PDA

View Full Version : transfer from MRC to UOFC need HELP

k98303
08-19-2006, 01:19 AM
im thinking to transfer from mount royal college to u of c business... so im asked to take these 20 coureseby at Mount royal to get enuff gpa and transfer to uc.. but many of them i can't find what they called at MRC.
for example, BSEN291 or STAT 213, which courses at mount royal would be accepted by u of c as these courses..
i asked u of c,and they freaking told me to ask mount royal
i asked mount royal and they told me to ask u of c
what fukers
i checked www.acat.gov.ab.ca , the transfer website but i can't find nething...
so does anyone know anything..help! i need to register asap..

dudeman
08-19-2006, 01:23 AM
hey, doing the same thing, go to the mount royal bookstore, pick up the calender and schedule, by the course description, if the course is transferrable, will be the u of c equivilant... thats what i did...

hope that helps

pm me if you have more questions

three.eighteen.
08-19-2006, 02:40 AM
yeah go into the bisset office at mrc, 2nd floor of the EB building, there's a sheet there that has all the courses you need to take at mrc to transfer, the courses have entirely different names and numbers between the 2 schools

k98303
08-19-2006, 07:09 AM
:eek: last time i went there and asked them that old lady told me "well go ask u of c for what they would accept"

thankx guys! dudeman r u doing the samething? ive heard u need very high GPA to transfer ...like 3.2+?

how u doing so far

sl888
08-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Yeah go to the Bisset office and get the sheet. I did the same thing but couldn't get in. Well I didn't really finish the 2 year, just missing 2 classes haha. My gf who is already in the B Comm at the U said the transfer GPA is pretty high and that my 3.3 will not be accepted.

t-im
08-19-2006, 09:12 AM
A few years ago, a 3.2 would have been consider low in regards to transfering into Haskayne. However, I thought they lowered their admissions due to more funding?

snade831
08-19-2006, 10:18 AM
You could also talk to an advisor at MRC. Sometimes they are no help at all, but in this case you should be alright.

three.eighteen.
08-19-2006, 01:33 PM
05-06 was my last yr at mrc and u of c said 3.0 was GUARANTEED for 06-07 admission because of additional funding, maybe my year lucked out, but a 3.2-3.4 is not hard to get at mrc, a lot of the classes are designed for you to do well in

mushi_mushi
08-19-2006, 07:12 PM
I havnt transfered any courses but why dont you just use the transfer equivlence navigator https://dciwasp.admin.ucalgary.ca/webapp/main_menu/pagStudent
(look under services not requireing sign in), I think that would be the quick and easy way to do it

k98303
08-20-2006, 01:46 PM
thankx guys i found what i want :thumbsup:

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
05-06 was my last yr at mrc and u of c said 3.0 was GUARANTEED for 06-07 admission because of additional funding, maybe my year lucked out, but a 3.2-3.4 is not hard to get at mrc, a lot of the classes are designed for you to do well in

really, i found MRC econ 201 and 203 and computer science so hard, cuz they have writen for midterm and final...u of c only has multiple choices..plus the professors i experienced at MRC werent that nice. i felt like they really want me to get in shit or sth, but the ones at uc, they were willing to curve my marks up if i talk to them nicely. :dunno:

three.eighteen.
08-20-2006, 03:06 PM
well econ 201 and 203 arent in the business faculty, but everyone that works in the business faculty knows that most students are there to transfer and pretty much slow down the whole class to get as many marks above B as possible

are you talking about the computer science requirement of the bcomm transfer? cus i didnt even buy the text book, went to class (for attendance or just slept in it) and still got an A-, but again, none of those courses are within the business department

also you take the econs and computer science in the first year (or at least its suggested you do), so they do not count towards your transfer GPA (last 10 courses). I would even venture to say i was the most socially outgoing person in my classes (read: talkative and cheeky, but in a semi-respectful way to the profs) and in all my classes that were from the business department i received no mark lower than a B

k98303
08-20-2006, 03:35 PM
yea that is what im plannin to do too. i took computer science, but my mark was not high enough, so im gonna leave it and retake it for one of the last 10 courses to have high GPA. i really found the MRC teachers very mean, like my admn 1120, the accountin class during spring, my prof was such a bitch...everyone got pissed off
and i got a D =(