Jorgen Moller
(801) 746-0143
[email protected]

TEAM MOPAR CONTACT:
Misha Geisert
J.R. Thompson Company
(317) 432-4110
[email protected]

TEAM MOPAR’S MOLLER OF RACEDECK® RACING SETS LAND SPEED RECORD AT SALT FLATS EVENT

Center Line, Mich. – Team Mopar’s Jorgen Moller, member of the prestigious Bonneville 200 mph Club, set his 5th career land speed record last week in a production Mopar Dodge SRT4 Car at the Bonneville Salt Flats. The record-breaking average was set at 221 mph on the five-mile course, and established the Dodge SRT4 as the fastest four-cylinder production car in the world.

"It is amazing how well the car performed at over 220 mph when you consider that the body, transmission and engine block are exactly the same as the (street version) SRT4," said Moller. "We’ve got to hand it to the Dodge engineers for building such a great performance car. The 2.4L SRT4 motor is a fantastic platform to work from, and we have been able to create reliable 700–800 horsepower that survives the long five-mile runs at full power on gas,” Moller said.

Mopar is no stranger to the SRT4 platform, or the Bonneville Speedweeks event. The brand produces upgrade kits for the four-cylinder cars, as well as an entire line of accessory parts. Mopar is pleased with Moller and Racedeck® Racing’s efforts in the Bonneville Salt Flats Speedweeks.

“Mopar is proud to work in conjunction with Moller and the Racedeck® Racing team as they achieve this honor,” said Kevin Miller, Senior Manager, Mopar Brand, Performance and Motorsports. “The race teams and drivers that compete under the Mopar banner are among the best in the business and we’re pleased to be a part of this effort.”

Moller’s Dodge SRT4 competed in the PS/F class (2.1 to 3.0 liter motor – production Supercharged /Turbo). This class showcases vehicles that compete with factory bodies and transmissions. The powerplant must be of the same configuration as the vehicle’s factory production settings. Vehicles must also be gas compatible.

Moller is a life member of the Bonneville 200 MPH club, has set over 10 land speed records and currently holds five existing records. He also has a Dodge SRT4-powered 1932 roadster in the F classes where he set a record in the Blown Street Roadster class at over 200 mph, making it The Fastest 4 cylinder Street Roadster on the Planet. Moller is the CEO and owner of Snap Lock Industries, the manufacturer of RACEDEDCK® Garage Floors and SnapSports®.

For more information regarding Mopar, Snap Lock Industries, RACEDECK® Garage Floors or SnapSports®, log on to www.mopar.com, www.moparspeed.com, www.snaplock.com, www.racedeck.com or www.snapsports.com.

Mopar is based in Center Line, Mich., and is the exclusive original equipment supplier of parts and accessories for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep® vehicles.

http://www.racedeckracing.com/images/neonbig1.jpg

the_new_santa1
08-15-2006, 04:59 PM
^:drool:

rc2002
08-15-2006, 05:23 PM
That's pretty impressive. I'm surprised the tranny actually turns to 220mph...

canadiandaytona
08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Nice!

Z_Fan
08-15-2006, 05:28 PM
It's very impressive.

I'm sure the car fell apart immediately after its passes. ;)

I've had mine going 275km/H but that's only 170mph. Somehow they managed to run theirs at 354km/H on average. I figure they must be pushing the full 800hp they claim on their stock block to do it. :eek:

That's one F-A-S-T 4-banger.

Supa Dexta
08-15-2006, 06:38 PM
any plans to compete in the future? ;)

Redlyne_mr2
08-15-2006, 07:59 PM
I know the toyota mr2 had a record of 218mph I wonder if it held it up until now?

gp36912
08-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
It's very impressive.

I'm sure the car fell apart immediately after its passes. ;)

I've had mine going 275km/H but that's only 170mph. Somehow they managed to run theirs at 354km/H on average. I figure they must be pushing the full 800hp they claim on their stock block to do it. :eek:

That's one F-A-S-T 4-banger.

the block is the same but i bet the pistons etc are all mopar, great achievement though

edit : the srt motors seem to be invincible lol

djayz
08-15-2006, 08:06 PM
wow thats amazing and for a 4cylinder :eek:

GoChris
08-15-2006, 08:40 PM
obviously I guess they increased the redline on it since that's the limitation on a stock car. wonder what rpm gets them that speed.

FivE.SeveN
08-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Still ugly :nut:

Z_Fan
08-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
Still ugly :nut:

It also has 4-doors & back seats.

What a POS. ;)

Real sports cars only have 2 doors & no back seats.

:devil:

thesmackdown
08-16-2006, 07:16 AM
I guess the mopar world doesn't include japan. When I was in tokyo and osaka 2 years ago had the pleasure of seeing a couple 4g63 and SR20 powered cars with a little under and over 1000 hp respectively. Great they kep the stock body but what is so special because it is a modified neon?

The only thing in japan is they have no such courses and most of the races courses they have their at least that I saw were primarily 1/8 courses. Needless to say 800hp from a 4 cylinder is nice but not spectacular if they were pumping out 1100-1200 the i'd say wow.

I personally dont care what the car looks like, if it is fast its fast, 2 doors or 4. Afterall there are skylines running around here with 4 doors and they look nice too. It is not a bad looking car but most of the owner's I always run into always seem to think their car is some kind of amazing car or something.

blitz
08-16-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by thesmackdown
I guess the mopar world doesn't include japan. When I was in tokyo and osaka 2 years ago had the pleasure of seeing a couple 4g63 and SR20 powered cars with a little under and over 1000 hp respectively. Great they kep the stock body but what is so special because it is a modified neon?

The only thing in japan is they have no such courses and most of the races courses they have their at least that I saw were primarily 1/8 courses. Needless to say 800hp from a 4 cylinder is nice but not spectacular if they were pumping out 1100-1200 the i'd say wow.

I personally dont care what the car looks like, if it is fast its fast, 2 doors or 4. Afterall there are skylines running around here with 4 doors and they look nice too. It is not a bad looking car but most of the owner's I always run into always seem to think their car is some kind of amazing car or something.

And have those cars ever done a top speed run at the Bonneville salt flats? They're talking about actual proven speed, not bench racing.

4doorj
08-16-2006, 08:29 AM

I've had mine going 275km/H but that's only 170mph..

damn!!!!!!!!:drool: thats fast!
how did it feel at the speed? effortless?

Sprinter
08-16-2006, 08:44 AM
I thought this car was the top 1 Douchebag car

:dunno:

guess its cooler than what everyone thought :rolleyes:

shedboy
08-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj

damn!!!!!!!!:drool: thats fast!
how did it feel at the speed? effortless?

yeah. it felt like doing 130 when i got up that fast. i used to have a pic of my speedo on my old cell phone, i was like omgwtf. scary fast.

Mitsu3000gt
08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Aren't speedometors quite inaccurate at very high speeds? Especially if the stock car is not intended to to go that fast?

Im not saying anything about the 800HP SRT-4 as that was most certainly clocked by radar but just in general.

Z_Fan
08-16-2006, 10:31 AM
[If you're talking about our speeds that we have gone in our little cars on the, ahem, racetrack, well yeah, I'm sure they're not perfect.]

^ It's professionally (and independently) timed runs across a pre-set distance. Two passes are made, and they are averaged.

But anyhow...that's how all the land-speed records at the salt flats work pretty much... ;)

This isn't some moron driving fast, downhill in his souped up car and claiming to have gone that fast. It's all done by serious professional racers...

awd
08-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

shedboy
08-16-2006, 10:40 AM
what do fat chicks have to do with this?

ZedMan
08-16-2006, 10:44 AM
metaphor

XylathaneGTR
08-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by shedboy

SRT's can be fast, doesn't mean he wants one.

shedboy
08-16-2006, 10:50 AM
yeah but why fat chicks.

in any case, i didnt think Z-Fan was trying to make sales.

Aleks
08-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by shedboy

Good BJ's? So I've heard. :dunno:

ACX
08-16-2006, 11:54 AM

maybe it is my grade 1 reading comprehension, but I figured this was about a top speed test not a dyno off..

riceeater
08-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Sprinter
I thought this car was the top 1 Douchebag car

guess its cooler than what everyone thought :rolleyes:

see the thing is, the guy that wrote that later went on to pull THIS off:

http://myspace-592.vo.llnwd.net/00849/29/53/849213592_l.gif

heavyD
08-16-2006, 02:07 PM

Nope. The Mopar world involves clocked speed and is slightly differend from the jdm way of bench racing and high HP engines that blow up after a 1/4 mile pass.

403Gemini
08-16-2006, 02:32 PM
[If you're talking about our speeds that we have gone in our little cars on the, ahem, racetrack, well yeah, I'm sure they're not perfect.]

^ It's professionally (and independently) timed runs across a pre-set distance. Two passes are made, and they are averaged.

But anyhow...that's how all the land-speed records at the salt flats work pretty much... ;)

This isn't some moron driving fast, downhill in his souped up car and claiming to have gone that fast. It's all done by serious professional racers...

exactally, last i recall, saturn ion redline did very well on the salt flats

edit:
http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Motorsports/200mphqc.shtml

Saturn Preps ION Red Line for Bonneville Salt Flats
SaturnFans.com • July 11, 2003
In effort to show its serious about being a player in the sport-compact performance arena, General Motors and Saturn are planning to take a modified ION Red Line quad coupe with a supercharged 2.0-liter ECOTEC powerplant to the Bonneville Salt Flats in October. According to AutoWeek, the car will "compete in the GBFA category for gasoline-fueled, supercharged cars with some body alteration." Saturn will attempt run the car at up to 200 mph, beating the current 184 mph record held by the Vortech/Progress Honda Civic.

The ION is currently being tested in the wind tunnel where Saturn hopes to reportedly get a 25% gain in aerodynamic efficiency over factory ION quad coupes. Saturn is working with the So-Cal SpeedShop on the body modifications. Click here for pictures of the quad coupe undergoing windtunnel testing.

Additional details, photos, and videos will be posted when they become available.

They also hit it again with a turbo charged engine at 350 hp but i dont believe they posted the speed

bspot
08-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by riceeater

see the thing is, the guy that wrote that later went on to pull THIS off:

http://myspace-592.vo.llnwd.net/00849/29/53/849213592_l.gif

:nut: I can't stop watching that gif :nut:

4doorj
08-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Good BJ's? So I've heard. :dunno:
:rofl:

Eleanor
08-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah I'm sure they replaced everything they could on the engine to push 800hp but on a stock block that's pretty amazing. You haven't done much engine wise to your SRT other than ignition and you're still running 11s aren't you Z_Fan? As a side note, I didn't see that you had any aftermarket BOV on your SRT4 thread, are you still going with the stock one?