PDA

View Full Version : Customs/Duties

New2Talon
08-18-2006, 01:37 AM
I am buying a car from the states and the seller has spare parts (uninstalled bodykit, uninstalled springs), that I am going to be buying seperatly. Do I need any special paperwork to decalre them, and not have customs sieze my sh!t?

I was told by someone that I need to pay additional taxes/duties to bring these in. Is this true? I awill probably have a bill of sale regarding the car, as well as one regarding the parts.

And if I am buying a car for around 20K, and the kbb says its worth 10K, can I buy the car for 20K, and put 10K on the bill of sale, so I only have to pay tax/duty on 10K? Customs just looks at the kbb value of the car don't they for tax/duty?

What are some good shipping companies? Do they let you ship anything (spare parts) with the car?

Fcuk
08-18-2006, 01:53 AM
If i were you i would get the buyer to write those spare parts in on the bill of sale so it would cost you less $.

Ass for the kelly blue book i'm pretty sure you can write 10K but they're gonna hold you there for a while either way.

The KBB shows 2,450$ for mY MR2 but they didnt even believe me when i said it was 10k.