PDA

View Full Version : Giving Comfree a try things I should be wary of?

Lee_8
08-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Any help would be appreciated. Im scheduled to view a condo tommorow that was listed on comfree. Could anyone suggest important things I should be asking. By the way im located in Edmonton in case you have any location specific advice.

Heres a short list on things I am planning on asking:

- What exactly do condo fee's cover - owner answered this on the phone but i would like to see it in writing.

- Restrictions on pets - Once again owner answered this on the phone but did not seem so sure about the exact details. Will review condo board docs to confirm.

- I would like to know the amount of the reserve fund for the building. What is a good number for a building of 30 - 40 units to have? Im not sure of the exact size of the building sorry.

- Also sound transfer is a important subject for me is there any way of trying to check the sound transfer of the building other than just trying to listen for footsteps. I sheduled the appointment for 5:30 in the evening so hopefully the person above me is home =P. Perhaps I should change the viewing to 8:30??

Thank you in advance to anyone that responds.

TrevorK
08-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't know the name of it, but there is a document that your realtor/lawyer would typically request from the buyer that will list all the condo rules/regulations/reserve fund/etc...

That document would answer all of your questions (Other than sound transfer).

Auditor
08-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Comfree works great, my parents used it to sell there last place.

As for soundtransfer, it sounds like your looking at a wooden structure condo. In which case sound will transfer pretty easily.

Also how old is the building, usually the older the building the more worried you need to be about the reserve fund.