PDA

View Full Version : How To Make EBAY/Paypal

BmwM5
08-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I was wondering how you make ebay and paypal with a Debit card. Do you NEED a credit card for this. Help me out please.

spyce
08-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Well this is definitely the wrong forum.

Anyways. You can create a Ebay account without a credit card. At least thats what I did a 4 or 5 years ago.

With Paypal you dont need a credit card. You can basically link your paypal account to your bank account. And then when you win an auction and paypal is a payment method, you just make the payment with paypal and it transfers funds out of your bank account

slick2404
wrong section:dunno:

i used debit with paypal. they deposited 2 amounts into my account and then asked me how much the deposited it...its pennys tho, not sure if they ever took it back tho....

hash
i think you can setup paypal with a bank account. you need to provide your bank account information: bank, transit, account #'s (all on a personalized cheque... or just call your bank). paypal verifies it and they can do direct debits from your bank acct. i personally haven't used it, but thats what it seemed like from reading their page a while back.

soupey
08-15-2006, 02:55 PM
ive got it set up on mine

they make 2 deposits into the account, and u need to input that on the paypal site to confirm the bank account, after that u can use it all u want, but i believe if a payment u make from a debit account bounces, they charge u like $30ish dollars. thats why its good to have a backup source of cash (like a low limit credit card) set up on paypal as well.

legendboy
08-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by BmwM5
How To Make EBAY/Paypal

lol

BmwM5
08-15-2006, 07:21 PM
What does that mean("they make 2 deposits into the account") do i need just the kind of cheqes that you give to people or are they void checks.

Xtrema
08-15-2006, 07:31 PM
I don't trust them with my credit card. I trust them even less with debit cards.

Get a credit card, dude.

BigDannyCool
08-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I don't trust them with my credit card. I trust them even less with debit cards.

Get a credit card, dude.

there's no reason for them to cheat you. i think everytime you make a payment they have a small fee. it's like 20-30 cents or something like that. but they do that with millions of transactions so they make a lot of money.

slick2404
08-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by BmwM5
What does that mean("they make 2 deposits into the account") do i need just the kind of cheqes that you give to people or are they void checks.

they do this to verify your account.
its something like
PAYPAL CANADA 0.02
PAYPAL CANADA 0.03

and in paypal it asks you to enter the #'s and then your set up.
worst comes to worst, you just made 5cents....now you can go find some hookers to throw em at

b_t
08-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Well it takes about 10 business days to add money to your paypal account from a debit account, and anywhere from 2 to 10 business days to move your money back to your bank account

It is a shitty way of running it. You can bid on things on eBay up to a certain dollar value without a credit card, but you need a credit card to verify your account if you want to get big ticket items or "buy it now" for anything