PDA

View Full Version : Loan Question

ashee
08-14-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm suppose to get the first half of my student loan at the end of August to pay for my fall tuition and then I get another portion of it in January and then they have the rest listed for February 1st which is 2 weeks after my tution is due making it useless? Should I call them and ask what's up or see if that's just an approximate date? My winter tuition is due January 19th and the loan they're sending me in January is only half of it.

The Cosworth
08-14-2006, 03:25 PM
I just talked to them today, they said end of the week for the info to go through and pay your tuition.

also depends on where you go to school

and the loans are broken into where they are coming from

the first loan is from alberta learning I believe

the second loan (first of jan) is from Canadian gov..

and the last bit (small bit in feb or march) is a bursary

so calling them wont do anything its the way they are broken up... save your money or use your plastic

ashee
08-14-2006, 03:33 PM
K but I don't understand the purpose of getting money I need for school after the due date?

air_mikey
08-14-2006, 03:35 PM
if the second one isnt going to be enough, you can talk to your school and get an extension because you wont have enough from your student loan. If you bring them proof that you are getting another after the due date they should extend it for you.

Unknown303
08-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Same thing happened with me last semester. I got more that enough for first semester, then come january they gave me almost enough to pay, had to put the rest on the plastic.

I don't think they'll change when you get the cash i think thats pretty much set in stone. But the school will probably extend the time you have to pay. Or just buck up from else where. I kind of liked the random february money. Helped hold me for the rest of the semester.

ashee
08-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't have a credit card yet but things could change by then, I guess I could pay off what I put on it with the February money then huh, haha thanks =)

The Cosworth
08-15-2006, 07:12 PM
I dont know the reason they do it but it has been like that since my parents have taken out their student loans