PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket

three.eighteen.
04-20-2003, 01:18 AM
damn got caught speeding back to edmonton 150km/h in a 110...$209 tickets, 4 demerits i think?

any options?

max_boost
04-20-2003, 01:37 AM
Fight it and try to get it knocked down to 1 or 2 demerits lol
If you don't fight it, be prepared to get fcuked by insurance! haha

Ben
04-20-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Fight it and try to get it knocked down to 1 or 2 demerits lol
If you don't fight it, be prepared to get fcuked by insurance! haha

How many tickets have you got 318?

Insurance generally lets the first one slide.

Where is the ticket issued for (district) if its anywhere between red deer and e-town, sorry to say your more or less OWNED unless you get a lawyer.

If its your first ticket they may go easy on you, but if its a little town where they dont see much action, you will get worked fully.

three.eighteen.
04-20-2003, 02:19 AM
i have 1 ticket before this but it wasnt even really a driving violation (grade 12, egging out of the van)...this would be the first of any demerits on the record...

and the area i got pulled over in is ponoka lol

Ben
04-20-2003, 02:41 AM
well the good news is your licence is clean (gives you more credibility and leeway as far as getting a reduction)

The bad news is its in ponoka...and that place will try and get every dime outta ya.

Weapon_R
04-20-2003, 10:51 AM
lol cops aint got shit to do in Ponoka, so they'll show up for sure :)

rage2
04-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Ponoka is a speed trap town. Good luck, cuz you're going to get f**ked by them sorry to say.

three.eighteen.
04-20-2003, 03:20 PM
haha dont think "i have a bent rim that is affecting my speedo" will work?

Altezza
04-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
haha dont think "i have a bent rim that is affecting my speedo" will work?

haha, no...they'll ask you to get your speedometer checked. I had to do it on an M3...the speedometer was off, but the wrong direction, doh! If it's substantially off, you're lucky. If not, you just wasted like $70 on top of the ticket.

sml
04-21-2003, 05:41 PM
I wonder who keeps spreading rumors that if your speedo is off like 0.0000000000001%, then you get off scotch free... This is the REAL world NEO!!! Cops and court lawyers don't buy this crap no more!!! Especially since everyone and their cat's been trying to use this trick forever and ever... Don't you think cops will find another way to counter your little pathetic "defence"???

I'm being a bit steamy because I understand if you're going 120-130ish on highway2, cause sometimes that's the speed of flow... But freakin 150??? And you expect to get a $70 speedo test and get off scotch free??? Come on... wakeup and smell the freakin coffee!!! You can say that the cops are off in their measurement AND that your speedo is off, so let's do some math here: Cop clocked you at 150km/hr, Let's say that he radar is off by 5%, your "bent" rims caused your speedo to misread by another 5%. So, you've got 10% error between the speed you are actually going vs the speed that you *think* you're going... That's 15km/hr off... which means you're going at least 135km/hr, which means you're STILL 15km/hr over the 110km/hr speed limit, which means that you've STILL commited a speeding violation!!!

This is not just a flame reply, I'll try to be constructive here, so here's my advice to you, beg the CP to reduce your fine by giving him a BJ under his table, then *hopefully* you'll learn from your mistake and not speed anymore, unless you enjoy begging and giving a older fellow a BJ... In that case, speed all you want, but make sure you get enough mouth excercises...

Killumanti
04-21-2003, 07:35 PM
If you try to fight it I don't think anything will happen, it'll stay the say, but you could always try...

good luck on it

three.eighteen.
04-21-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by sml
[B]I wonder who keeps spreading rumors that if your speedo is off like 0.0000000000001%, then you get off scotch free... This is the REAL world NEO!!! Cops and court lawyers don't buy this crap no more!!! Especially since everyone and their cat's been trying to use this trick forever and ever... Don't you think cops will find another way to counter your little pathetic "defence"???

I'm being a bit steamy because I understand if you're going 120-130ish on highway2, cause sometimes that's the speed of flow... But freakin 150??? And you expect to get a $70 speedo test and get off scotch free??? Come on... wakeup and smell the freakin coffee!!! [B]

dude...fuck you? yes i realize that 150 is a speeding violation which is why i presented absolutely no defence when pulled over, i did not argue or plead because i knew i was caught, its that simple, and i am not stupid enough to think a speedo calibration test will get me off scotch free...i am not contesting the fact that i was speeding...and i seriously doubt anyone could honestly say theyve driven highway 2 at proper speeds every time, can you??...all i was asking is that is there any way to REDUCE the ticket...ever try to mouth me off, or insult my intelligence again...and i will find you and bend your wipers...

sml
04-23-2003, 11:17 AM

dude...fuck you? yes i realize that 150 is a speeding violation which is why i presented absolutely no defence when pulled over, i did not argue or plead because i knew i was caught, its that simple, and i am not stupid enough to think a speedo calibration test will get me off scotch free...i am not contesting the fact that i was speeding...and i seriously doubt anyone could honestly say theyve driven highway 2 at proper speeds every time, can you??...all i was asking is that is there any way to REDUCE the ticket...ever try to mouth me off, or insult my intelligence again...and i will find you and bend your wipers...

hahaha!!! fook yu, fook mi??? I didn't know you had a twin! hahaha!!! Ok, little boy, I'm just reading your posts out of context. I'm no psychic, so I can't interpret what you wrote to what you are actually *thinking*... *Me puts on my lawyer's hat, cause I'm not a REAL lawyer =)* Here are the facts: You got caught speeding by a wide margin by a law officer. You offered no defense or arguments when you got pulled over because you know you're guilty of speeding. You try to weasle your way to reduce a fine on a crime that you've admitted to commiting. You blame the fact that you're speeding because you honestly could say that everyone else DOES "speed" on that same stretch of highway that you were caught. Now, tell me exactly why you think you deserve a lesser fine. You do the crime, you pay the time "dude"... You speed, you fouked up. Now pay your debt to society and get on with your life and just keep reminding yourself that the price to pay for speeding is too much for what you've actually achieved from the act. In regards to insulting your intelligence, I never said anything that allude that point. You sorta insulted your own intelligence by a) speeding, b) speeding AND get caught, c) speeding in a WELL KNOWN speed trap zone... And I take your last statement as a personal threat to my safety and the safety of my property and this can be used and will be used against you in a court of law. *puts lawyer's hat off* :thumbsup:

rage2
04-23-2003, 11:19 AM
Ok kids, tone 'er down.

Seanith
04-23-2003, 12:30 PM

i will find you and bend your wipers...

OMG *DEAD*
:rofl: :rofl:

fast95pony
04-23-2003, 12:59 PM
If you end up in jail,bring lots of KY.......
:eek:

Ben
04-23-2003, 01:03 PM

WTF is your problem man.

Melinda
04-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Anyone else feeling the love in here?

GTS Jeff
04-23-2003, 02:28 PM
my recap of events:

318-"i got a ticket. what can i do?"
318-"it was in ponoka"
318-makes joke about bent rim
sml-"HAHAHAHAHHAHA YOU IZ FUCKED MOTHERFUCKER!!"
318-"fuck off man"
sml-misses the point

sml, i think 318 is fully aware of the crimes hes committed against society. with that said, its not so wrong for him to want to reduce his fine. its not like him getting away with a reduced fine will make him any more likely to speed again.

sml
04-23-2003, 03:28 PM
Hahaha... okok... my bad... I got too worked up, you know stressed out from stuff at work... I do admit that I speed once a while, but not as much anymore probably cause I'm too old for this, don't have time to go to court, and I'm scared to die! ha! Anyways, I'll drop this now, but I did enjoy arguing and disagreing with people cause it's the nature of my job! BUT ONLY IF 318 agrees that he's not gonna bend my wipers!!! That's like the worst thing that you can do to someone... :rofl:

Ben
04-23-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by sml
That's like the worst thing that you can do to someone... :rofl:

I dunno man, a Kick in the Junk/Box would suck pretty bad too, haha

GTS Jeff
04-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by sml
Hahaha... okok... my bad... I got too worked up, you know stressed out from stuff at work... I do admit that I speed once a while, but not as much anymore probably cause I'm too old for this, don't have time to go to court, and I'm scared to die! ha! Anyways, I'll drop this now, but I did enjoy arguing and disagreing with people cause it's the nature of my job! BUT ONLY IF 318 agrees that he's not gonna bend my wipers!!! That's like the worst thing that you can do to someone... :rofl: haha good stuff. i tihnk everyones pretty stressed these days cuz of exams and whatnot. april seems like a busy time for everyone..

4wheeldrift
04-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Silly season is almost over, things can settle down again in a week or two.

eur0
04-23-2003, 09:44 PM
318 your an idiot haha glad they caught your ass hahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA :rofl: jp man i was doing 200 comin back from banff :)