PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Sales

ashee
08-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Anyone interested in selling gym memberships our club is currently looking to hire 2-4 new fitness consulatants. There has been a high turn over especially lately and we need people who are serious about sales and good at working towards meeting a monthly goal. It is hourly pay ($12/hr) or comission for the first 3 months(whichever is greater), gaurenteed $1500/month and then after it is strictly comission based income. For each membership enrollment you earn $100 plus bonuses depending on total sales. For more info or if you are interested contact Rick at 240-1555, fax a resume to 246-4927 or drop one off at 4604 - 37th St. SW.

Ramdawg
08-19-2006, 11:53 AM
what club is it?

ashee
08-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Oh sorry, World Health Club

jay42w8
08-19-2006, 12:03 PM
im guessing this is sunridge WHC by the adress.....do they hire just for evenings and weekends? and will they fire u if u dont sell enough

ashee
08-19-2006, 12:16 PM
No it's Richmond, Sunridge is NE.
They won't fire you if you don't sell enough but you probably won't want to stay because you won't make much money. Right now we're hiring for almost anything we need staff. It's not a hard job and it's not hard getting people into the club it's just sometimes difficult closing sales.

jay42w8
08-19-2006, 12:18 PM
^ i dont care about money...i just need some extra cash...thats why i was asking if they are hiring part-time...preferably just weekends

tia

jay42w8
08-19-2006, 05:59 PM
another question...how does it work when someone walks in and is interested in the gym....do u have a line up of whose next in line to try and sell them one?!:dunno:

ashee
08-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Yea there's a system one person gets a walk in then the next and the next it rotates unless someones on lunch or already sitting down with someone.

~Leah~
08-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Yuck.

Never liked this gym.... and now my old boss from Gold's is working at one and suckered me into helping him out for a while. I hate how sales are pushed so hard at a place of fitness, so I'm not a fan. People are nice but unless you're really high pressure, I would recommend against it.

ashee
08-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah it's not a job I'd like to do just helping the boss out.

GTS Jeff
08-19-2006, 11:12 PM
So uhh, being healthy and fit isn't a requirement for working at the gym I take it?

~Leah~
08-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
So uhh, being healthy and fit isn't a requirement for working at the gym I take it?

I know your comment is part of the whole Ashee bashing thing, but honestly, it totally isn't a requirement and it's fucking sickening, even with trainers... and it's why I will not have my name associated with the gym.

Fcuk
08-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

I know your comment is part of the whole Ashee bashing thing, but honestly, it totally isn't a requirement and it's fucking sickening, even with trainers... and it's why I will not have my name associated with the gym.

Maybe your taking fitness too far? Relax.

ashee
08-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Have you actually ever met me? No.
Do you know my work out schedule? No.
Do you know my health records? No.
Being fit is not a requirement for working in the gym unless you are a trainer, which is a tad unusual. All of the trainers at our location are incredibly fit. As much as you all love to think otherwise I am healthy and fairly active.

GTS Jeff
08-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by ashee
Being fit is not a requirement for working in the gym unless you are a trainer, which is a tad unusual. All of the trainers at our location are incredibly fit. As much as you all love to think otherwise I am healthy and fairly active. Huh? I was just asking a simple question unrelated to you...if you see some sorta fat-dig in that, then you've got issues. Like maybe an insecurity about your weight?

ashee
08-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Well considering a good number of the populus here had a topic basically bashing me and you've been trying to bash me in many of the topics I've replied to lately it's natural to assume it was related to me.

Anyhow back to the topic if anyone's interested or even curious give Rick a call, he'd be happy to answer questions or set you up with an interview.

GTS Jeff
08-20-2006, 09:23 AM
FAT!

jay42w8
08-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Fcuk

Maybe your taking fitness too far? Relax.

:werd: whats your problem? :dunno: ..u just admitted to selling out yourself for ur boss too..

~Leah~
08-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Maybe because I think anyone who works in a place of fitness should be fit, especially trainers. Most of the ones I met don't know what they're talking about. But I'm serious about it cuz it's been my life for the past 2 yrs

jay42w8
08-20-2006, 11:35 PM
fair enough...but ur still selling urself out by "helping him (ur boss) out for a while" at the gym you so greatly despise:dunno: ..ur a gym snob (at least u sound like one in ur posts)...ur bashing everyone that works out at WHC and suggesting that we shouldnt be in the gym or something because were not as dedicated as urself....i love WHC Bay club...its a bright gym with nice equipment and machines...its members are professional white collar types like myself and there are nice looking girls to look at there....maybe WHC doesnt wanna promote itself and be a place SOLELY for hardcore fitness types like urself...maybe its a place for just your average joe/jane who wants to stay active and be social...ever think about that? :rolleyes: oh and btw...there a few a pro fitness models/bodybuilders that work out there too

editted to add the rolling eyes emoticon at the end

snade831
08-20-2006, 11:54 PM
There has been a high turn over

Because unelss you are seriously competitive and into sales, it's not a fun job. I worked at Goodlife Fitness as a CSR (front desk person) and even after going to "Base Camp" for 5 days to learn how to sell memberships, these people were bowing out after a couple days because it was too stressful. Just keep that in mind.
But all the power to ya if you're into that kind of thing. :thumbsup:

kerry
08-24-2006, 10:30 PM
hahahah I love how these thread's Ashee and Leah post in
get way out of hand and someone usually get's served.

jay42w8
08-24-2006, 11:16 PM
i served Leah good didnt I... I feel bad though...she just sounds like such a snob when she talks about gyms :dunno:

msommers
08-24-2006, 11:18 PM
So can you work weekends only?

FlySi
08-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Maybe because I think anyone who works in a place of fitness should be fit, especially trainers.

umm k, but arent u a trainer?

kerry
08-24-2006, 11:33 PM
^^^^^^^^^ FlySi FTW!!!!! :D :D :D

Team_Mclaren
08-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Being fit is not a requirement for working in the gym unless you are a trainer, which is a tad unusual. All of the trainers at our location are incredibly fit. As much as you all love to think otherwise I am healthy and fairly active.

1. no
2. no, but obviously its not working.
3. eating disorder?

1-Bar
08-25-2006, 12:08 AM
^snap, mods are supposted to be nice....

jay42w8
08-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by FlySi

umm k, but arent u a trainer?

im new to beyond.ca......is sheeee.....................................fat?

A2VR6
08-25-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

3. eating disorder?

you mean "compulsive overeating?"

kerry
08-25-2006, 12:12 AM
^ I'm not nice =) and you know rage isn't nice....
and he runs the fricken show!!!!!!!!!!

Dickhead mods FTW!

GTS Jeff
08-25-2006, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by jay42w8

im new to beyond.ca......is sheeee.....................................fat? The A in Ashee stands for Astronomically sized.

Who?
08-25-2006, 07:06 AM

1- And I dont want to
2- I can bet it says "BIG APE" on the front page
3- That would be a tough sell.. It's like someone selling tanning cream that is pale as a ghost
4- Ok, well do some more fat burning and I might be willing to sleep with you.

Ok, I dont know you but I thought it would sound funny. I care about you and hope you do well in life.

Palmiros
08-25-2006, 07:16 AM
When you thought you've seen it all, a thread like this comes along.
How the hell did the topic switch from hiring someone and making some extra cash to talking about someone else's "size"?
As for the mod comment above, un-professional. (not that any of you are)

:bullshit: :thumbsdow

kerry
08-25-2006, 11:37 AM
^^^^ Hey you don't like it? Leave mo fugga!!!! :D :D

Jeff FTW

~Leah~
08-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8
fair enough...but ur still selling urself out by "helping him (ur boss) out for a while" at the gym you so greatly despise:dunno: ..ur a gym snob (at least u sound like one in ur posts)...ur bashing everyone that works out at WHC and suggesting that we shouldnt be in the gym or something because were not as dedicated as urself....i love WHC Bay club...its a bright gym with nice equipment and machines...its members are professional white collar types like myself and there are nice looking girls to look at there....maybe WHC doesnt wanna promote itself and be a place SOLELY for hardcore fitness types like urself...maybe its a place for just your average joe/jane who wants to stay active and be social...ever think about that? :rolleyes: oh and btw...there a few a pro fitness models/bodybuilders that work out there too

editted to add the rolling eyes emoticon at the end

Not once did I ever insult anyone who works out at WHC, and after doing ONE assessment with a client at the gym, and finding myself bashing the company the whole time, I quit. So really, I'm not a hypocrite. Work out there, good for you, at least your being active.

I don't like most people who work there because they are pushy money grabbing idiots who don't care about fitness, they just try to use it as an excuse to grab more money. That's exactly what I told the girl I did the assessment on. Told her I will not push selling my training sessions on her. But showed her what I could offer her, but told her I would most likely not be sticking around so she might want to look elsewhere, unless she wanted someone to train her outside of the gym, which I'd be more than happy to do, and she would probably be better off.

Since that wasn't fair to the company, I have since told my boss it's an unorganized gongshow and I can't do it.

l8braker
08-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Did you work at the Canyon Meadows location? Shady people there.

Originally posted by snade831

Because unelss you are seriously competitive and into sales, it's not a fun job. I worked at Goodlife Fitness as a CSR (front desk person) and even after going to "Base Camp" for 5 days to learn how to sell memberships, these people were bowing out after a couple days because it was too stressful. Just keep that in mind.
But all the power to ya if you're into that kind of thing. :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
08-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by B16EM1
^ I'm not nice =) and you know rage isn't nice....
and he runs the fricken show!!!!!!!!!!

Dickhead mods FTW!

Pfft I have you all beat :whipped: