PDA

View Full Version : D.u.i.

sporty_cavy
08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Any info on how to get off of DUI charges, what to say in court. Any ways to delay the liscence suspension? Anything that can help. Please post !

eljefe
08-15-2006, 03:40 PM
To get off? Sure , just prove you were not over the legal limit thats all......you were'nt right?

sporty_cavy
08-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Well I know someone who fought it with a lawyer and all but the case that he was depending on got denied and therefore he also got sentenced. Facing court this week and expecting to have liscence taken away. When can you get a blower? ...anything else..

eljefe
08-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by sporty_cavy
Well I know someone who fought it with a lawyer and all but the case that he was depending on got denied and therefore he also got sentenced. Facing court this week and expecting to have liscence taken away. When can you get a blower? ...anything else..

Again easy , you said he fought with a lawyer and lost and is to be sentenced so No he cannot get off on the DUI charge it sounds like he has been convicted to me if I understand you right.

lint
08-15-2006, 03:45 PM
you didn't get busted by a hypocritical drunk cop, did you?

403Gemini
08-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Any info on how to get off of DUI charges, what to say in court. Any ways to delay the liscence suspension? Anything that can help. Please post !

if you were DUI i hope they take your liscence and crush your car

have a good day :thumbsup:

core_upt
08-15-2006, 03:50 PM
my old boss crashed his car (single vehicle, head on with a median on crowchild and flipped) while hammered. He went through either POINTTS or the driving defence (one of those phonebook drving 'lawyer' firms). Long story short, he plead guilty to wreckless driving, liscence suspended for three months and took a ton of demerits. His insurance went from $800/yr to $6,000.

Oh, and search, there are about 12897409 posts about it.

sporty_cavy
08-15-2006, 03:51 PM
okay thanks

NATE0513
08-15-2006, 03:53 PM
well.. since it's a offense thats under the criminal code I would say its important to get a lawyer. the option is always there for you to deffend yourself but would you gamble your future on your knowledge of the canadian legal system (or lack there of). In criminal cases you have the right to a lawyer, if you cant afford one, one will be appointed to you (duty counsel). do you have an exact questions? if so pm me.

WWJAI
08-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

:werd: I hope you don't ever get back on the roads and put the rest of the safer drivers in danger cause of your stupidity.

95EagleAWD
08-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI

:werd: I hope you don't ever get back on the roads and put the rest of the safer drivers in danger cause of your stupidity.

I hate to be a broken record...

You made the choice.

Deal with the consequences.

Sharpie
08-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

You made the choice.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

If you were smart enough to get out of the ticket you would be smart enough to not drink and drive. (if that makes any sense)

asuth077
08-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

You made the choice.

Originally posted by Sharpie

If you were smart enough to get out of the ticket you would be smart enough to not drink and drive. (if that makes any sense)

Are you guys saying you don't believe it was his friend not him? :devil:

Honda_002
08-15-2006, 05:05 PM
either or d.u.i is fuckin dumb.

Slow5Oh
08-15-2006, 06:01 PM

:whocares: .......if I knew I wouldn't tell you (see my other post about a DUI f*cker)

MudCrawler
08-15-2006, 06:13 PM

You fuckin tool. Hope they never give you your license back. Noone here is giving you the easy answers out.

Nissanaddict
08-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Not gonna have much support here. Get a lawyer is all we can say. But I'm sure I speak for most of all when I say "I hope your lawyer screws up". If I wanna drive wasted....I go to Schanks, get drunk and put a few dollars into those racing games. While I can be drunk, shift, drink a beer and drive with my knees on that game....not something I'd chance in real life.

Toms-SC
08-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini