PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Fc3s

Hitokiri_Gensai
08-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Ive been searching around for this info for a while and decided it might be better just to ask someone who would know directly.

Im in the market for an 1990 FC3S Turbo II and my friend recently had one imported from Japan for me. My question is this, about what fuel milage does the stock Turbo II get? Im trying to get an accurate fuel milage before i start building the car up for racing. Ive heard some people say that its bad on fuel, others have said its good.

Ive also heard that Rotary's are rather torqueless and i got a Dyno which said it was about 190 ftlb of torque at 3500 RPM which seems really low. Although ive talked with some FC drivers who state that the lack of torque, or perhaps, low torque band, creates the potential for an extremely good street car.

Anyway, i hope to get some helpful information from you guys in the future. Thanks alot for your help.

Gensai

bituerbo
08-15-2006, 12:30 PM
*searches google images for the words "Rotary" and "Glass"*

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-15-2006, 01:29 PM
190tq @ the wheels is bad?
-cries-
then i must be horrible... yes... i know hondas are torqueless wonders...

just google it...

Gravy_83
08-15-2006, 01:51 PM
i had a non turbo rx7 and it was a great car. i am currently looking for the same car as you in the next year or so. they are solid cars if taken care of. my mileage on my non turbo was bad so i can't imagine how it would be for a turbo model. either way enjoy the car it's a great engine those 13b's haha. i miss mine soooo much. throw some pics on here why don't ya.:thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
08-15-2006, 02:03 PM
RX-7s arent the greatest on gas at all , and they burn oil , but I mean if your building a race car , then you shouldnt really care about gas lol

Also swing by rx7club.com or PM ChrisNg or Max , they have FCs

Hitokiri_Gensai
08-15-2006, 04:30 PM
hrm yeah i checked the governments info on gas mileage and stuff and it said 16 city, 24 highway. which isnt TOO bad.... but considering the 60 MPG of the Prius and the 41 of the Corolla, its pretty bad XD thankfully, most of the driving im going to be doing is closer to highway driving.

at anyrate, its actually gonna be a street car, Drift car actually.
As for the 190 ftlb @ 3500, it isnt bad but it peaks really low.

Crymson
08-15-2006, 04:59 PM
nobody is on rx7 club anymroe, go to teamfc3s.org (http://forum.teamfc3s.org/index.php)