PDA

View Full Version : Condo Rental Qualification

energieboi
08-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Alright guys I am a 1st timer at this. I am looking to rent a place out in oct time but I have some issue on my hand.

1st. My credit rating isnt the greatest
2nd I dont have $10000 to put down on 1 year lease.

But I do have about one year of job experience at a large oil company and a stable income.

How are my chances in renting a place price range from $700 - $1200 a month?

Thanks for all the advice in advance!

Crymson
08-16-2006, 01:02 PM
10,000$ up front for a lease? I think you're mistaken.

you don't pay the whole lease at once, you only pay your security deposit which i don't hink is legally allowed to be more than 1 months rent, as it's not a "damage" deposit, its only to ensure that you dno't skip out on rent.

The credit score shouldn't be abig deal, so long as you don't have any big negatives, like a called in loan, or a bankrupcy or a history of missed payments. That's what they're looking for.

energieboi
08-16-2006, 01:04 PM
I have history of missed payment
and couple collection agency on me
about 2 years ago I believe.

But I do have a great income now (thank god for schooling) and a year of exp would that help?

I have called couple places and they said one month down as damage deposit but also they would check if you have atleast 3 months of rent in your bank?:confused:

Crymson
08-16-2006, 02:01 PM
I don't know about that.

I don't think it's very hard to qualify for a lease, however, if a collection agency is currently after you, that's a pretty huge red flag, and i personally wouldn't rent to you. But if you have a year or two of being in the clear, and your'e making steady income, you may be alright. The worst they can do is say no, and if they do, ask why. You don't have to take it as a slap to your pride, and you shouldnt' fear rejection.

energieboi
08-16-2006, 03:40 PM
^i won't like I said its my 1st time on the market so i need as much advice as possible.

Weapon_R
08-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Only rental property companies will do a credit check on you. Most private landlords do not have the time or means to do it, so they will evaluate you according to your appearance, your references, your age and other factors. Unfortunately, for a younger guy its difficult. Take your gf with you, pose as husband and wife, and pretend you'll both live there til you get the place :P

benyl
08-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Take your gf with you, pose as husband and wife, and pretend you'll both live there til you get the place :P

Um, can someone say "fraud"?

Weapon_R
08-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Um, can someone say "fraud"?

Yep, im sure the swat team would be all over that one :rolleyes:

In any case, i was kidding hence the smilie.

energieboi
08-16-2006, 04:21 PM
haha^ i have no problems with appearence its not as if i have bangs and wear like a emo. Im more looking for condo and apartment without the term landlord in it.

Does anyone know anywhere right now thats vacant?
It would be a huge help for me

Crymson
08-16-2006, 04:45 PM
I don't think letting people assume something is fraud? It may be slightly dishonest, but if they don't ask, and you don't tell, there wasn't a lie.

energieboi
08-16-2006, 05:02 PM
^ if the landlord finds out he/she will either
increase rant
or kick you out

thats why im looking something other then under a landlord