PDA

View Full Version : Civic questions

Lo)2enz0
08-13-2006, 02:55 PM
ok, so i am looking into a civic to replace my insane mini mini van. Now i need your help honda guys. I want a hatch back, but from the looks of it none of them come with what i am looking for. I want a sunroof, ac, power everything but it seems that coupes were the only cars that came with everything. I owned a 98 dx coupe 4 years ago and loved the little guy which is why i want another one but mine was manual everything. Now i am looking at a 98-00. I know extremely little about honda so this will help a bit. remeber this is going to be a daily driver and i only plan on lowering it, rims, and lips...thanks guys

snow_daniel
08-13-2006, 03:14 PM
As I know,some of the hatch does come with A/C, Power door lock(aftermarket) and maybe power window (opinion of SE 99-00 model)but side mirror..I don't know....and I am very sure they don't have sunroof on 96-00 civic hatch..you maybe able to mod one i guess because i saw one long time ago
hope this help
or JDM door they come with everything power i guess

WWJAI
08-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Nope, pretty much all Canada model Civic HB's came with only manual stuff. (No power windows, sunroofs, power locks, power side mirrors. The DX HB's have power steering I believe and as far as I know, they also didn't come with a/c. But a/c can easily be put into them. I've also seen a couple hb's in calgary put sunroofs on them and it looks great. I guess if you wanted everything power, is to find a civic ex or si that is being parted and take everything from that and swap it all into the hb. I drive a hb and its great for everyday driving but it definitely be more enjoyable with a coupe since they feel more sporty. I wish i bought one of them before so maybe get another coupe...si this time.

Seanith
08-13-2006, 07:54 PM
I think there are top of the line hatches with sunroofs and some of the shit your looking for... i think its just the DX-G. I'm not an expert when it comes to hatches though.

78si
08-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Buy my car.. AC and sunroof.. Take it for a rip if you want.
Its older but everything is new.
Or look at a newer SIR

Lo)2enz0
08-13-2006, 11:26 PM
found a wrx wagon, going to take a look at it tommorow. thanks for the input guys

Lo)2enz0
08-16-2006, 10:33 AM
well the search is over. I finally found a car to replace the mini mini van (the golf). I went to look at some subaru's and one of the places that i was at had an impreza 2.5 listed as a wrx for $16,000 which i thought was a steal if it was a wrx. when i got there i was a bit disappointed. Than i spotted this 2000 honda prelude, thinking to myself that there is no way i can afford this (since i set my limit at $18,000 for my new car). well i talk to a sales man and tell him i love the car, i just wished it was. He went and spoke to his manager and was able to work everything out. I mean this car is perfect. heated seats, sunroof, power everything, heated mirrors, 5 speed, and 68,000km's!!! bone stock and this car runs awsome.

took me 2 months to find the right car, and in the end if you take your time you will run across something, well i do wish it was sea foam green but that color is stupid rare.

QuasarCav
08-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
well the search is over. I finally found a car to replace the mini mini van (the golf). I went to look at some subaru's and one of the places that i was at had an impreza 2.5 listed as a wrx for $16,000 which i thought was a steal if it was a wrx. when i got there i was a bit disappointed. Than i spotted this 2000 honda prelude, thinking to myself that there is no way i can afford this (since i set my limit at $18,000 for my new car). well i talk to a sales man and tell him i love the car, i just wished it was. He went and spoke to his manager and was able to work everything out. I mean this car is perfect. heated seats, sunroof, power everything, heated mirrors, 5 speed, and 68,000km's!!! bone stock and this car runs awsome.

took me 2 months to find the right car, and in the end if you take your time you will run across something, well i do wish it was sea foam green but that color is stupid rare.

Why not private sale?

I'm guessing the dealership payed 50% or less of what you paid for the car.

Lo)2enz0
08-16-2006, 10:45 AM
i haven't had the best experience with private sales and when it comes to a daily driver, you know a dealership isn't going to be selling garbage. I didn't get it from one of those shady dealerships either and i had a great experience with buying this car. I really could care less if it was an auction car, it has decent km's, is bone stock, no rust, the interior has no burns or stains. it seriously looks like it came right out of the factory minus a few rock chips.

QuasarCav
08-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
i haven't had the best experience with private sales and when it comes to a daily driver, you know a dealership isn't going to be selling garbage. I didn't get it from one of those shady dealerships either and i had a great experience with buying this car. I really could care less if it was an auction car, it has decent km's, is bone stock, no rust, the interior has no burns or stains. it seriously looks like it came right out of the factory minus a few rock chips.

I guess Piece of mind if worth quite a bit too.

Welcome to the Light side!!