PDA

View Full Version : Out with the old...need advice

Weapon_R
08-18-2006, 02:46 PM
I think I may have sold my E36 today!!

So far, things have gone great. Deposit is in hand, financing has been put through, and we're waiting til monday for the verdict.

Anyways, i've been looking at a couple of cars lately and i'm wondering if you guys could give me a hand. I'm looking at an E46 325ci and also a 328ci.

I want the 328ci, but i've had so much trouble finding a good 2 door with 5 spd. Im wondering if those who've purchased or driven both can give me an unbiased review of the two...

Is the displacement really noticable? Does the 328 have more options than the already well-equipped 325? Is it worth the extra coin for the 328?

Any reviews are appreciated...

teggypimp95
08-18-2006, 03:03 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141586

Id get this one if i had the coin.

I worked at bmw for years and i dont see a huge differnce. Yes the 328 has a tad more juice, they are pretty much the same car. I dont really see where the extra money goes. Id get a 325 and chip the thing. It would then be purring like a kitten.

interlude
08-18-2006, 03:13 PM
I have a 328 and love it. if you want to check it out.. im sure we can arrange something. Bobo is changing my oil tomorrow (sat) and my spark plugs, i can take you out for a spin if u want

pinoyhero
08-18-2006, 03:53 PM
U used to have the 323 very nice but guyless car. I did have the sedan though which isn't as sporty, very well build car though in vomparison to wagst else ice been driving.

max_boost
08-18-2006, 04:43 PM
328 definitely has more juice. 193hp and 206 ft.llbs torque vs 184hp and 175 ft.llbs torque.

It might have more or less options depending what the vehicle specifically comes with.

Premium Package=Harmon Kardon Sound system, sunroof, montana leather, powered seats

Sport Package=Sport suspension, sport seats and upgraded wheels.

What's your budget?

d.maczko
08-18-2006, 05:43 PM
fugg the e46's

go with an e30 m3, and boost it,

car handles like a go cart

+1 for e30

herragge
08-19-2006, 01:11 AM
^^^Unfortunately the S14 doesn't make for a very reliable daily driver. It is one of the most finicky engines in the ///M's ever made.

And boosting it would go against all what the purists stand for!:eek: :drama: lol

Good luck with what ever you choose, I have no experience with the E46.

Mike

kaput
08-19-2006, 12:00 PM

scat19
08-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Whatever you get, its a great car.

FI 330 is M3 territory btw ;)

d.maczko
08-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by herragge
^^^Unfortunately the S14 doesn't make for a very reliable daily driver. It is one of the most finicky engines in the ///M's ever made.

And boosting it would go against all what the purists stand for!:eek: :drama: lol

Good luck with what ever you choose, I have no experience with the E46.

Mike

S14 is a no go in my books
tear out that 4cyl and drop the S5X in and give her some boost, youll be happy. there is a guy locally, Matt, that has this swap in his 325 e30. very nice car, was at DTP edmonton, took best euro i believe.

interlude
08-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
328 definitely has more juice. 193hp and 206 ft.llbs torque vs 184hp and 175 ft.llbs torque.

It might have more or less options depending what the vehicle specifically comes with.

Premium Package=Harmon Kardon Sound system, sunroof, montana leather, powered seats

Sport Package=Sport suspension, sport seats and upgraded wheels.

What's your budget?

according to my buddy that works at bmw.. mine came with the "M Package" i asked about my stereo.. he said its the upgraded package, but i dont have the harmon kardon emblem or the button to toggle it on and off.. he said in 2001 it came with that little button.

I guess the only way to find out for sure is to check the speakers in the doors? :dunno:

ACS-e36
08-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by interlude

according to my buddy that works at bmw.. mine came with the "M Package" i asked about my stereo.. he said its the upgraded package, but i dont have the harmon kardon emblem or the button to toggle it on and off.. he said in 2001 it came with that little button.

I guess the only way to find out for sure is to check the speakers in the doors? :dunno:

they didnt have the M sport packs till 02. but it looks like you have the sport and premium pack minus the HK

Evo prec
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM
from personaly experience i would go with the newer 325ci because it simply just comes with newer and better options then the 328 had. There is barely any differences between the two cars from when i drove them. So go with something newer that has better options it will be worth more money in the long run anyways