 PM
ask for a flatbed to take it.

sputnik
08-21-2006, 02:46 PM
With the exception of Krazy Kooters...

Does anyone have a decent flatbed company that I can call? I have an old GMC Tracker that I need to drag out to my in-laws acreage.

Its nothing special, it just has 2 flat tires so it wont tow conventionally. I just need someone cheap and halfways competent.

VF-1A
11-07-2006, 01:27 PM
NASTY REP ASIDE, I WOULD CALL CITY WIDE, (287-9111) AND SPECIFICALLY REQUEST SHAUN IN 863. HE DRIVES A DECK AND HE KNOWS HIS SHITE. HE KNOWS HOW TO BE FAIR AND TO TREAT OTHERS PROPERTY LIKE IT WAS HIS OWN. WHEN I WORKED THERE, HE WAS THE ONLY ONE I WOULD EVER LET TOW MY OWN VEHICLE IF I EVER WERE TO NEED ONE. DONT WORK THERE ANYMORE AND HE'S STILL THE ONE I'D CALL. IF HE EVER QUITS, I'M PUSHING MY RIDE HOME.

Phuqu
11-07-2006, 02:34 PM
We can offer a flatbed service.

We have an 18 foot hydraulic tilt flatbed trailer.

We use it on a regular basis.

If you are needing something transported and want someone who will take the time to make sure it's safe and secure let us know.

Dan

Redlyne_mr2
11-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Phuqu
We can offer a flatbed service.

We have an 18 foot hydraulic tilt flatbed trailer.

We use it on a regular basis.

If you are needing something transported and want someone who will take the time to make sure it's safe and secure let us know.

Dan
Looks like old Kooter has some competition, well done.

DoubleLP
11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ashee

4 hours later the tow truck "might" show up.

AMA is a joke.

arian_ma
11-24-2006, 08:15 PM
I didn't want to make a new thread so I will just steal this one since it is pretty old.
There is a car I need to have in Calgary, though it is on summer tires and driving it would be suicide, so I want to flatbed it from Lethbridge to Calgary.
Approx how much am I looking at?
Can't tow it because it is RWD...don't really want to take any risks with the diff.

Any help is appreciated.
Phuqu if you can give me a good quote for this I will bring my business your way.

TIA

gp36912
11-24-2006, 08:26 PM
o its gonna be pretty bad since theres a hookup fee and then something like 75 cents a km or something. with a flatbed hookup its gonna be 75 hookup inside the city, i dunno what thye charge for lethbridge, it'd be less of a hassle to just put winters on and drive it down.

78si
11-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I have a truck and trailer.. I'm wondering how much charge per km?

bituerbo
11-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Call Conrad's Towing. Guy named Shawn is the sole owner-operator, has his own truck w/ dolly for getting all 4 wheels off the ground. Seen him work, always takes care and full precaution.

Does flat rate tows. (For the tows I've seen him do, it's been 1 end of town to the other for less than $100 - ($70 sounds familiar but don't quote me on it)

Anyways, really nice guy who takes care and pride in his work.

819-9401

bituerbo
11-24-2006, 08:53 PM
WHOA, just read, all the way from lethbridge to Calgary. Hmm, if it's drivable, save yourself the hassle! all the major roads will be clear and fine to drive on with allseasons. And man, chinooks roll in every other week. Yer crazy to get it towed if it's running and driving fine.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-25-2006, 02:31 AM
What car did you get meng?

And did you sell the Lude?

MrPid
11-25-2006, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by sh0ko

o god thats the funniest thing ive heard in a while! hahahahahaha

You need to get out more... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sharpie
12-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Phuqu (dan) towed my car today and he did an awesome job! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a tow!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: