PDA

View Full Version : i seen a lotus esprit v8 the other day.....

2000impreza
07-15-2002, 10:25 PM
i was at west ed yesterday(sunday). had a very hard time finding a parking spot. so i drive around to the playdium side. driving through the parkade i hear this sound...... it was high pitched. the sound was unique. never heard anything like it before. i hear the car getting closer...... hehe. i drive really slow and wait for it. then it see it comming in the opposite direction. i notice it was a 2 seater.... very low ride hight. when it passed me i looked in the rear view mirror and noticed it had a lotus badge on it :eek: . i thought it was a kit car so i turned around to take closer look. it was parked. i parked behind it. i realized that it was no kit car. haha. too bad i didn't have my camera with me. i looked it up on supercars.net to make sure it the right model i thought it was. here's the link: http://www.supercars.net/cars/1997@$Lotus@$Esprit%20V8.html

not every day i see a exotic car.... hehe :love:

Ekliptix
07-15-2002, 10:53 PM
I saw a Turbo Esprit race at Race City in SS. He put it in gear and took off, well he tried to take off, but there was fluid and little metal bits on the ground after he tried so all he got was a big repair bill for the Lotus. haha

LowRiderHD2000
07-16-2002, 01:43 AM
I saw the Lotus slowing up SS.

4wheeldrift
07-16-2002, 07:14 AM
Was it sort of a champagne color, 2000impreza? if it wast, that car is worth quite a bit more than your "normal" esprit.

2000impreza
07-16-2002, 11:36 AM
can you explain what champagne color looks like? it was really dark in the parkade. i thought it was kind of reddish. sister siad it more light orange. i will say it wasn't your average colour. weird seeing one of these things here in edmonton. damn if i had a lotus esprit i don't think i would ever race it...... hehe. more of a weekend get-away car :nut: .

what makes the champagne color car different from the average esprit? :confused:

T5_X
07-16-2002, 01:24 PM
Hmmm, never seen that one in edmonton. I've seen a couple older ones though, like 80s models.

Last year though I saw the sweetest thing in Vancouver. I was heading downtown on the burrard st. bridge and coming the opposite direction, this ferrari 360 modena powerslides onto the bridge followed by a lotus esprit S4. My friend and I were just like "holy shit!"

eur0
07-16-2002, 03:28 PM
yea i saw a black espirit yesturday, completely out of the blue and was like holy shit

Evan
07-16-2002, 03:36 PM
Mmmm, so nice :) Never seen one in person.

4wheeldrift
07-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
can you explain what champagne color looks like? it was really dark in the parkade. i thought it was kind of reddish. sister siad it more light orange. i will say it wasn't your average colour. weird seeing one of these things here in edmonton. damn if i had a lotus esprit i don't think i would ever race it...... hehe. more of a weekend get-away car :nut: .

what makes the champagne color car different from the average esprit? :confused:

Sort of a very light brown color, with gold metal flake.

The reason the car is special is because it was one of the first esprit to feature the sequential twin turbo setup they are using now. It was a geneva auto show car and is different from the production esprits.

2000impreza
07-16-2002, 11:15 PM
who knows. it might be one of the special ones. the dude that drives it must be rich. yeah. all you gotta be is rich to have one of those cars... rich. thats all i tell you :nut:

Toms-Celica
07-17-2002, 12:25 AM
You can get used one that year for under $50,000