PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

jumpbase
04-19-2003, 06:09 PM
In the very near future I'm buying a Lexus IS sport design. Its got a great factory system in it. I'm thinking about putting in a custom system...is it worth spending the $? I like my music loud but not sure if I have the extra money.

That.Guy.S30
04-19-2003, 07:01 PM
yea man.. i love it the extra bass and clean crisp music. i think upgrading it will sound so much better. it also depends what kind of factory system the lexus has. some car companys these days have really good factory speakers like the cadillacs or the bmw's.

davidI
04-19-2003, 07:06 PM
Even if your car comes with a nice set of factory speakers I still think that a sub can help out a lot. If you're looking at tossing a little bit of money at the system then external amplifiers and components etc. will defiantely sound better!

Weapon_R
04-19-2003, 08:25 PM
If I were you, dont upgrade the sound system. For less money, you can have a MUCH better sounding system than any factory installed stereo.

I know one moron who bought a GM vehicle and installed a BOSE premium system in it, and it set him back about $1000. Any 10" sony xplode will destroy that system.

max_boost
04-19-2003, 09:19 PM
For $1000 you can get a stereo that will destroy the factory upgrade! Just a thought.....

D'z Nutz
04-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by jumpbase
I like my music loud but not sure if I have the extra money.

There's a difference between sounding loud and sounding good. A system doesn't necessarily have to be loud for it to sound good. Any halfwit can make a loud stereo. :)

Originally posted by surfertech
some car companys these days have really good factory speakers like the cadillacs or the bmw's.

I'm not sure what the Cadillac's premium speaker system is or what it sounds like, but I'm assuming you're referring to the Harmon Kardon stereo for the BMW's?? Really, it's not that great. Like MB said, that extra $1000+ can go towards aftermarket and it would sound much more superior.

Seanith
04-19-2003, 11:02 PM
definitely get aftermarket. Without getting subs and amps and all that shit $1000 can get you the best component speakers ever man. $1000 can get you a decent system.

That.Guy.S30
04-19-2003, 11:05 PM
yea the harmon kardon sound really good for faxctory speakers. in the cadillac they are 7 bose speakers.

FiveFreshFish
04-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Keep in mind that any aftermarket sound system will make your new car a bigger target for thieves, and you'll likely lose most of your stereo investment when it's time to sell the car.

IMO, stay with the factory stereo and spend your money on a nice home system.