PDA

View Full Version : UC Geology Field Course

Impreza
08-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Starting my field course tomorrow. Anyone here taken it before? I am taking GLGY337. Is it incredibly boring work?

I have to goto Exshaw everyday for 7days then head to Great Falls for 3 more days. What time can I expect to be back in town from my day trips to Exshaw?

spyce
08-20-2006, 07:25 PM
My gf has to take it in a couple of weeks.
Where did you end up picking up your geologic hammer?

Impreza
08-20-2006, 10:18 PM
I went around to a couple places but just ended up ordering online. www.deakin.com and it was <$30 + shipping. I needed it fast so I got shippng by air, if you get ground shipping, you should be getting a much better price than online.

Jas3on
08-21-2006, 03:02 PM
My GF just graduated Geology and she says it's pretty slack. You meet lots of people. Are you taking it with Jerry Osborn?
If you liked him in 203, you should get to know him. In my first year I offered to volunteer some time with him, and in the summer I ended up doing geo research in Alaska and Northern BC with him. Led to better jobs in industry the following years.

(I start geophysics field school on Monday)

Nav13
08-26-2006, 01:41 PM
What year Geophysics are you? I am going into second year, and I hope I am reading the information on their site correctly. Its my understanding you take it in in the summer after your 3rd year?