PDA

View Full Version : Cease Fire

l8braker
08-13-2006, 03:16 PM
What the hell is going on? I support Israel, but why in the fuck is this deal starting TOMORROW?? They're in there right now destorying as much stuff as they can before this deal goes into effect, and ultimately what will it do? Thumbs DOWN!

Thoughts? Will this work out in the end?

01RedDX
08-13-2006, 04:13 PM

Toma
08-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
What the hell is going on? I support Israel, but why in the fuck is this deal starting TOMORROW?? They're in there right now destorying as much stuff as they can before this deal goes into effect, and ultimately what will it do? Thumbs DOWN!

Thoughts? Will this work out in the end?

The Ceasefire is USELESS. Not because Israel TRIPLED its forces since the ceasefire deal was approved, but because it does not call for Israels withdrawl, but DOES call for the dissarmament of Hezzbolah.

Let me ask you... if you really BELIEVED Israel is the aggressor, would you willingly dissarm BEFORE the UN force arrived, or before Israel withdrew??

Not gonna happen. Waste of time. Just a political ploy to make it look like someone cares, and that Israel is the good guy for accepting....and make the Lebs look bad for no accepting....

ICEBERG
08-13-2006, 05:18 PM
There be NO peace. Cease Fire today=Suicide Bombers tomorrow. There is too much damage done.

Toms-SC
08-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Won't work. A lot of people will be seeing Allah after tomorrow.

Ceza
08-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Won't work. A lot of people will be seeing Allah after tomorrow.

:confused: what is that suppose to mean?

wainr
08-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Toma

The Ceasefire is USELESS. Not because Israel TRIPLED its forces since the ceasefire deal was approved, but because it does not call for Israels withdrawl, but DOES call for the dissarmament of Hezzbolah.

Let me ask you... if you really BELIEVED Israel is the aggressor, would you willingly dissarm BEFORE the UN force arrived, or before Israel withdrew??

Not gonna happen. Waste of time. Just a political ploy to make it look like someone cares, and that Israel is the good guy for accepting....and make the Lebs look bad for no accepting....

.... meanwhile Hezbolah launches hundreds of rockets into Israel...

two sides pal

tapout
08-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Ceza

:confused: what is that suppose to mean? allah is the name of god in arabic.

Ceza
08-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by tapout
allah is the name of god in arabic.

i know that, i was just wondering what he meant by that.

tapout
08-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Ceza

i know that, i was just wondering what he meant by that. ok since you asked i will tell you my opinion.TOMS SC is a try hard clone of TYLER 883 a hill billy extremist that hates muslims.:thumbsup:

3G
08-14-2006, 02:06 AM
ok since you asked i will tell you my opinion.TOMS SC is a clone of TYLER 883 a hill billy extremist that hates muslims.:thumbsup:

:werd:

Hassan Nasrallah will not stop fighting until the last israeli soldier leaves lebanon soil. Refer to the quote in my sig

Ceza
08-14-2006, 02:09 AM
ok since you asked i will tell you my opinion.TOMS SC is a clone of TYLER 883 a hill billy extremist that hates muslims.:thumbsup:

lol, why so?

Originally posted by 3G

:werd:

Hassan Nasrallah will not stop fighting until the last israeli soldier leaves lebanon soil. Refer to the quote in my sig

i dont know if that would be a good idea for "his" country. :nut:

tapout
08-14-2006, 02:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ceza
[B] dunno why maybe they jacked his beef jerky & chew tobacco lol joke) honestly toms sc is entitled to his opinion but racism/hatred is a disgusting disease in the human heart but every culture has racist pricks to ruin it for others sad but true

my 2cents

Ceza
08-14-2006, 02:48 AM
I dont know if its tyler883. :dunno:

But i'm not sure sure im hearing this clear... :dunno:

Toms sc:

did you mean "all muslims are just the cause of these wars"?. if you did, you are an ignorant fool that needs to learn more before opening his mouth.

if you did, You should specify which muslim before generalizing, you sick fuck. :guns: :thumbsdow

Zoom_Zoom
08-14-2006, 02:59 AM
Hi i just came from lebanon not too long ago, this cease fire is exacly what toma said, but theres more, think hard now, israel is losing so much military casualties that they called for a cease fire, that is why hassan nasrallah will NOT disarm, and hassan nasrallah is right, why should he disarm while there in lebanon, he has the right to do w.e he wants to the israel military in his land if they have guns, he said he was gona turn the south into a graveyard for zionists, and yes, zionists are the bad guys, hezballah are freedome fighters, think about how the war started, first they say hezballah killed 2 soldiers and kidnapped 2, then they say they killed 4 soldiers and kidnapped 2, and now for some odd reason its they killed 8 soldiers and kidnapped 2, by the way it wasnt on cnn, but it was on the arabic news, hezballah blew up 23 tanks with anti-tank missles and 1 helicopter that had 4 soldiers on it, and now those 4 soldiers are hostages for hezballah. who ever is reading this. go to www.youtube.com and search for George Galloway, search for the title sky news. and then you have the truth.

Ceza
08-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Doesnt say that in the link below? :confused:

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/zionism/index.cfm

hmm... I just wonder how Nasrallah is going to handle the situation when UN peackeepers arrive and "occupy" his precious Lebanon? :confused:

I hope in a mature manner. :thumbsup:

AD_Runner
08-14-2006, 09:26 AM
There will be no turning back from either side until one of them have complete control......... If there is, I will be totally shocked! IMO

l8braker
08-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Said on the radio that there are already firings from both sides after the ceasefire.

ICEBERG
08-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Said on the radio that there are already firings from both sides after the ceasefire.

NO, The radio said Israel broke the rules of cease fire agreement. They Fired on Hezbollah 3 hours later after the agreement. They killed one hezbollah and wounded others. The reason was that the hezbollah was getting too close to them. That shows you how good their word is.:rolleyes:

eljefe
08-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ICEBERG

NO, The radio said Israel broke the rules of cease fire agreement. They Fired on Hezbollah 3 hours later after the agreement. They killed one hezbollah and wounded others. The reason was that the hezbollah was getting too close to them. That shows you how good their word is.:rolleyes:

In the Israelis defence, the Hezbollah militamen were armed and approaching them. Sounds rather provocative and not necessarily an unwarranted reaction all things considered.

Weapon_R
08-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by eljefe

In the Israelis defence, the Hezbollah militamen were armed and approaching them. Sounds rather provocative and not necessarily an unwarranted reaction all things considered.

LOL thats hardly a defence. Were the Israelis not armed? Could Hezbollah fire another 200 rockets into Israel and cite the same defence?

eljefe
08-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

LOL thats hardly a defence. Were the Israelis not armed? Could Hezbollah fire another 200 rockets into Israel and cite the same defence?

I've been a staunch believer that the Israeli response has been overboard throughout this entire conflict. But really in this case Hezbollah is supposed to be pulling back so that the UN and Lebanese army can take control of the area, so to approach the Israelis armed after all that has happened was not a smart move.

ICEBERG
08-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by eljefe

I've been a staunch believer that the Israeli response has been overboard throughout this entire conflict. But really in this case Hezbollah is supposed to be pulling back so that the UN and Lebanese army can take control of the area, so to approach the Israelis armed after all that has happened was not a smart move.

I agree with you 100%. But there was a cease fire agreement. Hezbollah might have been getting close but Israel should have not Fired unless fired upon. I guess some body was trigger happy.

l8braker
08-14-2006, 09:55 AM

Don't twist what I said into what you want to hear. They said that there were firings from both sides.

Yeesh!

eljefe
08-14-2006, 09:55 AM

I agree with you 100%. But there was a cease fire agreement. Hezbollah might have been getting close but Israel should have not Fired unless fired upon. I guess some body was trigger happy.

I agree with that but its easy to see how it could happen. If I had been on the receiving end of rocket attacks, rpg attacks and been looking down the business end of assault weapons for the last 34 days and a few of the dudes who have been trying to make me dead approach me armed and in any sort of threatening way I sure as hell am not about to wait for them to put a bullet in my head. This is with the assumption that they should have been pulling back out of the area, not entering into it.

**As a side note if I was a fighter from Hezbollah I would certainly not be looking to approach members of the IDF looking armed and threatening, I would expect that could make me very dead. Same goes for a member of the IDF approaching a member of Hezbollah armed and in any threatening way, expect to stop breathing.

ICEBERG
08-14-2006, 09:59 AM

Don't twist what I said into what you want to hear. They said that there were firings from both sides.

Yeesh!

What i want to hear??

Dude, i been listening to the radio all morning. I KNOW what i heard on the radio. I am not making this up.

AD_Runner
08-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I heard there were shots from both sides....... But again we aren't there, so we have to rely on the media for the facts.....

ICEBERG
08-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Allende
I heard there were shots from both sides....... But again we aren't there, so we have to rely on the media for the facts.....

That's right. I was not there either, so i rely on the media my self. I been listening to the early morning radio(5:30am) and they said it was Israel who broke the agreement. I am just stating what i have heard. I guess it is not good enough for some people. Sorry.....

AD_Runner
08-14-2006, 10:25 AM

That's right. I was not there either, so i rely on the media my self. I been listening to the early morning radio(5:30am) and they said it was Israel who broke the agreement. I am just stating what i have heard. I guess it is not good enough for some people. Sorry.....

Remember we are all just sharing information, no one person is saying anyone is wrong ...... It could of been one side, who really knows. What I heard was "Israel broke the agreement" however it seems maybe shots were fired from the other side.... but they had not fully reported on it ...

ICEBERG
08-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Allende

Remember we are all just sharing information, no one person is saying anyone is wrong ......

That's right. But I8braker seems to think i been twisting the facts up.:rolleyes:

AD_Runner
08-14-2006, 10:39 AM

That's right. But I8braker seems to think i been twisting the facts up.:rolleyes:

Remember you can't take anything personal online --- Just let it roll off the shoulders -- There are several people that seems to think that ONLY what they say is correct and everyone else is wrong..... But everyone is welcome to their opinion however that does not mean YOU or me have to agree with it or like it, but they are still entitled to it....

Toma
08-14-2006, 11:15 AM
I am personally very impressed there is a ceasefire at all....

That is AWESOME.

A little skirmish here or there is gonna happen.

Personally, if there was a ceasefire, I would walk up to the "other" guys too and shake hands....

Toms-SC
08-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Toma
I am personally very impressed there is a ceasefire at all....

That is AWESOME.

A little skirmish here or there is gonna happen.

Personally, if there was a ceasefire, I would walk up to the "other" guys too and shake hands....

Whoa whoa whoa...is somebody else on Toma's account?

eljefe
08-14-2006, 04:27 PM
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush declared Lebanon a front in the "global war on terrorism" Monday, equating the Israeli battle against Lebanon's Hezbollah guerrillas to the U.S.-led wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Bush said Hezbollah and its supporters in Iran and Syria were responsible for the 34-day war, and called that conflict "part of a broader struggle between freedom and terror." ( Watch Bush blame Hezbollah, Iran and Syria for the crisis -- 2:06 )

Bush said the U.N. resolution that took effect early Monday was an "important step that will help bring an end to the violence."

He said the conflict was a win for his administration's policy of encouraging democracy in the Middle East and a defeat for Hezbollah, discounting a claim of victory issued by the Shiite Muslim militia's leader earlier Monday. ( Watch the president declare Hezbollah the loser -- :40 )

"Hezbollah suffered a defeat in this crisis," Bush said during a news conference at the State Department.

"There's going to be a new power in the south of Lebanon," he said, referring to the U.N. force that will assist the Lebanese army in taking control of the area.

"How can you claim victory when you were a state within a state in southern Lebanon, and now you're going to be replaced by an international force?" he said.

Speaking after a day of meetings with Pentagon and State Department officials, Bush said the leaders of armed groups must choose between armed conflict and democracy.

He warned Iran against meddling in both Lebanon and Iraq, where U.S. troops are battling a persistent insurgency and trying to stave off a Sunni-Shiite civil war more than three years after the 2003 invasion.

"In both these countries, Iran is backing armed groups in the hope of stopping democracy from taking hold," he said.

"The message of this administration is clear: America will stay on the offense against al Qaeda. Iran must stop its support for terror," he said. "The leaders of these armed groups must make a choice: If they want to participate in the political life of their countries, they must disarm."

The president defended the U.S. role in settling the Israel-Lebanon conflict, saying Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice deserved "great credit" for the cease-fire agreement.

The administration resisted international calls for an immediate cease-fire, which it said would not have addressed the underlying causes of the conflict.

"We want peace," he said. "We're not interested in process. We want results."

Bush laid the blame for the conflict -- in which more than 1,000 people died -- on Hezbollah, Iran and Syria.

"America recognizes that civilians in Lebanon and Israel have suffered from the current violence, and we recognize that responsibility for this suffering lies with Hezbollah," Bush said.

"Responsibility for the suffering of the Lebanese people also lies with Hezbollah's state sponsors, Iran and Syria."

Bush said Iran "provides Hezbollah with financial support, weapons and training."

"Iran has made clear that it seeks the destruction of Israel," he said. "We can only imagine how much more dangerous this conflict would be if Iran had the nuclear weapon it seeks."

The United States maintains that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons. The Iranian government says its nuclear program is intended solely for peaceful purposes.