PDA

View Full Version : Police line up on center street bridge

HiSpec
08-14-2006, 12:56 AM
I was driving up center street bridge heading north at around 10:30pm, SATURDAY. There was police spot check at the top of the bridge. Does anyone know what they were checking for? I think its a bit too early for drunk driver check.

FiveFreshFish
08-14-2006, 12:58 AM
10:30 isn't early because it's Sunday.

Normally, they have a speed trap at the top of Centre St. I saw one at 1:30 AM once. :eek:

403Gemini
08-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by HiSpec
I was driving up center street bridge heading north at around 10:30pm. There was police spot check at the top of the bridge. Does anyone know what they were checking for? I think its a bit too early for drunk driver check.

good for them!

i was headin back from phantom of the opera a couple weeks back at about 10:30 believe i was on 14th ... not sure lol and there was a checkstop. :thumbsup: good to see that

HiSpec
08-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
10:30 isn't early because it's Sunday.

Normally, they have a speed trap at the top of Centre St. I saw one at 1:30 AM once. :eek:

It was saturday. Should've been more accurate with my date and time. My bad.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

good for them!

i was headin back from phantom of the opera a couple weeks back at about 10:30 believe i was on 14th ... not sure lol and there was a checkstop. :thumbsup: good to see that

Good to see that our money is going somewhere worthwhile.

Ichigo
08-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah it was a checkstop.. People were busting Uturns on the bridge only to have the cops fly down the bridge to pull them over for an illegal uturn and a possible dui. lol When I got there I was like omg did somebody hit someone up there?