PDA

View Full Version : OEM Warranty on a US used s2000

pinoyhero
08-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Can anyone confirm whether Canadian deals will honor factory warranty on a US car? Specifically a honda s2000, I'm thinking of picking one up from the states...I've heard lots of conflicting info...

4doorj
08-18-2006, 08:54 AM
i heard they will not warranty anything

JRSC00LUDE
08-18-2006, 08:59 AM
A friend of mine is in new jersey picking up a used 05 nissan murano as we speak (just talked to him, he's at the dealer!).

According to what he has found out, the u.s. warranty is only good for 60 days once brought across the border. So as soon as you get it, go in and get it all checked out real good. The U.S. warranty is not voided in the U.S. however so if you have a problem you could cross the border to a honda dealer in montana or something and it would still be covered even though it is owned in Canada.

Things may be different for Honda than Nissan? Perhaps call Honda Canada to inquire for sure?

JGerke
08-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Call Honda, thats the only place you will find a definite answer.

Ek9Max
08-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Yuo will have no warantee.

sl888
08-18-2006, 08:59 PM
No I've done some research on that since I was gonna pick up an s2k from the states also. Honda WILL NOT warranty if you bring it up from the states. But from what everyone says and what I think, saving almost $10,000 by purchasing one from the states will/should cover anything that might go wrong.
I'm guessing you miss the s2000?

me&you
08-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Different companies honour warranties differently. It usually comes down to how the companies are structured.

For example. Honda and Acura Canada are seperate companies from Honda America and have no obligation to honour the warranties. This has always been the case, even before US cars made economical sense to bring up.

Porsche Canada is a subsidiary of Porsche Cars North America and obligated to honour the PCNA warranty.

Nissan/Infiniti, Porsche, BMW, Audi, Bentley and Aston Martin all honour warranties. Others, not sure of.

max_boost
08-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by lude2S from S2Ki
Also, depending on which dealership you go to and if you have any relation with them warranty work is not an issue. All the dealership has to do is submit the warranty claim to Honda USA instead of Canada. Its just a matter of if they will do so for you. Its like if you went on holidays into the US and were down south and your car broke down under warranty. You're telling me you would have to ship the car back to Canada to get fixed? No, a US dealership would be more than willing to help you out otherwise it would be the last honda i ever owned.

Found this post on S2Ki. Prairie Redliners. Interesting indeed.

sl888
08-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Found this post on S2Ki. Prairie Redliners. Interesting indeed.
Well they'll fix it of course but you'll get charged for it

pinoyhero
08-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by sl888
No I've done some research on that since I was gonna pick up an s2k from the states also. Honda WILL NOT warranty if you bring it up from the states. But from what everyone says and what I think, saving almost $10,000 by purchasing one from the states will/should cover anything that might go wrong.
I'm guessing you miss the s2000?

You bet I do, but I am not comfortable buying a car from the states without a warranty, that's been my safety net for buying used cars in general. I will buy another product, not a Honda, due to this flaw vs. other manufacturers, shame on Honda.

boi-alien
08-21-2006, 06:45 AM
call honda canada, in my experience they have honored US warranties. But call to cover yourself.

pinoyhero
08-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Hmm, interesting, wheni get my act togethey for my next ride ill confirm and let everyone know.

sl888
08-21-2006, 09:49 PM
I think another option would be to purchase warranty from a Honda dealership.

95EagleAWD
08-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Pick up the phone and call and ask... how much time does that take?

:drama: